Can Someone explain this?

Kewai99 [ITA]

Question

20 answers to this question

What was mentioned above (by @Husky_06) is one of the possibilities this can happen, if the player has a slow processing speed, the loading screen will take a while to disappear.

As soon, ghost mode disappear sooner.

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

20 minutes ago, DJFrontier said:

What was mentioned above (by @Husky_06) is one of the possibilities this can happen, if the player has a slow processing speed, the loading screen will take a while to disappear.

As soon, ghost mode disappear sooner.

Even if the player was still in the loading screen, the truck shouldn't pop up when ghost mode is already gone; as far as i know ghost most should start when the truck / car spawns into the map and not before that.

Seeing that truck appear -> being hit -> going to a ghosted state; that's not how ghost mode is supposed to work, right?

We need to take in mind that @Kewai99 [ITA] was able to pass through the truck afterwards, which would mean the truck is in ghost mode (thereby ghost mode can't have passed before the incident)

Seeing this would make me think that the ghost mode might have activated after the truck had already spawned in (possible if the server has a rough moment and at that moment can't keep up with the tasks it has to do).

This however is like any other post purely speculation.

Regards,
Toonager

• Upvote 2

Normally When someone loads game, he will be in ghost mode for some time. Truck will be visible and can pass through others for sometime. Let us say he had bad PC and by the time he loads game ghost mode will be gone. This can be the issue here. You are saying that it happened 3 times. So, it might be your ping issues too.  One car passed Just into you on the left if you see closely nothing happened there. It might be either ways. Cannot judge anything.

Hello,

It appears someone was on the "loading screen" when starting up TruckersMP and entering the game. While game is on loading screen "ghost mode"  is active. Sadly he did not load in game before ghost mode went inactive (if you know what I mean by that) 

I hope i helped you. Correct me if I'm worng. :)

Regards,

-Arctic Wolf 

Stay happy and safe

16 hours ago, [TPH] John said:

I find it rude on people using quick loads and spawning in the middle of the road. Such no consideration to the incoming traffic. :angry:

There should be a part of the mod that if you quick load or spawning on the road, you'll be transferred to the service or garage first to avoid this.

IMHO, to spawn a vehicle in the middle of the road in multiplayer is not only rude but an act of reckless driving (and with that a violation of the in-game rules), because the player willingly accepts the risk of causing and incident.

There have been discussions about this problem in the past which eventually resulted in the introduction of ghost mode.
However, as the above example clearly shows, ghost mode is not necessarily a safe way to enter multiplayer.

If a player is unsure about his vehicles last saved position and cannot rule out that his/ her login could cause an incident, the only safe way to enter multiplayer is to first load singleplayer and position the vehicle in a location that is safe for all players.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

IMHO, to spawn a vehicle in the middle of the road in multiplayer is not only rude but an act of reckless driving (and with that a violation of the in-game rules), because the player willingly accepts the risk of causing and incident.

There have been discussions about this problem in the past which eventually resulted in the introduction of ghost mode.
However, as the above example clearly shows, ghost mode is not necessarily a safe way to enter multiplayer.

If a player is unsure about his vehicles last saved position and cannot rule out that his/ her login could cause an incident, the only safe way to enter multiplayer is to first load singleplayer and position the vehicle in a location that is safe for all players.

According to the rules, spawning in the middle of the road doesn't violate "Reckless Driving".

MP has a responsibility to make sure the vehicle is spawned safely and that won't affect other traffic. Otherwise half of the users should have been banned before. Actually that's not all players' fault. Most of the time they were rammed by some trolls or NCZ while they have goods to deliver. But now both truck and cargo are damaged. They can't continue its journey and must have fix his truck and trailer. Sometimes they really wanted to drive on that road (maybe C-D or maybe Milano Mountain Pass) and they are now sent to a place quite far away from its original route. That will need extra time for them to drive from the start of the road or they have to abandon his original thought.

