would you still play ets2 if tmp never existed?

TimeTimes

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If TruckersMP never existed and a multiplayer for ETS2 / ATS was never planned, would you still be playing the game today?

Probably not. I would just deliver one job and play another game as it gets boring with time.

Also moved to General Discussion as this Topic is related to both games.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

I would because the modding community is awesome and I love playing stuff like promods and using different trucks, graphics mods, etc. And best of all, the AI are way better drivers than real people in this game. 

Also just a thought, if truckersmp didn't exist SCS would probably create their own multiplayer.

i love sp :D i would love it because  

1- there no lag

2-  there no one out there can damage your load

3 your not stuck in 1+ hrs of traffic jam

and your the only trucker out there  and u can do what ever u feel like. even u get mods. where tmp when ever there something new and that everyone wants in game. well the answer is a big no :D 

overall tmp is to me to truck with friends or on me own :D 

76561198098873827.png

I played ETS2 a year before TMP was released, but I would probably only have about 100 hours now.

Also, the thousands of hours outside of the game that are TruckersMP related would never have happened. Since this community is basically a second job for some of the staff, including myself, it's a life changer.

I don't regret a second of it, though, as I have learned and experienced a lot, as cringey as that sounds.

I would most definitely still play ETS2, the community around SCS games has always been growing, ETS2 was a hit from the first few days, having a LOT of sales, I believe it was anywhere between 70k, and 200k sales before TruckersMP was released to the public, then of course, with fairly popular YouTubers then showcasing the game, and then showcasing truckersmp, with them giving both amazing reviews you can only imagine the amount of sales the day those videos went out. But there definitely would still be a lot of single player content if TruckersMP had never been released, maybe even some of the people that primarily play TruckersMP today, would have become modders today :P

Archived