310 hp iveco + 61 ton train on Calais Duisburg road challenge

dragonslayingmaster1000

If you think Calais-Duisburg road isn't challeging enough, I recommend you try this challenge, but keep in mind you do need heavy cargo pack obviously. I just attempted this and it's so frustrating sometimes with all the traffic causing problems. Another thing is it will take probably a minute or more to accelerate to 50-60 km/h (and probably won't get to 90 at all except downhill), so good luck with this challenge when you do it with lots of players on and you have to keep stopping for traffic jams.

Some tips if you try this:

• When starting from Duisburg side, try to get some decent speed like 40-50 km/h before you make the turn onto the road if possible (don't try to do it if someone is someone is coming toward you) so you can get up the hill more easily at the start of the road, but even if you can't get good speed you can still make it up the hill with differential lock.
  •  If someone is overtaking you, move as far right as possible so you're less at risk of being cut off and most importantly if there's oncoming traffic they can get on the right side of the road again safely.
  • Use your hazard lights to warn others that you are very slow.
  • Using manual transmission is probably best so you get the most revs out of each gear but automatic with high power mode is also good.
  • Do not use 6 gear transmission or else you will probably get stuck on the first hill starting on Duisburg side and on the Calais side you may get stuck on the on ramp hill so use 12 speed transmission.
  • It may take awhile to find the trailer but sleeping will refresh jobs and if you can't sleep keep going from garage to garage.

Good luck with this challenge if you decide to give it a try!

If you need to do this, then find at least 9 more players and do it together. This should reduce overtaking tries (They have to overtake 10 cars in a row, I doubt they have guts to do it).

Good morning everyone,

This challenge seems pretty cool but at the same time pretty dangerous too! You can easily get banned / warned if the person ahead of you breaks his truck to all the way 0 kmph, stopping him. whereas, your truck might take sometime to break or stop and you can hit someones trailers back with 60 ton trailer at your trucks back. 

However if you have a video proof of the scenario then you may not get banned but if not, this will probably happen once or twice during the journey. Because only thing we have to do is keep a good speed with such heavy load and that might lead us to make silly mistake on the road.

regards

People like this are annoyong on this road. By going really slow, someone who is significantly faster will want to overtake and they will get more and more agitated when they can't overtake. This in turn will probably cause a collision. Going 50 on this road with 60 ton trailer should be a cardinal sin.

1 hour ago, Dziada said:

People like this are annoyong on this road. By going really slow, someone who is significantly faster will want to overtake and they will get more and more agitated when they can't overtake. This in turn will probably cause a collision. Going 50 on this road with 60 ton trailer should be a cardinal sin.

That road has speed limits of 50-60-80 Km/h. Meaning that going at 25-30-40 Km/h on the corresponding stretches is 100% fine. Like always, those who like to go NFS style believe that those who follow the speed limits are the problem. Going 50-60 Km/h on this road should be the rule, the cardinal sin should be going at 100+ Km/h with any trailers. And like always, the real problem is those players who think that it's "cool" to drive on that road doing 100+ Km/h, overtaking anyone who goes slower.

ON-TOPIC: I'd only try this (and maybe I will) in SP or in EU#1 server. In the end, the challenge is the same and there's 100% higher chance to get it done without being rammed by several idiots who seem unable to drive slower than full speed. Believe it or not, the brainless bot drivers in SP are a lot more respectful than most of the EU#2 users.

@FernandoCR [ESP] I understand that, and know it's true, but I am not 1000s of people on the daily. They will go 100+. I also will. I will also overtake. If there are not 25+ people on tab or a truck going the other way. The people that overtake dangerously because of people driving this slowly are a very big issue on this road, if not the biggest.

17 hours ago, Miyuki said:

If you need to do this, then find at least 9 more players and do it together. This should reduce overtaking tries (They have to overtake 10 cars in a row, I doubt they have guts to do it).

It's not good if people can't overtake because you hold up alot of traffic. Might as well just let them do it because they can get by you really easily anyways.

1 hour ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Considering they accelerate like a milk float without a trailer, pretty much this...Excuse the profanity 

When you trying to piss them off make sure  they "pissed properly". Otherwise you will be the one get hurt.

Personally, I think it could be a great challenge for someone but, at the same time, it could also be a terrible challenge for another one than ever.

And.. actually,

imaging some terrible situations which could be occurred by someone's challenge made me chuckle, and now, I still can't stop chuckling to myself.

(( :troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:))

Lastly, thanks for your tips! 

I just hope that those things could be helpful for everyone who tries to do this incredible mission. <3

Archived