Wrong Way Drivers = A PROBLEM

crazy8s

So I'm not really that new, just getting re acquainted with this game.  I can only manage about 1 or 2 trips of long haul per day.  How ever during the short time that I am actually online and on the server I am seeing some problems with people not knowing how to drive on a road properly.  Yes I get that some countries in the world a vast majority of them drive on the Left hand side of the road.  But in the states we know that's a no no unless there is a construction zone with a 2 lane highway with 1 lane being blocked.  I think I read someones suggestion a long time ago I'm not for say really suggesting this but something needs to be done.  It seems like some players just don't get that driving the wrong way can cause major problems for the wrong way driver and multiples of other players.  Its agrivating watching it happen and having to hear the back lash from other players over the game intercom.  Personally I've come to start thinking that wrong way drivers in the server are just TROLLS yes TROLLS.  Players who are just looking to cause problems.  How ever the one thing that could probably be done is that the Automated Server Admin the Admin bot on the server should some how need to be able to recognize a player that is driving the wrong way and be able to auto kick that player from the server with in 5 seconds.  I'm not really suggesting this at this time but rather trying to open up a discussion about this.  I know I'm not the only one here that thinks this is a very aggravating annoyance.

Hello, 

Some users forget to drive on the left side in UK. They might not even know that because there new to TMP (which probably doesn't mean anything) or they are from America and just didn't know. However, a server admin (bot) will not work. I believe that's  what the Game Moderator rank is for. :troll:

Stay happy and safe

The problem is that sometimes the mods can't always get there to that issue that quickly.   Or the player that goes to report the problem player doesn't exactly have enough evidence for the admin team to do anything about the problem player.

8 minutes ago, [VIVA] Arctic Wolf said:

Hello, 

Some users forget to drive on the left side in UK. They might not even know that because there new to TMP (which probably doesn't mean anything) or they are from America and just didn't know. However, a server admin (bot) will not work. I believe that's  what the Game Moderator rank is for. :troll:

I think the same way. 

You have to remember Game Moderators don't have eyes everywhere. They other things outside of TruckersMP pluse as a Game Moderator they have appeals and website reports. So most likely  your in game report will be declined. I recommend using the repor system on TruckersMP via websites. 

8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

The problem is that sometimes the mods can't always get there to that issue that quickly.   Or the player that goes to report the problem player doesn't exactly have enough evidence for the admin team to do anything about the problem player.

Stay happy and safe

• Web Developer

Wrong way drivers I mostly meet are the persons, who trying to overtake another driver. 

Yes, it is a problem. However, like Arctic Wolf previously said, it's impossible to review every single report. There are like 80-100 reports in the queue, thats why most reports are "timed out". 

But if you see something like this, you can record it and report the player on the website. All website reports gonna be reviewed.

To avoid accidents like this, I'd like to recommend you to not to go to most populated areas ( West & Middle Germany, Belgium, etc). 

Of course, you can still meet there Wrong Way drivers and other trolls, but the chances are minimal.

Kind Regards :) 

I'm not sure that the automatic system which must kick or teleport wrong way drivers will always work properly. I can give you at least one reason: for example, someone is overtaking other trucks on a road with only one lane in each direction (I'm not talking about C-D road where overtaking is forbidden) and it takes some time. In this situation the system will take some actions against the player although he/she didn't do anything which is against the rules. So automatic systems are not always so effective and correct as people are in most cases, and developing a complexed system which can find out correctly if a player is driving wrong way or not requires plenty of different resources (first of all, too much time and effort).

Hey there, @crazy8s

Before I start, I'd like to apologise on behalf of the team for your bad experience in-game with the wrong way drivers.

Wrong way drivers are certainly a problem within the game, but they are as rulebreakers in general.

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

How ever the one thing that could probably be done is that the Automated Server Admin the Admin bot on the server should some how need to be able to recognize a player that is driving the wrong way and be able to auto kick that player from the server with in 5 seconds.

Funny you should say this, as there's currently an open suggestion proposing an automatic kick for those driving the wrong way:

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

But in the states we know that's a no no

You've also got to remember too, there is nowhere in mainland North America that drives on the left and hence the confusion shouldn't exist.

Lastly, if it becomes that much of a problem, I'd recommend recording and reporting the users appropriately.

Guide: 

Best Regards,

Mirrland - TruckersMP Trial Support.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

I usually do record games, how ever ATS is one I usually don't record because I don't open OBS it can cause some issues while trying to do too many things at once.  That was the main reason that I didn't make this a suggestion post is because I had already figured someone had probably made a suggestion of it so I didn't want to really duplicate that.  I was kind of surprised my words and the suggested words from the other player were exactly identical.  Oh well what are the odds of that.  That was not the suggestion I remember reading quite a while back either.

Your points are very interesting. I understand what you mean by people driving the wrong way down the road, you see it quite often in the UK. The best thing to do is slow down, or stop, and let them pass. By tap your horn or say in chat whats wrong.

If they ignore you then they either don't speak your language or they are trolls. I would suggest reporting them on the TruckersMP website or try the in-game reporting system.

Also, adding onto your point about the BOT kicking them. That will be very hard to code. For highways it could work, but areas such as C-D road where you have to go around an accident. Or you are overtaking, it would not work. 

The best thing to do is let an moderator deal with the situation how they see fit.

Thanks!

Chief Technology Officer & Developer for Freightway.

Yep that's true! 

Many people coming from other countries in game forget to change the driving side. Not a biggie if no issue is caused and was a genuine mistake. However some do abuse this and do it on purpose. Just make sure you are doing everything right. Best advice is to allow a moderator to deal with this. They can decide on the consequence is any! :)

Regards-

Naterized! 

Hey,

in UK's border / EU-UK border is mostly the issue of wrong way driving. But I never report these people, I only notify them that this is a different country, so they need to drive on the other side. If they ignore you, you may report him but its just normally that people are a bit confused if they are in a total different driving system.

This can actually happen to anyone.

I did this mistake two or three days ago. I had to drive all the way from Hungary to UK and I got used to driving on the right side for a long time. Combined with the tiredness from the road, I totally drove for 2 minutes on the right side in UK until I saw a player in the distance driving towards me on the same side of the road. For 5 seconds or so, I was like “yo, check your side of the road, dummy!” but after that I realised that the imbecile was me! xD 

Then I instantly pulled over and thinked about my stupidity

If the one who saw me doing that reads this, then please forgive me.

Real eyes realise real lies.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived