Courtesy on the Road - Rules for Everyday

63e Zen

Hey there!

I am an active driver on MP and would like to share some ideas to help decrease crashes and overall preventable damages.

Some tips that may help everyone if they put it into practice:

• When being passed, move to the right shoulder. This allows the passing driver more space to pass safely. I sometimes even slow down a bit to avoid getting clipped on the front end. When overtaking allow some space before merging back into the lane.

• High beams should be reduced when an oncoming car is in view, in either direction. Flashing high beams could be used to alert truckers of an oncoming speed trap.

• Drive slow in high traffic areas. It's not a racing game.

• Slow down at potentially dangerous intersections. Look both ways :)

• Put your car in Park or Neutral at Repair Stations. Reverse beeping can be quite annoying.

• If you see a truck coming onto a highway, move over to the far lane. Also works with a parked truck on the side of the road. Helps avoid collisions from merging traffic.

Added Suggestions:

• If someone lets you pass, thank them.

• Try to be patient in traffic. If you just wait in the line for the issue to clear up, you will move eventually. Being impatient and overtaking often leads to more issues.

• You need 130m to stop from 150km/h to 0km/h. Keep enough distance if the truck ahead of you crashed. Drive 2 seconds behind the vehicle in front during ideal conditions.

• If someone in front of you has a high ping or lag, just be calm and try to get some rest (give them space) rather than overtake/insult that player or shout "REC"

• Be respectful on CB. Try not to yell obscenities and don't spam your music. Don't hold "X with your music player on.

• Use your horn sparingly. Beep to say hi, or alert other drivers to hazardous situations. Excessive horns won't solve the problem and annoy other drivers.

Let me know what you think and share some of your ideas you think will help!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's good that you spent time to write that but you need to understand, most of drivers in MP are kids, who are just getting fun and don't play this game for serious, so that means that they don't care about rules and how they drive. They just enjoy their day until they go sleep and then go to school. 

31 minutes ago, BL4CK$K1LL said:

É bom que você tenha gasto tempo para escrever isso, mas você precisa entender, a maioria dos motoristas no MP são crianças, que estão apenas se divertindo e não jogam este jogo para sério, então isso significa que eles não se importam com regras e como eles dirigem. Eles apenas aproveitam o dia até dormirem e depois irem para a escola. 

This is a fact!

Really a Part of our Players are Kids and if you want to read the Rules

Languages:  English  2000px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png  | Portuguese  2000px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png  | Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg

Rules  ||  Report a Player  ||  Appeal your Ban  ||  Create a Support Ticket  ||  Let us know your Feedback

Member since 02th June 2016

Hello,

Thanks for the info. Be aware that there is not a speeding rule there for users will attend to driver fast even if they don't think of it as a racing game. All tho I appreciate the idea! 

43 minutes ago, 63e Zen said:

Stay happy and safe

44 minutes ago, desmills said:

This is all common sense...

I would agree with you if we are talking about knowledgeable drivers with licenses.

42 minutes ago, BL4CK$K1LL said:

It's good that you spent time to write that but you need to understand, most of drivers in MP are kids, who are just getting fun and don't play this game for serious, so that means that they don't care about rules and how they drive. They just enjoy their day until they go sleep and then go to school. 

You are absolutely correct. I am fully aware of this, which is why I posted. However, my convoy and I are extremely active on MP and recently nearly went bankrupt due to many preventable accidents. My friend had to restart from scratch due to this. I just wanted to see if I could plant a seed of courtesy and hopefully watch it grow instead of being comfortable with getting hit. I mean, I could just keep reporting them and getting them banned... 

13 minutes ago, [VIVA] Arctic Wolf said:

Hello,

Thanks for the info. Be aware that there is not a speeding rule there for users will attend to driver fast even if they don't think of it as a racing game. All tho I appreciate the idea! 

Of course there is no speeding rule, but tell that to this guy 

Again, I think you are missing the point of the post. I am fully aware there are kids who play just for fun. I play for fun as well. I just made some suggestions to maybe help decrease accidents and frustration in areas like highly congested roads, etc. 

2 minutes ago, [VIVA] Arctic Wolf said:

^ He wasn't speeding(maybe). He would only be banned  inappropriate overtaking & ramming as for what I can see. 

In fact he was indeed speeding. If you look at the speed limit and my speedometer, you will clearly see that. 

1 hour ago, 63e Zen said:

Hey there!

I am an active driver on MP and would like to share some ideas to help decrease crashes and overall preventable damages.

Some tips that may help everyone if they put it into practice:

• When being passed, move to the right shoulder. This allows the passing driver more space to pass safely.

• High beams should be reduced when an oncoming car is in view, in either direction.

• Put your car in Park or Neutral at Repair Stations. Reverse beeping can be quite annoying.

Let me know what you think and share some of your ideas you think will help!

You make some very good points. One I might add is not being impatient in traffic. If you just wait in the line for the issue to clear up, you will move eventually. Being impatient and overtaking often leads to more issues.

If only people would just think about this when they drive ;) 

7622072690.png

1 minute ago, [VIVA] Arctic Wolf said:

Ok, but he can't get banned for that soo.. I'm not worried about his speed.

Of course not. But due to his speeding, he caused a preventable accident and I'm sure the other wasn't happy about getting rammed. Again this is a thread for tips to help increase courtesy on the road :) ^ @Birdhouseman104 gets it!

