My MP and SP keep "crashing" but not really, cuz it freezes and then my loading screen appears

Gikster007

Question

13 answers to this question

Do you think you could be more descriptive on what is going on? 

There is this thing that the game does to catch up with the multiplayer server times. But this fatal crash. I would like to know more on the events you did in-game before the crash happened. 

Hello, it might be because you have mods installed on MP? Only a few work, so I would disable all mods, if you have recently played on single player with mods it is very easy to forget to disable them before playing on Multiplayer, I had an issue similar to this before and it is best to just play vanilla, if you want you could also make different saves or different accounts for multiplayer and single player. Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, moosebiscuits54321 said:

Hello, it might be because you have mods installed on MP? Only a few work, so I would disable all mods, if you have recently played on single player with mods it is very easy to forget to disable them before playing on Multiplayer, I had an issue similar to this before and it is best to just play vanilla, if you want you could also make different saves or different accounts for multiplayer and single player. Hope this helps!

i do not have any mods and haven't used any ever! 

43 minutes ago, NickThe0ne said:

Hello @Gikster007,

This might be a solution to your issue. 

Hope this helps

Kind Regards, 

NickThe0ne

I tried that guide also, but thanks!

2 hours ago, RainbowBlazie [Canadian] said:

Do you think you could be more descriptive on what is going on? 

There is this thing that the game does to catch up with the multiplayer server times. But this fatal crash. I would like to know more on the events you did in-game before the crash happened. 

I am going to send you a video, but not now cuz its bedtime for me unfortunately. but tommorow sounds good for me! i just cant explain that my problem!

hello

If your game is freezing when you try to teleport you should wait from 5 minutes up to 30 minutes this happens only once, after you teleport the next time you will load instantly.

Disabling Cabin Accesories and Flags may also help for low end PCs. Using the 2 outside flags on your vehicle can drop you 30 frames and if you use the small flags in the cabin can drop you up to 50 frames!!!

Owning DLC's might help a bit with low FPS aswell in crowded areas since the game instantly loads the original skin and doesn't replace it with a random color.

Installing the game into a SSD helps with game loading and auto-save freeze.

Always install the latest GPU drivers. Before you install the new drivers remove the old ones with Display Driver Unistaller (DDU). If you are on a desktop download the drivers from AMD or Nvidia. If you are using a laptop you should download the drivers from the manufacturer! 

Keep trucks and drivers to the minimum, the more drivers and trucks you have the more lag will cause you when the game auto-saves or when you teleport. It also helps saving quicker when you use PrtScn (quick save).

A max amount of 15 drivers in 3 garages is recommended. Other garages can be bought but do not assign any AI drivers to them.

Changing your save format for the purposes of save editing will cause auto-save lag issues on large profiles and slower systems. To remedy this, changing the `g_save_format` value to the default of 0 will drastically reduce your profile's auto-save time. Though with the default save format, you cannot make modifications to your save file, such as adding customs jobs using Virtual Speditor.

Always but always make sure you run the game on DirectX and not OpenCL. Running the game on OpenCL will cut your FPS to half or even cause you game crash. If you are not sure if you run MP in DirectX run the game once in SP by Choosing "Launch ETS2 DirectX (64-bit)". 

also you can read this topic may help you

Best Regards

Soul Knight:)

Hello :)

Follow these guides: 

Solution 1:

Step 1. Right click your 'Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer' / 'American Truck Simulators Multiplayer' .exe file, whether it be the shortcut on the desktop or actual file and then click properties.

Step 2.

If you right clicked it's shortcut, make sure you clicked the shortcut tab.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you clicked the .exe file, make sure you are on the general tab.

You should see a section say: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe"   ) OR it's custom install path. (Minus the brackets)

What you need to do is on the end of it, add: (   -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP   ) 

It should look something like: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe" -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP ) If you understand what the -homedir fuction does, feel welcome to change it, if you are worried or don't know what to do, just leave it as it is

Solution 2:

> Go to Steam Library

> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2

> Properties

> Local Files

> Verify Integrity of Game Files

Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

Solution 3:

1. Right click ETS 2 in steam

2. Select 'Launch with OpenGL'

3. Let the game run and try going into game.

4. Exit the game and go back to steam, right click ETS 2 again but this time select 'Launch with DirectX (64-Bit)

5. Again go into game and then exit.

6. Start TruckersMP up and see if the game stops crashing

Solution 4:

1.      Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard

2.      Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)

3.      Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.

4.      Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"

5.      Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/

Also read these topics:

Hello, Bonjour,

It is great to see another new member on the forums! Welcome to you! I hope you enjoy yourself.

Regarding your problem, I would like to kindly remind you that when a problem also occurs in Single Player, it is a SCS Software problem and not TruckersMP. However, since myself and the community tend to be quite generous, many replies have been given above and we are hoping that your problem will be solved in no time. For us to help you further, we first need to know if your problem has been solved or not. Please do inform us regarding this matter and we will help you from there or I will move this topic to solved depending if your problem has been solved or not.

Thank you for taking your time to post on our forums. Lastly, make sure your graphics are not too high! Your PC may not be able to cope with it.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding TruckersMP, I would like to remind not only you but the entire community that I can be reached over the Private Message function of the TruckersMP Forums (your on it right now).

Please let us know if your problem has been solved!

Kindest Regards,

Hello @Gikster007

This topic has been inactive for over 3 days and because of the inactivity, this topic will be moved to the Inactive topics section. If you still need help, feel free to DM me or someone else from the support team. If you want, you can also submit a support ticket here: https://truckersmp.com/support

Thank you for your help and participation. Have a great day! 

//locked and moved to inactive topic

Sincerely, El_Bras!leño
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           TruckersMP 

Portuguese - English - German