would you still play ets2 if tmp never existed?

TimeTimes

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still play single player as sometimes I don't want to hear people singing over the CB or ramming me with no reason.

I would still play single player if Multiplayer wasn't around, just wouldn't be as fun as I wouldn't be able to convoy with friends.

Scottywonderful

State Side Logistics: Founder/Owner | Youtuber, Streamer and Gamer :mlg_doge:

Well, to be honest, if TruckersMP didn't exist I would still be playing ETS2 single player, the reason being is that I am quite well accustomed to single player gameplay and secondly, there is a lot of map modifications as well as all sorts of vehicle mods that I could experiment with if the original game gets boring enough. 

For sure I would still play, but probably a lot less often than with TruckersMP, I enjoy peaceful driving with respectful drivers, its why I enjoy EU#1 server, there's not that many people in there, but we don't have to brace for impact when we encounter anyone cause 90-95% of trolls don't play on EU#1 cause they can't speed up like a racing demolition derby for trucks.

But I must admit TruckersMP is what started my Steam Library, with ETS2. I had a pirated copy of the game before and wanted to purchase it, then I learned TruckersMP was a thing and I wanted to join the fun, so I decided to get the game and Going East DLC, there was a sale at the time for both, and since that day, I have 91 games in my steam library while before that, I mostly used pirated copy of games, except for multiplayer games which required of course legit versions.

76561198104067447.png

Yes, though not as much. Single players has it benefits, but it would get tiresome and slightly boring to just be dealing with AI traffic the entire time. I'd definitely check out more mods and such for the game, as I rarely ever touch those so I do not mess anything up for joining TMP servers, but I would definitely miss the variety of issues (traffic jams, predictability, etc.) and traffic that real people controlling a truck can cause. Strangely, I find that more enjoyable then dealing with AI on rails.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

Archived