Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Save Game and messaging?

simrich77

Question

Hi, I am new to MP after 600+ hours on SP and despite the bad drivers i'm loving it.  One question and it might be stupid but here goes......  As I level up and can do long distance I find that I quite often cant do a 1000mile + job in one sitting.  In sp you can save and carry on where you left off.  In MP i assume I can't do this and will lose that delivery.  It's a shame that I might not ever be able to do long hauls because of this.

Also... How do i message other players?

Thank you for your help and happy trucking!!!

Trucker Si

spacer.png

6 answers to this question

Hello;

You can press the "Y" key to send a message in general to the game. But if you can send a message to a player in private, you need to type the command. "/PM ID" message "

Best Regards :)

You can save your game in MP while being on a delivery without losing your cargo. However, if you stay away for to long the load will be late, because in MP time continues when you are offline.

Also, you pm players by typing /pm [player id] [message]

• Thanks 1

<--> | English / Dutch | <-->

< Need help with anything? >

< Someone broke the rules? >

< Got banned unfairly? >

1 hour ago, simrich77 said:

Hi, I am new to MP after 600+ hours on SP and despite the bad drivers i'm loving it.  One question and it might be stupid but here goes......  As I level up and can do long distance I find that I quite often cant do a 1000mile + job in one sitting.  In sp you can save and carry on where you left off.  In MP i assume I can't do this and will lose that delivery.  It's a shame that I might not ever be able to do long hauls because of this.

Also... How do i message other players?

Thank you for your help and happy trucking!!!

Trucker Si

Unfortunately you cannot do a job over two sittings, or from multi-player to single-player and vis versa. The reason for this is because the server has its own time. When you get a trailer at lets say 18:00 in game. The servers till will continue to move forward, where as in single-player time stops when you leave. 

To chat in multi-player you can use the "Y" key on your keyboard, and use "X" for voice chat. If you want your message to be sent to a specific player you can use the command "/pm" in chat.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

Chief Technology Officer & Developer for Freightway.

Thanks, I see that your doubts have been resolved. I will be moving this topic to resolved. ^_^

//Closed and moved to resolved

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021