Will the speed limit of 150km / h be removed?

Mohammad Afzooni

150km/hour seems fine to me. I know that on certain highways you might feel it's appropriate for driving 200. As mentioned above, it is dangerous to allow a higher speed in a multiplayer server. I often see people drive 150 on the calais-duisburg road. 200 would be chaos all day. Maybe allowed for certain parts on a straight highway but afterall, just for that I think they won't remove a limitation.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, TommyFresh said:

Even with the speed limit at 150 it's still chaos. Doesn't stop trolls ramming in to you. Would be nice if it was increased to 175-180. Wouldn't cause more issues than there is currently.

How would you decide when it too much tho. Im sure after that people are interested for pulling it up to 200. 150 seems nice, logic and appropriate for the general game.

3 hours ago, Averazon said:

How would you decide when it too much tho. Im sure after that people are interested for pulling it up to 200. 150 seems nice, logic and appropriate for the general game.

Yeah I get that some people may then want to increase it again etc

With the speed limit set at 150 I find it rather easy though an extra 20-30 kph I feel would be nice and make it a little more of a challenge.

Having said that I don't mind if it stays at 150. 90% of the time I'm on externals anyway.

20 hours ago, {IR.G}Mohammad.afz said:

Will the speed limit of 150km / h be removed?

Many players are keen to eliminate the speed limit when playing multiplayer so that their truck can travel more than 150 kilometers per hour.

Well, I don't think that this will happen. And its also good if it don't changes. Seriously, how realistic is it if a truck fully loaded travels at 150km per hour? It isn't! And those Skoda's are also fine with 150 limitation. I hate when newcomers need to abuse them. I don't say all of them, but its enough that it's annoying me pretty hard. I hope you understand my arguments and when you have questions I'll try to answer. ;) 

Sincerely Rapido

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

20 hours ago, Carl_116 said:

I choose to argue with the fact that accidents have been reduced with the addition of the speed limiter. I still see plenty of ETS2 Fails and funny moments videos on youtube. I honestly feel that having a speed limiter has caused more head-on collisions cause of people not being able to pass slow-moving trucks in passing areas. Yes, it is quicker to stop or to slow down from 150km/h but there are still plenty of rear-end accidents. The only thing that is going to stop accidents or reduce them will be if people learn how to control their truck & drive in a safe manner and being aware of stuff happening around them & if we all play with the same brake intensity. But there will still be accidents cause of human error. But I do think the Speed Limiter is not needed as there is no punishment if you going faster than what the posted speed is.

The accidents haven't reduced because 150 is still way too fast. In real life, speed limits have proven to work. It's not rocket science. When going 150 you have no time to react on other drivers, and the braking distance increases a lot.

From 200 to 150 is not much difference. from 150 to 90 is. It's a bit too logical to still keep debating about it.

i dont know if anyone noticed but the game engine starts craping on it self after 140km/h.. anything higher isnt really that stable.. its only a old version of bullet physics engine on to top of the scs engine! dont expect ets2 or ats to be a racing game.. it really isnt, never was and never wanted to be..

sysp-73354.png

I personally think the speed limit only reduces single truck accidents primarily. Generally there is not a whole lot of situations where it would cause accidents with innocent drivers. More than likely two drivers that are both speeding anyway. So who cares if they crash?  

That being said, it's not that big of an issue with me. While I do like to speed when I am not around other drivers... there is not a ton of opportunities to go beyond that speed safely anyway. But if they wanted to get rid of a lot of complaints I think making it 153 to 160 km/h would be fast enough to reduce complaints, while at the same time not being a significant increase. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

7 hours ago, Swiss Fäbu said:

if that suits you then you can go to EU1 because you can only drive 110 and most of them are decent.

Fabio

Go drive multiplayer without players? That kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? EU1 is empty mate.

It's either everyone driving 150 or nothing. It's a trucksim so focus should be on simming. And driving 150 in a truck has nothing to do with a simulator. Wich is 50% of the title of this game.

5 hours ago, Averazon said:

Keep it to 150, all is fine with it. It is not too fast, not too slow. Be happy with the things you have lol

I'm with you. Otherwise it will take really long to finish a route. Everything is fine how it is at the moment.

1 hour ago, Evillian said:

Go Drive Multiplayer ohne Spieler? Diese Art besiegt den Zweck, nicht wahr? EU1 ist leerer Kumpel.

Entweder fahren alle 150 oder nichts. Es ist ein Trucksim, also sollte der Schwerpunkt auf dem Simulieren liegen. Und 150 in einem Lastwagen zu fahren, hat nichts mit einem Simulator zu tun. Das sind 50% des Titels dieses Spiels.

Archived