This is exactly the topic I wish I could show half of the drivers in Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Maybe add that if someone lets you pass, thank them.

That there is one thing I can not get over, how can you be that selfish to just drive away when someone lets you pass.

Anyways thanks for this! Many users need it!

~ccowie
TruckersMP Support [FR/EN]

Need Extra?

1. Don't drive on C-D road if you want to deliver something. Even cats (which have 9 lives) can't survive.
  2. Expect all drivers are crazy unless he stays behind you for 1 minute without any special actions.
  3. No one has patient to wait for your car to be fixed. When you stopped for 5 seconds, they start honking at you.
  4. Always bring your car camera (Recording software)
  5. When I started recording, that means some of you might be banned
  6. Don't be scared when someone says "rec", "report", "banned". Most of them are only threatening.
  7. Overtake me with force gets a karma within 3 minutes (I proved this to at least 5 players in-game)
  8. Driving a RHD car? Your GPS is your radar + left side mirror + your lifeline.
  9. Truck with "VIP", "TR", "MAFIA" tag are dangerous
  10. Kids don't have brakes installed in their truck.
  11. Skodas are tough, never try to piss them off.
  12. Don't chat "admin". They can't hear you.
  13. You need 130m to stop from 150km/h to 0km/h. Keep enough distance if the truck ahead of you crashed.
  14. No one want to listen to your music. Don't hold "X with your music player on.
  15. Horns won't solve the problem. It will just make you and other people around you annoying.
  16. To protect your truck, pause the game when you stopped. You won't take any damage and become a wall. You can kill bad truckers trying to ram you.

I don't want to share things too academic but practical.

Thank you for sharing! :D

But.. I'm so sad because most people do not practice the tips you mentioned above, even though they have already known those things pretty well.

I just hope that it would be helpful for everyone, especially for troublemakers and new beginners.

Last but not least, I want to add mine,

"If someone in front of you has a high ping or lag, just be calm and try to get some rest rather than overtake/insult that player or shout "REC". B) 

I think it is good to post, but from the other side, A large base of the players are as called above are kids and are not even active on the forum. They think that drive a "cool" thing is with all the consequences they give.

Also the things from Miyuka are good, but by 9 i miss some tags :troll:

On 9/13/2018 at 1:23 AM, TFM DJ ccowie said:

Maybe add that if someone lets you pass, thank them.

That there is one thing I can not get over, how can you be that selfish to just drive away when someone lets you pass.

I'm just guessing you thank people who let you pass.

But why would that be needed?

If i would drive in real life on the highway i wouldn't thank every driver that let's me pass, so why would i do it in-game?

I'd just be spamming my blinkers non-stop

<--> | English / Dutch | <-->

< Need help with anything? >

< Someone broke the rules? >

< Got banned unfairly? >

3 hours ago, [VIVA] TimeTimes said:

If i would drive in real life on the highway i wouldn't thank every driver that let's me pass, so why would i do it in-game?

Great question. The answer is it's not needed. Actually, the whole list is not "needed". But I think it's a great way to show courtesy on the road and may help to prevent accidents.

7 hours ago, [VIVA] TimeTimes said:

In real life, you wave.

In-game, you honk or flash your lights.

Honestly, it's common sense.

22 minutes ago, TFM DJ ccowie said:

In real life, you wave.

In-game, you honk or flash your lights.

Honestly, it's common sense.

You wave at every single driver you pass on the highway?

< Got banned unfairly? >

Thb, I wouldn't expect everyone to say thank you every single time, but if you do, it falls in line with being courteous.

It's like if you honk at someone and they honk back. It promotes good community. If they don't, it's not the end of the world.

It's upto you really, some people think it's nothing great if you let them pass whilist some do. 

As a member of community and as per courtesy we should at least thank someone if they are allowing us to pass, irrespective whether they reply back or not.

Remember it's not a real life it's a game , we all want to have fun by staying in our limits, respect other drivers and by following rules,  that's what is expected from any individual or gamer or drivers' in server.

In real life you wouldn't be banned ,truth is you won't even get chance to /fix , I got your point of that comparison but better we take it as a game and do things which makes our self and others happy, in real life we don't get chance to even say sorry ,it's matter of someone's life.

So yes just be good with everyone, irrespective what they think of us. 

Just saying do what you feel is best, I always honk when I see people passing by other lane and they honk back,  In real life no one have Enough time to even wave at someone. Let's enjoy this, since real life trucking is more tough and otherwise than this

It is up to you.

I was only expressing how I feel when users don't thank you after you let them pass.

I said let them pass, not keep driving normally, so on the highway with multiple lanes, obviously you don't thank people. However, say on the Calais-Duisberg road where overtaking can be risky, you let someone pass so they can overtake safely.

Kindest Regards,

8 hours ago, TFM DJ ccowie said:

It is up to you.

I was only expressing how I feel when users don't thank you after you let them pass.

I said let them pass, not keep driving normally, so on the highway with multiple lanes, obviously you don't thank people. However, say on the Calais-Duisberg road where overtaking can be risky, you let someone pass so they can overtake safely.

Kindest Regards,

Ah, like that. I thought you meant like just on the highway

< Got banned unfairly? >

Archived