Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

PC question

_dekson_

Hi there people!

I started upgrading my laptop, I upgraded a new hard disc and 4gb ram, now I need to upgrade my processor and graphics and I am full, so my question is which one should I 1st upgrade, processor or graphics? Since I am not an computer expert, I am leaving this up to you.

Graphic card is: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics.

Processor is: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.30GHz

In most laptops, you cannot replace graphics card or processor, what is your laptop model ? Based on your components I think it's old, so I would rather suggest you to buy second hand laptop or new one... But you can get some really cheap Alienware 15 R2's or R3 if you know where to look... I have one also, and It's awesome (R2) :D 60 fps+ on highest graphics settings...

Alis*

The best job is one you can play The Witcher 3 in - click

Hai,

I have moved your topic to the "Tech talk" section as this fits better here.

Disclaimer: TruckersMP is not responsible for any wrong information or solution provided in this section as they are the opinion and experience of the user posting them.

If you have any further questions or inquiries, feel free to drop me a Private Message.

//Topic moved to Tech talk.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

Your graphics are built into your CPU (because it is an APU) which is soldered onto the board. So it cannot be replaced without lots of experience soldering and desoldering chips, which by that point it still wouldn't be guarunteed to work, and it would cost less to buy a new laptop in most cases. (I'd say 87% chance its not worth it).

And you would need to remember, the amount of CPU's that could possibly soldered into that specific socket, AND be supported by the BIOS would be EXTREMELY minimal. (Most likely 4 or 5 different CPU/APU's that would work.)

I know alot of older laptops were upgradable, especially Lenovo laptops, but not any more.

Still technically answering your question (despite it being unusable in this case), it is entirely dependent on what you play. (For example, TruckersMP is very GPU intensive, while BeamNG.Drive is very CPU intensive.)

22 hours ago, S p a r k i e said:

Your graphics are built into your CPU (because it is an APU) which is soldered onto the board. So it cannot be replaced without lots of experience soldering and desoldering chips, which by that point it still wouldn't be guarunteed to work, and it would cost less to buy a new laptop in most cases. (I'd say 87% chance its not worth it).

And you would need to remember, the amount of CPU's that could possibly soldered into that specific socket, AND be supported by the BIOS would be EXTREMELY minimal. (Most likely 4 or 5 different CPU/APU's that would work.)

I know alot of older laptops were upgradable, especially Lenovo laptops, but not any more.

Still technically answering your question (despite it being unusable in this case), it is entirely dependent on what you play. (For example, TruckersMP is very GPU intensive, while BeamNG.Drive is very CPU intensive.)

Okay, thanks for the help man, I will ask in some PC stores how much it costs to upgrade my gpu and cpu, I will tell you here the final result!

Hello @Cvelee313  as others stated in there comment  in most laptops you cant upgrade cpu or video card because  those parts usually built in motherboard your best option to get new high  spec machine  hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 3:30 PM, Cvelee313 said:

Okay, thanks for the help man, I will ask in some PC stores how much it costs to upgrade my gpu and cpu, I will tell you here the final result!

To be honest, you should get an desktop PC. It's cheaper and much more stable instead of a notebook (especially for gaming related content). Well if you want some good suggestions for laptops / desktop pc's then just write me a pm. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived