Bug while spawning with ghost mode

Grundii

Game: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Mod Version: 0.2.2.4.1 Alpha | Launcher 1.0.0.4
Controllers Used: Logitech G27, H-Shifter, TrackIR 5.4

Screenshots / Videos: https://streamable.com/es2uc

Description of Issue: I was spawning with quick load. If my game has been loaded sucessfully, two (2) other trucks crashed / blew up.

How to reproduce: I was standing about 50 meters before the spawning point you will see in the video. Because I had too much damage (result of prevous crash) I left to the menu & wanted to load quick save.

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

• 1 month later...

I remember sth similar happened to me from the exact opposite perspective:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m0cRVX26HZUMoA0HTVXP2SXh9pfngtuU/view

date 23.07.2018

its a bit hard to see, but number 2070 was involved into the accident in front when he respawn just at that point i was driving. (the truck with the liquid trailer)

It happens when your game takes too long to load and the ghost mode ends and you spawn without ghost mode and causes accidents. They need to change ghost mode so it only starts after the game has loaded completely or increase the timer on ghost mode. I do think it's partly the player's fault for not parking before logging off but there are people that load a save because they crashed really badly and flipped over and there's nothing they can do about that.

18 hours ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

It happens when your game takes too long to load and the ghost mode ends and you spawn without ghost mode and causes accidents. They need to change ghost mode so it only starts after the game has loaded completely or increase the timer on ghost mode. I do think it's partly the player's fault for not parking before logging off but there are people that load a save because they crashed really badly and flipped over and there's nothing they can do about that.

I also often had it, that my game just crashed randomly when I entered for example Calais (which didn't happen anymore since that save-editing kick system btw).

When I logged back in I was of course in the middle of the road with barriers to my left and right, so that there isn't even a possibility to just pull on the side.

~ MrJonton01

It happens because so many people go on that road and don't care about anyone else. But it's completely avoidable, only most players don't even try. Vehicle crashed, stuck, flipped on its side, no way to keep going: Load previous save and spawn who knows where instead of hitting F7 to be teleported to a safe zone. Game crashed, launch MP again ASAP and spawn who knows where instead of loading SP, driving to a safe area, stop, exit and then, go into MP knowing that you'll be out of the road when you spawn.

Problem is that most players don't even consider the possibility of being teleported back X distance by using F7 and even less "wasting" 2 minutes of their life playing safe by going into SP and driving away. So they'll just load the last savegame and hope that nothing bad will happen. Until it happens.

6 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It happens because so many people go on that road and don't care about anyone else. But it's completely avoidable, only most players don't even try. Vehicle crashed, stuck, flipped on its side, no way to keep going: Load previous save and spawn who knows where instead of hitting F7 to be teleported to a safe zone.

Exactly. I totally agree on your point: this happens due to players not caring about other players. I could understand if your game crashed, still, you should drive in a safe area in Singleplayer to avoid being a nuisance to other players. In other words, do not do something that you don't want to happen to you (in this case, spawning in the middle of the busiest road of the server)

Maybe the devs/comm management could increase the Ghost Mode timer on C-D?

WJmVjFt.png

On 11/4/2018 at 9:57 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It happens because so many people go on that road and don't care about anyone else. But it's completely avoidable, only most players don't even try. Vehicle crashed, stuck, flipped on its side, no way to keep going: Load previous save and spawn who knows where instead of hitting F7 to be teleported to a safe zone. Game crashed, launch MP again ASAP and spawn who knows where instead of loading SP, driving to a safe area, stop, exit and then, go into MP knowing that you'll be out of the road when you spawn.

Problem is that most players don't even consider the possibility of being teleported back X distance by using F7 and even less "wasting" 2 minutes of their life playing safe by going into SP and driving away. So they'll just load the last savegame and hope that nothing bad will happen. Until it happens.

There is a point to why ghost mode is in the game. I'm tired of turks smashing into me and doing F7 and having to restart my whole trip again. I can only play for a certain amount of time, doing F7 would mean I would never complete my trip. Because they removed the ability to have the no damage mod, this is the only way to do it. I have my (A) key mapped to autosave, so when I click (A) the game autosaves. I do this everytime I think someone is about to hit me, it works so well. A turk hits me, I spawn back 2 feet away and carry on while his crashed truck sits there and awaits the ban. It's not my fault the game has a bug where ghost mode isn't treated as ghost mode. And the people that overreact to seeing a spawning truck? Their fault, they know spawing trucks are in ghost mode so just drive through them like I do, and even if ghost mode didn't work well... I autosaved 2 seconds ago so no issue here! 

@SpoopyLooppy Thank you for proving me right. You are exactly what I was describing. "even if ghost mode didn't work well... I autosaved 2 seconds ago so no issue here!". But the truck that crashed into you when you were spawning may be destroyed and the player may not have a recent autosave or even worse, may be doing a WoT job where autosaves don't work at all. So, according to you, as long as you don't get damage, everything is fine. Like I said: "don't care about anyone else"

13 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@SpoopyLooppy Thank you for proving me right. You are exactly what I was describing. "even if ghost mode didn't work well... I autosaved 2 seconds ago so no issue here!". But the truck that crashed into you when you were spawning may be destroyed and the player may not have a recent autosave or even worse, may be doing a WoT job where autosaves don't work at all. So, according to you, as long as you don't get damage, everything is fine. Like I said: "don't care about anyone else"

Like i said not my fault they don't go through the ghost mode truck and start overreacting. If there was a no damage mod I wouldn't need to autosave. There is a line where I have to start caring about myself rather than others, sure you can feed all the homeless in the world but then you'll have no money and become homeless yourself. Sure I can care about someone else's truck but then what about me? I have to F7 and waste another 20 mins of my life for it to happen all over again. I'm tired of the horrible drivers on the road, C-D road is the hunger games. Sure you can help others but one way or another, only one person is coming out of it alive and that is gonna be me. I have over 6 pages of people banned on truckers mp website, all from C-D road. Anyways I only use the autosave when my truck is stuck, I don't carry goods on C-D so my only worry is being stuck, and I autosave so often that when I do so, people are still waiting on the accident that caused me to crash just a few cars up ahead, very rare that I will spawn with trucks speeding along.

• True Story 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.