Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Overtaking speed

[VIVA] ExDe707

I wonder how people overtake so well in this game, every time I try to overtake someone slow after following them for a while due to oncoming traffic my 730hp Scania seems to struggle even with a fairly light load. And then I see people who overtake me build up speed easily, it's not like they are speedhacking, that would be blatantly obvious, but isn't it a matter of engine and transmission?

Maybe those who overtake you easily keep a higher speed while aproaching to you, so if you driving at 80km/h but they aproach at 100km/h, just pressing a bit throttle they will be at 120 pretty fast and easy overtake. Another really diferent situation is if you driving at 80km/h following another guy at 80km/h, you need several much more time to reach enough speed for full overtake.

My recomendation for overtaking, slow down a little bit for increase your distance with the truck in front and use your GPS map for to know when will be a straight road and start to acelerate with enough time. IMPORTANT to check your mirrors! hahaha. In all cases... i prefer to wait a little bit for to find a small going down part that help me to increase my speed.

PS: Using a steering wheel allow you to keep your lane so easy also in turns, helping a lot in overtakes.

Overtaking speed is 150 for me (probably beacuse I'm russian) but then ppl are driving in your line (on purpose) and then they cry that they reported you made a video beacuse they cant open there eyes. and I suggest you to use a Volvo beacuse Scancia is not that good.

If you want to overtake easier, you need to have speed coming up behind the person when you want to overtake. If they're doing 100 kmh, slow down until you're about 100-150 meters behind them, then accelerate. Remember, you can always brake if oncoming traffic appears.

Other people are so fast because they very often save edit their trailers to weigh less than what the rules allow, as it is possible to make the trailer weigh so little that it doesn't make a difference to the speed.

The 6 speed gearboxes are very, very quick for trucks with any amount of power. (Which is why they're no fun! They are too easy to drive with.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 7:49 PM, ExDe707 said:

And then I see people who overtake me build up speed easily, it's not like they are speedhacking, that would be blatantly obvious, but isn't it a matter of engine and transmission?

It is possible that they're using a trailer with less than 0 tons. Surely it depends on the engine and transmission but the weight also matters a lot. Try 750HP + 4x2 + 6 Gears +1 Ton trailer and it'll be much easier to overtake.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

hello ^_^

important is your gps ,  your engine and trailer . you must follow gps carefully .  and you must check him that you overtake who . you can understand it his driving style . . because some people speeding up intentionally when you overtake . overtaking is easy with 1 ton trailer and powerful engine . but choosing player is hard.

If you want to overtake (Especially in C-D area) keep these simple rules in mind:

- Get a 6 speed gearbox .

- Get the most powerful engine.

- Get cargos 11 tons or lower. (Better not to overtake with heavier cargos cause they get unstable in high speeds and they make you slower)

- Use 4x2 chassis.

- (Optional) Drive manual for better rpm usage. (Helpful especially on uphill)

- Best truck to overtake is Scania R730 because it has the best acceleration in-game.

Always remember before overtaking: 

- Don't overtake if there is no free space in the side of the road (Of the wrong direction) (So you can go there in case of incoming traffic)

- Check the map for incoming traffic

- Check left mirror for people already overtaking

How to overtake:

- Reach the back of the truck you're about to overtake (unless he's lagging), make sure you have plenty of speed, enter the wrong direction and overtake in less than 10 seconds. If you exceed that time limit, it basically means you're not overtaking properly.

Why 10 seconds (or less) ?

- Considering the map is clear, in most cases an overtake in less than 10 seconds can be executed safely even if a truck is approaching in the middle of the overtake.

Also keep in mind:

- Not to overtake if you have similar speeds. (If you're 10 km/h faster don't overtake cause you'll exceed the 10 seconds window)

- Even if you uphold these rules, you still might crash. :)

I've been using these rules on the game the last year and i've been banned only once for reckless driving. I rarely cause accidents and driving is still fun even with the speed limit.

@Random_Truck_Driver Couple of other things to remember (especially on the C-D road):

- There's a high chance that while you're overtaking, someone will be oncoming at 150 Km/h. It makes the traffic map in your GPS almost useless.

- If the server has more than 3000 players connected, there's a high chance that you will be reported for overtaking on that road, even if you avoid a crash. And banned.

I've been using the MP and road rules on the game for almost 4 years and I've never been banned. And I've had lots of people reported and banned for reckless driving.

@DavinaETS

if you are doing 50 mph, and they are doing 50 mph, they wouldn't be gaining on your due to the simple fact you are both traveling at the exact same speed. if they wanted to pass you (overtake, they would have to speed up t0 60+ mph. and if they are going 60+ mph, while you are still only going 50 mph, they will have plenty of speed to get around you.

as to your question, if a bear and a wolf were to fight who would win. there is 3 possible outcomes to that, outcome 1. the bear due to his size and weight. 2 the wolf, due to him having his pack. but the most likely to happen answer would be 3. neither, due to the wolf and bear avoiding each other.

8 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Random_Truck_Driver Couple of other things to remember (especially on the C-D road):

- There's a high chance that while you're overtaking, someone will be oncoming at 150 Km/h. It makes the traffic map in your GPS almost useless.

- If the server has more than 3000 players connected, there's a high chance that you will be reported for overtaking on that road, even if you avoid a crash. And banned.

I've been using the MP and road rules on the game for almost 4 years and I've never been banned. And I've had lots of people reported and banned for reckless driving.

I've been overtaking on this road for more than a year, if you can read the traffic map properly you never crash. You either have time to overtake or you have time to brake and merge back. In rare occasions you can stop safely in the grass near you. I dare say that all overtaking crashes happen because people go for multiple overtakes or because they try to overtake other trucks while they don't have sufficient speed or (my personal favourite) because they are "not cautious" (they just don't give a s***) and don't check the map before overtaking.

And like i said in my other post recording is useless. You simply waste your time. No matter how many reports you submit, buying the base game is too cheap and trolls will always come back

Archived