So what do they do? Keep quick saving while driving. So they can spawn as close as possible the accident site and keep their truck and trailer in a good condition and continue the trip. What a good feature! I think most of the players won't crash his truck if no other players are there. So their driving technique is OK. They have to quick load its save is because someone rammed them. So, I don't think that should count as players' fault spawning in the middle of the road.

Don't get me wrong. The first 15 times I saw a truck spawn right in front of me. I avoided them by driving on the side of the road. But now I get used to it and I just go through it. So I don't mind people suddenly spawn in front of me. As long as this bug doesn't apply to me, that's completely fine by me.

As I mentioned, MP should take extra care when they spawn a truck in the middle of the road. I think there is room for improvement. For instance, use fade-in method to spawn a truck (you have 20 seconds ghost mode right? So opacity increase 5% aka transparency decreases 5% every second). But his name above his truck still show at 100% all the time. When TMP "announces" someone is spawning here, you will first only see his name. Then his truck will slowly become visible. Then nobody gets shocked about his appearance. And the first few seconds, your visibility is not affected by his spawn and you'll all know he is in ghost mode you can get through him. Sounds like a good idea?

1 minute ago, Miyuki said:

According to the rules, spawning in the middle of the road doesn't violate "Reckless Driving".

I am well aware that spawning in the middle of the road is not a violation of the in-game rules. My post reflects my own opinion only.
And I think it should be added as reckless driving for the reasons stated before.

A quickload can also be performed in singleplayer.

MP has a responsibility to make sure the vehicle is spawned safely and that won't affect other traffic. Otherwise half of the users should have been banned before. Actually that's not all players' fault. Most of the time they were rammed by some trolls or NCZ while they have goods to deliver. But now both truck and cargo are damaged. They can't continue its journey and must have fix his truck and trailer. Sometimes they really wanted to drive on that road (maybe C-D or maybe Milano Mountain Pass) and they are now sent to a place quite far away from its original route. That will need extra time for them to drive from the start of the road or they have to abandon his original thought.

I have to disagree.
At this time, the TruckersMP team has no control over a players spawning position.
It is therefore solely the players responsibility to ensure a safe login. Also, the reason for a (re-)login does not release a player from this duty.

So what do they do? Keep quick saving while driving. So they can spawn as close as possible the accident site and keep their truck and trailer in a good condition and continue the trip. What a good feature! I think most of the players won't crash his truck if no other players are there. So their driving technique is OK. They have to quick load its save is because someone rammed them. So, I don't think that should count as players' fault spawning in the middle of the road.

Players are perfectly entitled to quicksave whenever and wherever they feel its necessary.
What I do not agree to is spawning in the middle of the road. What keeps a player from starting singleplayer first and position his/ her vehicle offside the road?
Spawning in the middle of the road is simply unnecessary, and possible incidents can be avoided.

As I mentioned, MP should take extra care when they spawn a truck in the middle of the road. I think there is room for improvement to prevent this. For instance, use fade-in method to spawn a truck (you have 20 seconds ghost mode so opacity increase 5% every second). But his name above his truck still show at 100% all the time. So nobody gets shocked about his appearance. And the first few seconds, your visibility is not affected by his spawn. Sound a great idea?

I agree that this particular system should be improved.
The fade-in method you mentioned has also been suggested before. It should be combined with a shown countdown so other players can see if they can safely pass the spawning vehicle in time.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, [falconites.com] RoadKing said:

Normally When someone loads game, he will be in ghost mode for some time. Truck will be visible and can pass through others for sometime. Let us say he had bad PC and by the time he loads game ghost mode will be gone. This can be the issue here. You are saying that it happened 3 times. So, it might be your ping issues too.  One car passed Just into you on the left if you see closely nothing happened there. It might be either ways. Cannot judge anything.

i have 9-10 ping in game (fiber)

Hey there!

3 days have passed since the last answer to this topic was created. The topic is  inactive, that's why I'll move it now. If you still need help, feel free to contact us via support.truckersmp.com or contact me to unlock your topic again.

Thanks for understanding and happy trucking!

Best regards,

NeonLeon

TruckersMP Support

//Locked and moved to Inactive due to inactivity