Traffic Light Change Time

Scania LTD l Top Bloke

Traffic lights could do with a tweek at some places, alowing the busiest road to have some extra time. But at the same time you don't want to wait over 2 minutes for a light to go green either. Tbh some places should have the lights removed or even some kind of road change to acomediate with the high amounts of traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

if you cross a red light with no one next to you or near you while entering a city i don`t see a problem aslong you do not on purpose cross a red light and crash into someone

cause that would just be reckless driving

to me if you bother no one when you just ignore a red light cause no one is near or arround you but i guess report hunters rather get you banned for every small minor damn traffic fine even tough you did not even endanger anyone

On 9/11/2018 at 4:33 AM, Top Bloke (AUS) said:

The thing I feel should change is the amount of time the lights are orange for. In Australia the lights go orange for a good 5-10 seconds before changing to red in ETS2 they seem to change 1-2 seconds after. This gives drivers very little to no time to react specially if they are already in the process of committing to going through them (for instance they are about 10 metres away from the junction approaching at 60km/hr its just a recipe for disaster specially if people are behind expecting you to commit to going through the junction. 

I'll tell you what I was taught when I became a bus driver:

When a traffic light has been on green for some time, the only likely outcome within the next few seconds is that it will change to red.

I was trained to anticipate this change, and I will always have my foot over the brake pedal ready for it; more often than not, I end up having to stop and I almost always do it in a smooth manner that has me stop before the line. There is nothing wrong with the way the traffic lights work in the game. If you anticipate the change properly, then you'll be fine. If you don't, or you commit too early, the only person at fault is yourself.

Likewise, if those people behind you end up rear-ending you, that's their fault because they too didn't anticipate the change, nor did they leave enough space infront of them to allow a safe stop.

I think the timing is perfectly fine as it is; just learn to anticipate it better.

On 9/20/2018 at 5:26 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I don't know if traffic lights changing time can be "customized" that way for MP, but we need to think that the vanilla game treats these lights for SP, where the player finds traffic almost always at junctions. It's true that some of the lights make no sense in MP, situations like this:

09.20.2018-05.10.12

Because in MP, no one would be coming from the roads closed by a barrier. In SP, the player will see those roads (or streets inside a city) as closed, but traffic will still be coming through them.

I usually stop at all red lights and if I see a green one changing to orange, I'll start slowing down immediately. The problem here is not the time that the lights remain green, red or orange, it's the players who don't give a **** about the rules and will be driving at 80 Km/h inside cities and running lights as if there weren't any. An orange light is meant to warn drivers that an immediate red is coming, so they need to be ready to stop. Sadly, most players (and many real life drivers) see orange lights as "OMG, pedal to the metal before it turns red". If people respected the speed limits and other road regulations, there would be no need for topics like this. Unfortunately (from what I've seen over almost 4 years), only a few players go for the simulation aspect of the game, while the rest seem to think that it's just a competition, I've read so many times things like "There are no worthy truck racing games, so TMP is the way to go..."

I see you are not considering those several places where that closed road its open for another driver due map mod expansion hehe (Scandinavia, Italy....)

4 hours ago, McGalcri said:

I see you are not considering those several places where that closed road its open for another driver due map mod expansion hehe (Scandinavia, Italy....)

TBH, I wasn't. I have all map expansions, all of them since the day of their release, so I've never found myself in that situation. Not that I'd care, like I said I stop at all red lights, but this thing with map expansions and the possibility that someone can actually be coming from an apparently closed road has to be considered by those who don't have all expansion DLC. Thank you for pointing it out :check:

in c-d netherlands belguim and busy citys ill stop for redlights so i don`t get into accidents but im often in a DLC map where i enter a city where its completely dead why should i stop for a red light when i endanger no one cause no one is even near me

if i exit a highway with speed and i see no one near me or behind me ill cross it once im in the city and its busy ill brake and stop for red as you can easy cause accidents if you ignore traffic lights

i do not see the point of reporting players driving tough red when they did not even cause any harm or did not cause a crash at all what is wrong with that yes its a simulator game but still even red lights in real are faster green at dead roads

First of all, finally, it is necessary to check the occasions. When we are in urgent delivery, even if it is against the rules, passing the red signal (as long as there are no players around) is valid. If you are a conscious driver, check that there are players close by, you need to stop at the traffic light. Just like any real traffic system, the game also has its rules. The traffic light works synchronously, and if you get problems it is probably above the speed allowed by the road. If you are within the established limit, you will certainly be able to advance through the orange light, or if you prefer, brake in the red legally, causing no accidents.

