Is American truck simulator multiplayer dead?

PacanasLT

So today, after a big break i decided to play ats mp, but i noticed that there are only 2 servers, 150 players on europe. After 15 minutes of driving i haven't seen any other truck. I decided to buy ats instead of ets 2, because i like these big cities, they look so realistic, compared to ets 2 cities in it are so small, you don't even feel them. So i want to ask you, will it be fixed? With free dlcs, new trucks and tuning you can fix this problem.

P.S. sorry for my english

There is nothing to really fix, it has been like this for quite a while actually. The most players you will see on at a one time is 400, and that is usually on the US server, and even 400 players is rare. School also just started again so the summer player traffic is gone. 

ETS 2 simply has more content than ATS, that will probably never change. 

Before I start, let's just get one thing clear:

5 minutes ago, PacanasLT said:

So i want to ask you, will it be fixed? With free dlcs, new trucks and tuning you can fix this problem.

TruckersMP cannot fix anything. Lack of playerbase in the game as a whole compared to ETS2 has nothing to do with TruckersMP at all.

Despite the latter mentioned, there are occasionally events hosted by the TruckersMP Event Team in American Truck Simulator. 

For information regarding them, feel free to follow TruckersMP's dedicated event section.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

As mentioned above, the American Truck Simulator is not and will never be "dead", the small amount of vehicles available, the small map, among other things is what makes the "ATS" much less popular than the " ETS ". ^_^

Note:

SCS is also working on map expansion at American Truck.
The TruckersMP team makes ATS events and helps a lot with the popularity of the game. :wub:

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

Even though I have ATS, I'm always playing ETS2. My friends were not interested in it even though they have it too.

The community might not like it for now but it takes time until more content comes to ATS.

AI will probably solve empty roads so even there are no players yet to interact with, at least there's an AI accompanying you. :troll:

On 9/7/2018 at 5:51 PM, MrSirViking said:

Yeah as the others say its cause ETS2 has a lot more content atm. But i think its a shame. I really like ATS. Its a great game! But it just lacks content. With more states and trucks i think ATS will come around :)

This is definitely a major killer of ATSMP in my opinion. I much enjoy playing ATS with mods (like trucks, trailers, etc) over stock ATS with no mods, pretty much no traffic (except for the occasional player). I don't think the MP for ATS is actually dead because there are still people enjoying it and it is still well supported by the MP developers. I believe with lots of new content that MP will be back to what it once was when it launched ;)

7622072690.png

On 9/7/2018 at 3:19 PM, [TPH] John said:

Even though I have ATS, I'm always playing ETS2. My friends were not interested in it even though they have it too.

The community might not like it for now but it takes time until more content comes to ATS.

AI will probably solve empty roads so even there are no players yet to interact with, at least there's an AI accompanying you. :troll:

AI should definitely be added because of how empty the servers are and only reaching a peak of about 200-300. I have ATS and occasionally play singleplayer with mods but last time I played MP was during the big sur event. I play ETS2 a lot more too.

On 9/7/2018 at 2:38 PM, Trucking Gekco said:

There is nothing to really fix, it has been like this for quite a while actually. The most players you will see on at a one time is 400, and that is usually on the US server, and even 400 players is rare. School also just started again so the summer player traffic is gone. 

ETS 2 simply has more content than ATS, that will probably never change. 

Yes, I agree with what TruckingGekco has said as well. 

On 9/7/2018 at 3:19 PM, [TPH] John said:

Same with me. Most friends prefer ETS2 due to maps and content. I love ATS and look forward to more content coming out.

• 2 weeks later...

@[VIVA] Arctic Wolf

ATS, isn't dead

you preferring ETS, cant say anything about that

-bigger map, more countries, vs states is right, dlc wise, ETS has 1 more map expansion then ATS does.

more truck licenses is accurate, however it is harder for SCS to get truck licenses here in the states due to previous game titles.

another thing I have seen as to why ATS isn't doing as well as ETS. long straight roads. that is mostly accurate to the US highway network, is the current states mostly desert, yes for Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, and a small part of California, however the northern part of California, and north western part of Nevada are green states. we will get some more desert when we get Oregon, but for the most part it will be a green state.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your opinions!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, feel free to contact me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived