Why does almost everyone speed hack but nothing is done about it?

dragonslayingmaster1000

I notice people that are pulling off the side of the road and they get up to speed so fast or someone with a trailer getting up to speed faster than someone without a trailer there's no other explanation for it. I see this very often and even with a 730, 750 hp engine it still is impossible to accelerate that fast.

Speed Hacking is against the rules of TMP:

§2.1 - Hacking/Bug abusing - PERMANENT BAN

Using any kind of tool to change gameplay, including but not limited to using the in-game console, trainers or cheat engine in order to bypass the speeding limiter, to jump hack, no collision hack or anything similar.

Users hacking should be recorded and uploaded to https://truckersmp.com/reports where an moderator will deal with the user, as speed hacking is not allowed, therefore I don't suggest to anyone to do it :)

SuperMouse

Just now, [VIVA] Kehox said:

with a Freight Market job you can reach 140-150 ... with external contract it limited to 90 KM/H ...

Not talking about top speed, or course you can get up to that fast eventually but it takes about 20 seconds to get to 90 for me but others are just speed hacking or something.

'almost everyone' is overstating the problem massively.

I'd say that I see around one hacker for every 300 people on Calais - Duisburg road - That's hardly a majority and hence the term 'almost everyone' is invalid.

If it's that much of an issue for you, you're able to report using the link already posted by @SuperMouse.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

We are definitely doing everything we can to prevent hackers from joining the server(s). But as you'd reckon, we cannot be online 24/7 on a server, so if you see someone hacking, just make a report and it'll be reviewed.

So please be careful with your words next time, as "but nothing is done about it?" is untrue.

I don't feel like this is something about "they aren't doing anything." There are daily about +1000 people playing on the online servers. You can only get a certain number of moderators online and even those will only catch a small part.

It's rather important to report them. That saves a lot of time for everyone + your report is actually gonna mean something. Not reporting will mean the hacker will just keep on using it against other people. See, you have also done something for your fellow truckers now ;)

Personally I haven't seen that many people speed hacking. But still if you see someone doing it, I would just record them and file a report as the TMP team are very efficient with dealing with reports. And they can't be everywhere and see everything at all times. 

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

On 9/16/2018 at 1:39 PM, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

I notice people that are pulling off the side of the road and they get up to speed so fast or someone with a trailer getting up to speed faster than someone without a trailer there's no other explanation for it. I see this very often and even with a 730, 750 hp engine it still is impossible to accelerate that fast.

maybe is the new Telsa truck?

On 9/16/2018 at 6:39 PM, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

I notice people that are pulling off the side of the road and they get up to speed so fast or someone with a trailer getting up to speed faster than someone without a trailer there's no other explanation for it.

Sure there is. Those who are faster than you with a trailer are probably using - cargo_mass so it doesn't really matter if they have a trailer or not. It also depends on the configuration of the whole truck.

I can only think of 3 reasons.

• Speedhack
  • - cargo_mass as said above
  • Engine with more than 750HP

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

17 hours ago, weezy said:

Sure there is. Those who are faster than you with a trailer are probably using - cargo_mass so it doesn't really matter if they have a trailer or not. It also depends on the configuration of the whole truck.

I can only think of 3 reasons.

• Speedhack
  • - cargo_mass as said above
  •  Engine with more than 750HP

Maybe hacking is out of the question then because I didn't know you can change trailer weight and also 750 hp is the max engine you can get not more.

Well, if they catch somebody with speedhack, he will get banned. But speedhacking alone is very difficult to decide wether it is or not. Speedhacking is more difficult than ramming or sth like that, because a ram you can observe directly, a speedhack is more like a feeling.  There also could be that you have a bad synchro, which might cause some lags on your side, which makes you acclerate slower than other people. 

The only speedhack that is easy to spot is if sb overtakes you with more than 180km/h, while yourself are already drive above 120km/h. 

I think the Moderators do the best they can for this. 

Also i dont think speedhacking alone is the worst thing that happens, but most of the time speedhackers are also rammers or sth. So this is essential a shortcut to ban those bad people right forever, if you can prove a speedhack.

Archived