The real problem, unfortunately, is not the change of lights, but rather the education and patience of the drivers. If a light is about to change to red, be sure to use the brakes. If there is a possibility of crossing in orange, go. The main thing is to respect the traffic rules!

On 10/7/2018 at 5:43 PM, Leandro Santiago said:

First of all, finally, it is necessary to check the occasions. When we are in urgent delivery, even if it is against the rules, passing the red signal (as long as there are no players around) is valid. If you are a conscious driver, check that there are players close by, you need to stop at the traffic light. Just like any real traffic system, the game also has its rules. The traffic light works synchronously, and if you get problems it is probably above the speed allowed by the road. If you are within the established limit, you will certainly be able to advance through the orange light, or if you prefer, brake in the red legally, causing no accidents.

The real problem, unfortunately, is not the change of lights, but rather the education and patience of the drivers. If a light is about to change to red, be sure to use the brakes. If there is a possibility of crossing in orange, go. The main thing is to respect the traffic rules!

I agree with you in almost all hehe, but that part about "urgent delivery" for passing red light, I really doubt you will be in this situation taking in count the speed of time pass. Sometimes I started a delivery, saved game, exit and returned 40 mins later and I still have more than enough time for finish this delivery. In single player, would be possible, but really hard in multiplayer (time speed is diferent depending you are in single player, not happens in multiplayer)

Anyway... a REAL DRIVING SCHOOL say, treat ORANGE lights as RED lights. Easy hehe. 

There is something i real life, not happening here in traffic lights. When you drive in a road arriving to a junction with traffic lights, if you will turn right, for sure that traffic light will have ORANGE only for turning right, RED for going straight. This is because being in right lane for turning right, the unique traffic may afect you will be coming from in front with intentions of turning left (easy for to see), so you can just pass that RED light for turning right if nobody coming from in front. I think this is the unique situtation where we should pass a red light. THIS ALSO happens into the cities, for avoid to keep busy a lane in a red light if there is no danger for your right turn.

3 horas atrás, McGalcri disse:

Eu concordo com você em quase todos os hehe, mas a parte sobre "entrega urgente" para passar a luz vermelha, eu realmente duvido que você está com a virada na conta a velocidade do tempo passar. Às vezes eu comecei uma entrega, salvei o jogo, saí e retornei 40 minutos depois e ainda tenho tempo mais que suficiente para terminar essa entrega. Em primeiro lugar, seria possível, mas muito difícil no modo multiplayer (a velocidade era diferente em si mesmo, sem modo único, e não no modo multiplayer)

De qualquer forma ... uma ESCOLA DE CONDUÇÃO REAL, trate as luzes ORANGE como luzes VERMELHAS. Fácil hehe. 

Há algo na vida real, não acontecendo aqui nos semformos. Quando você dirige em uma estrada que chega a um entroncamento com semáforos, se você olha para a direita, com certeza que o semáforo vai para LARANJA apenas para virar a direita, VERMELHO para ir direto. Indisponível porque está na frente da faixa para virar a direita, o sinal pode ser visto com a intenção de virar a esquerda para a frente. de frente. Eu acho que esta é uma única situação sob o signo de um sinal vermelho. O mesmo não é feito em direção às ondas à direita.

When in doubt, always stop! :D 
I agree with you, it really is correct.
It is unfortunate that some have no respect and end up disturbing us.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, don't hesitate to PM me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived