Courtesy on the Road - Rules for Everyday

63e Zen

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/12/2018 at 3:13 PM, 63e Zen said:

Hey there!

I am an active driver on MP and would like to share some ideas to help decrease crashes and overall preventable damages.

Some tips that may help everyone if they put it into practice:

• When being passed, move to the right shoulder. This allows the passing driver more space to pass safely. I sometimes even slow down a bit to avoid getting clipped on the front end. When overtaking allow some space before merging back into the lane.

• High beams should be reduced when an oncoming car is in view, in either direction. Flashing high beams could be used to alert truckers of an oncoming speed trap.

• Drive slow in high traffic areas. It's not a racing game.

• Slow down at potentially dangerous intersections. Look both ways :)

• Put your car in Park or Neutral at Repair Stations. Reverse beeping can be quite annoying.

• If you see a truck coming onto a highway, move over to the far lane. Also works with a parked truck on the side of the road. Helps avoid collisions from merging traffic.

Added Suggestions:

• If someone lets you pass, thank them.

• Try to be patient in traffic. If you just wait in the line for the issue to clear up, you will move eventually. Being impatient and overtaking often leads to more issues.

• You need 130m to stop from 150km/h to 0km/h. Keep enough distance if the truck ahead of you crashed. Drive 2 seconds behind the vehicle in front during ideal conditions.

• If someone in front of you has a high ping or lag, just be calm and try to get some rest (give them space) rather than overtake/insult that player or shout "REC"

• Be respectful on CB. Try not to yell obscenities and don't spam your music. Don't hold "X with your music player on.

• Use your horn sparingly. Beep to say hi, or alert other drivers to hazardous situations. Excessive horns won't solve the problem and annoy other drivers.

Let me know what you think and share some of your ideas you think will help!

As much as I support you in this, many don't give a toss nor follow any of the rules. As a habit now, I keep to myself and only honk at offenders. And 150km/h? No-one has any business going that fast in trucks that big anyway.

"I swear, these people drive as if they're in the Indy 500 and that on happenstance; got their driving licenses out of a Cracker Jack box. What speeding and reckless children."

On 10/16/2018 at 9:25 AM, RichManSCTV said:

God I hate the trucks with like 800 lights on the front driving with full high beams on. its like those people IRL who drive with the LED bars on

Preach on brother. In the game, it's about courtesy. IRL, it creates a dangerous situation and is against the law. Nonetheless, I still hope they add glare to the high beams ingame to simulate real driving.

On 10/16/2018 at 10:47 AM, Silent Death_53 said:

Hello There!

useful topic!
Comply with the rules!

Thank you and I'm happy you found the post useful! Be sure to give it a thumbs up!

On 10/16/2018 at 11:15 PM, CrackerJackTrucker said:

As much as I support you in this, many don't give a toss nor follow any of the rules. As a habit now, I keep to myself and only honk at offenders. And 150km/h? No-one has any business going that fast in trucks that big anyway.

To each their own. Thanks for your post.

On 10/20/2018 at 5:25 PM, {IR.G}Mohammad.afz said:

Hello

The truckersmp rules are not updated every day.
These rules are updated with a major upgrade.

Like if my post was helpful.

Glad you find it helpful!

I have my own suggestion when it comes to this topic plus i would like to add onto a point in the topic.

The suggestion from me is;

When you are in a densely populated area and are trying to be pull out onto the road BE PATIENT you pulling straight out causes for jams and causes crashes, Vice Versa when someone is waiting to pull out in the traffic jam let them go a flash or honk will tell them that you are letting them go then move on. If Every player did this it would meen that city traffic would move more quickly.

Then the point i wish to add onto is

You need 130m to stop from 150km/h to 0km/h. Keep enough distance if the truck ahead of you crashed. Drive 2 seconds behind the vehicle in front during ideal conditions.

for those of you who dont know how to tell if you are 2 seconds behind someone heres how. Look at a Sign or something stationary on the side of the road. when the truck or car in front of you reach it and Count 2 seconds if you reach the marker before your to close after your fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 10:21 AM, AirSociety said:

I give respect and respect to everyone in the way

That's the best way to be imo.

On 10/24/2018 at 4:35 PM, RAM97 said:

I have my own suggestion when it comes to this topic plus i would like to add onto a point in the topic.

