Western Digital SSDs

Bird104

I am in the market for another drive for my PC for more games. I currently have a 120gb Kingston SSD as a boot drive and a 500 GB WD Blue HDD as a secondary drive. I've had pretty good luck with the WD drive and I know that they make some SSDs now. 

Has anyone used their SSDs and if so, how are they compared to any others you have used? At their price points, I also would like to know if it it worth spending more for say a Samsung or other brand because of reliability and speed. 

I have had pretty good luck with my more budget Kingston SSD and have always been impressed with performance. I wonder if I could get better performance from a drive such as a WD SSD.

7622072690.png

I have not used a WD SSD.

I currently have an M.2 from Samsung (for Windows and regular programs) and a standard 2.5 SSD (for most of my games) from Samsung as well. I also have experience with Corsair SSD's. Both of these brands I have had no issues with at all. The speeds have been what I expected of them and my Corsair SSD is still going strong and I picked that up back in 2012.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

I can not remember WD doing SSD. But my experience with Kingston is very good, Corsair is good too.

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

4 hours ago, RayRay5 said:

Which form factor?

m.2 or 2.5" or 3.5" ?

I could go for an M.2, but most likely I'm going to just go for a standard a 2.5" SSD.

20 hours ago, chipmunk197 said:

iv got a Samsung 500gb ssd and that dose pretty good i use it at my c drive with wd blue 2tb x2 hhds and a 4 tb wd personal cloud storage thats on my network 

Good to hear about the Corsair SSDs. I've seen them before and was wondering about them as well! :) 

7622072690.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived