VR Revisited

Mudda Trucker

Ok so it has been a while since my last post on this topic, yet alas still no VR support, what a shame.

Read a few posts on the subject and would like to re-affirm the beauty of this tool/technology and the downsides to the lack of support for integrating the tool into Truckers MP.

VR quite simply enhances ETS2/ATS, provides the trucker with a real life perspective of driving a truck. albeit a virtual truck, this enhancement produces skilled drivers, not as some people may suggest worse drivers, if you could try it you would know exactly what the VR community here mean, the Rift has dropped so much in price but I appreciate for some it is still quite expensive for something you are unsure about.

A truly immersed experience giving you the insight to just how beautiful ETS2/ATS is.

looking at scenery with more time to appreciate it as if you where to be in your RL car/truck.

The pleasure you get just from actually putting your head out of the window and looking gown your trailer to park, the list goes on.

For me the downside, just 1, the exclusion of being able to truck with others, VR or standard truckers.

Community downsides, development time applied to VR, I appreciate you would like to see other things developed.

The community losing out on skilled truckers, myself I love playing in VR that much, I would not truck without it.

Yes the Oculus beta gets updated, but this is in line with SCS updates, does the Truckers MP mod also have to be updated? I assume so.

I have no idea of the technical challenges for the developers to integrate VR, but would love to see it, gets lonely here in SP 

Hello,

First of all, please always use our Suggestion Format when you're making a suggestion, it's required.

Remember to keep your post structured and easy to read and keep it to one suggestion pr. thread.

For example:

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

Secondly, we do not support any beta versions of ETS2 or ATS. Therefore we do not have any plans to support the VR version, unless it will become a full version instead of a beta.

Rejected.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.