The suggestion from me is;

When you are in a densely populated area and are trying to be pull out onto the road BE PATIENT you pulling straight out causes for jams and causes crashes, Vice Versa when someone is waiting to pull out in the traffic jam let them go a flash or honk will tell them that you are letting them go then move on. If Every player did this it would meen that city traffic would move more quickly.

Then the point i wish to add onto is

You need 130m to stop from 150km/h to 0km/h. Keep enough distance if the truck ahead of you crashed. Drive 2 seconds behind the vehicle in front during ideal conditions.

for those of you who dont know how to tell if you are 2 seconds behind someone heres how. Look at a Sign or something stationary on the side of the road. when the truck or car in front of you reach it and Count 2 seconds if you reach the marker before your to close after your fine.

Great suggestion! Patience is a virtue!

On 10/24/2018 at 6:01 PM, CodyyIsMyName said:

I 100% agree with everything on the list lol

Glad you like it!

On 9/13/2018 at 12:17 AM, BL4CK$K1LL said:

most of drivers in MP are kids, who are just getting fun and don't play this game for serious, so that means that they don't care about rules and how they drive. They just enjoy their day until they go sleep and then go to school. 

Sadly they also don't even read the rules and surely not the forum. Anyway, @63e Zen thank you for writing it down, that's what I try to say to those people in MP.

Sincerely Flying Cat

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

On 11/9/2018 at 5:02 AM, [ST-I] Flying Cat said:

Sadly they also don't even read the rules and surely not the forum. Anyway, @63e Zen thank you for writing it down, that's what I try to say to those people in MP.

Sincerely Flying Cat

Hey Flying Cat,

Thank you for your kind words. I think we are all fully aware there are people who dont read rules and just hop on to have fun. There are others who purposefully try to ruin other peoples gaming experience. Either way, there are ways to protect yourself from accidents. One is going above and beyond to try to drive carefully and identify and prevent dangerous situations (which this thread highlights). Another is to record all your driving. I just read a thread warning of fraudulent claims where others will try to get you banned. Drive safely my friend.

On 11/9/2018 at 5:26 AM, MicroBinata_PH said:

Nice thread.

Thank you for sharing! :)

On 9/12/2018 at 6:13 PM, 63e Zen said:

Hey there!

I am an active driver on MP and would like to share some ideas to help decrease crashes and overall preventable damages.

Some tips that may help everyone if they put it into practice:

• Use your horn sparingly. Beep to say hi, or alert other drivers to hazardous situations. Excessive horns won't solve the problem and annoy other drivers.

Let me know what you think and share some of your ideas you think will help!

Noone do that this option they using the horn like toys and I'm really sick of it to listen that sound always.

21 minutes ago, TurkishCrew l Vurgun said:

I don't understand players who have too much unnecessary light in the game 

I meen A Lot off light isnt a bad thing its when they dont dip them when other players are comming it blinds you a bit. A lot of light is good when on back roads

9 minutes ago, [IMPERIAL] ALCRY08 said:

I think that, like in the real world, headlights in multiplayer should always be turned on.

How do you meen allways on??? My headlights are not allways on unless you meen Daytime running lights but i dont think these would be usefull.

4 minutes ago, RAM97 said:

How do you meen allways on??? My headlights are not allways on unless you meen Daytime running lights but i dont think these would be usefull.

In many countries, by law, the dipped beam must be lit at any time of the day while driving. Therefore, I say such an example.

but at the same time I try not to use the far light in order not to blind other players

On 11/11/2018 at 7:05 PM, 63e Zen said:

Hey Flying Cat,

Thank you for your kind words. I think we are all fully aware there are people who dont read rules and just hop on to have fun. There are others who purposefully try to ruin other peoples gaming experience. Either way, there are ways to protect yourself from accidents. One is going above and beyond to try to drive carefully and identify and prevent dangerous situations (which this thread highlights). Another is to record all your driving. I just read a thread warning of fraudulent claims where others will try to get you banned. Drive safely my friend.

Thank you for sharing! :)

Heyy. :) That's exactly what I recommend to everyone. Beeing careful, driving respectful, obeying rules and recording to protect yourself and others. Thank you for reacting to my post. ^_^

Sincerely Flying Cat

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

Archived