Realistic accident

Hey [BG]*BURAK*[GNC]

Of course it would be more realistic. But I think this is very hard to implement. The glass is not breaking directly in the middle at every accident. Maybe sometimes if the accident was "soft" there'll not be a broken windshield. They have to look how the accident "hapened". This is nearly not possible. If you want to make a suggestion for something like this(If you mean only MP) you can click on this link. If you mean also in SP I don't know what you can do. Maybe anyone here can help you then:) Sry :DI hope I helped you!

LG Sebastian

Yeah, it would be more realistic than now.

But.. I think there are lots of things to make ETS2 much more realistic on top of that. 

e.g. What about some fire situations from the cars or trucks collided with each other?

Your idea could make our ETS2 more realistic than now, but your idea itself is unrealistic. (No offence)

And maybe.. SCS wouldn't want to add the word, "Endless", on their "To Do" list. :troll:

Hello,

First of all, thank you for sharing your ideas here to start a new discussion on our forums. However, since your topic about more realistic accidents is related to both games (American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2), I am moving your topic to the Community forum -  'General Discussion' as the 'Euro Truck Simulator 2 Discussions' section is not the correct place for this. The ETS2 Discussions section is for topics that are related to ETS2 and ETS2MP. Thank you for your understanding.:)

If you have any further questions or comments, don't be afraid to contact me.

// Moved to General Discussion.

UsDxWIH.png

It would be a lot better if that happened. But there is a lot of things to consider if they wanted to implement this one day. 

1- Im not sure if this is true, If they made the trucks break after an accident then they would have to make the trucks break exactly how they would in real life I guess ;) They don't wan't to make the trucks seem less safe then the actually are. 

2- Way to much hard work! 

I don't think we'll be seeing this any time soon! :) 

Regards-

Naterized! 

They simply can't do that with legal real licensed trucks, believe it or not, none of the big truck companies (Volvo, Scania, Man, DAF, Renault, Mercedes) would allow their trucks to be broken in a virtual game, there's not a chance with regular truck companies to allow this. Its the same for every racing games, if there's real licensed cars in the game, they can't even have a small dent on them, even after a 200mph crash on the wall. But its not impossible to have great physics and crashed cars, take a look at the BeamNG drive game on youtube, they do an amazing job, but they all have fake brands of cars, so they have the right to do what they want with them.

76561198104067447.png

I'm not sure but no bad idea:thinking:

Sincerely, El_Bras!leño
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           TruckersMP 

Portuguese - English - German

I don´t think that the engine is designed to display damage on vehicles. On the other Hand the Licenses of Truck Manufacturer don´t allow damage on the trucks. Maybe its more realistic but not ETS2 is not designed for accidents. You can send your suggestion to SCS, but I think you will not succeed there either.

I wouldn't mind seeing accidents in MP on 1 of the servers, could have random accident scenes with line of traffic waiting. I understand it's a trolls playground but the bans are there for a reason, ban them and don't let them back on that server it's that simple. I think 1 of the servers should be made like this for more in depth simulator in MP.

One of the main reasons why a game such as ETS2 does not have realistic collision physics is because the truck companies themselves do not want people crashing there trucks. Even though it is a game, they fear it would give them a bad name since people are seeing how they would break.

Another reason for this is that it is extremely hard for a game developer(s) to make a game like this. You have to have soft body physics or multiple versions of one model.

Also, it really would not fit into the type of game that ETS2 is. Yes it is a simulator, but you are not suppose to go and crash into things. You're meant to drive, pickup and deliver goods.

Chief Technology Officer & Developer for Freightway.

Hey,

actually, realistic damage isn't that bad to be honest. But in the current TMP situation, it's a mess. Every player would have on Calais-Duisburg destroyed vehicles and parts would be laying on the entire road. If the people would be more realistic, and not instantly leave the accident scene and would make less accidents, then there could be a implemention of a admin who is making roadblocks and checking the situation, who caused that accident.

^ This idea could be on such a Convoy Event as surprise :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is not a bad idea but there are serious arguments against this:

1. Games like Beam.NG-Drive prove that soft-body physics are possible, but only in an otherwise empty game world. The single player alone would bring every good PC to its limits, as each AI car would have to be calculated individually. 

Multiplayer would be even worse because the PC must calculate more than 4000 vehicles in the worst case (Suppose the map is loaded in the server in one piece). 

Here, not even the debris and particles are taken into account, which arise in an accident.

2. Have you ever seen what happens when a truck hits another? This is what happen on CD-Road hundreds of times a Day. 

Apart from the whole head-on collisions, rollovers, etc... No affordable Hardware in the World could handle such amounts of Data.

3. Apart from that: Who clears away all the rubble? CD-Roadalone would look like a Battlefield after a couple of Minutes...

error.png

Archived