I've been trying to optimize my truck for heavy hauling....

crazy8s

So I've been trying to optimize my truck for heavy hauling but everything I select seems to tell me that I'm not selecting the right engine or the right transmission with the differentials.  There are things about this game that I love to hate when it comes time to working things out for the truck to make it a heavy hauler.  It can be well daunting and frustrating.  So the way I have the truck set up right now currently is this

Series 389

Chassis 6x4 yes 2 powered axles

Cabin:  Low Roof Sleeper

Steering:  Left Hand

Engine Power 430 hp (321kW0

Engine Torque 1550 lb-ft (2102/Nm) / 900 rmp

Gearbox Eaton FM-15E310B-LAS R

Fuel Tank 300 Gallons.

So I'm not sure if there is something I am missing here.  How ever its not saying my truck is built for heavy hauling yet my bars are up there.  I pretty much have all the engines unlocked and all of the transmissions unlocked.  So this has been some what boggling my mind.  I'm going to have to do some long runs and grind some credits if I have to upgrade or downgrade again.  But are there anymore engines and or transmissions that are unlocked at a higher level in game or am I just completely missing something at this point.  When games start to annoy you it's annoying.   Thanks ahead of time.

hello

this is ok,you can just ignore this hint.

it doen't matter if you use any truck for heavy hauling,whatever the engines or transmissions is,this is your personal preference.

30 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I'm not sure if there is something I am missing here. 

you are not missing anything

just enjoy driving and the scenery along the way

Best Regards

Soul Knight:)

Hey crazy8s,

For heavy trailers, such as the ones that come with the Heavy Cargo DLC I highly recommend the highest engine (for example the 730 that comes with the Scania) and I would also suggest a 12+2 gearbox. The reason for the 12+2 is so that you can move away from stopping much more easily. The "+2" part are two crawler gears. These are used for going up slopes etc. If you need further help let me know and I will get back to you! :)

Chief Technology Officer & Developer for Freightway.

8 minutes ago, Velcta The Wolf said:

Hey crazy8s,

For heavy trailers, such as the ones that come with the Heavy Cargo DLC I highly recommend the highest engine (for example the 730 that comes with the Scania) and I would also suggest a 12+2 gearbox. The reason for the 12+2 is so that you can move away from stopping much more easily. The "+2" part are two crawler gears. These are used for going up slopes etc. If you need further help let me know and I will get back to you! :)

There is no 12+2 gear box on my screen the one I'm seeing se the 10 speeds 18 speeds 6 speeds  of course their doubles with the retarders on them as well.

I've also been trying to build my truck for speed as well.  Doing 65 is a bit slow on a constant basis.

3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

There is no 12+2 gear box on my screen the one I'm seeing se the 10 speeds 18 speeds 6 speeds  of course their doubles with the retarders on them as well.

I've also been trying to build my truck for speed as well.  Doing 65 is a bit slow on a constant basis.

Interesting. Maybe try the 18 speed then. Its kinda like, the more gears you have, the easier it is too move. However you will be shifting more (in manual and automatic) so bare that in mind.

Chief Technology Officer & Developer for Freightway.

Well with the way I have it set now, positively with a normal loaded trailer, I can do a max sustained speed of 100 MPH or 160KPH which is quite decent even when I do the heavy hauled loads I can do a max sustained speed of around 80 MPH or 128 KPH to 90 MPH or 144 KPH.  So it's not as bad as doing 50 mph or 80 KPH which would take me a couple hours to do a pretty long run which can be quite irritating.

Honestly, the Allison TC10 (or 4700 if you need more low end torque) is one of the best heavy haul transmissions as it can instantly shift and has a torque converter to help increase launch torque.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

On 9/7/2018 at 10:14 AM, crazy8s said:

So I've been trying to optimize my truck for heavy hauling but everything I select seems to tell me that I'm not selecting the right engine or the right transmission with the differentials.  There are things about this game that I love to hate when it comes time to working things out for the truck to make it a heavy hauler.  It can be well daunting and frustrating.  So the way I have the truck set up right now currently is this

Series 389

Chassis 6x4 yes 2 powered axles

Cabin:  Low Roof Sleeper

Steering:  Left Hand

Engine Power 430 hp (321kW0

Engine Torque 1550 lb-ft (2102/Nm) / 900 rmp

Gearbox Eaton FM-15E310B-LAS R

Fuel Tank 300 Gallons.

So I'm not sure if there is something I am missing here.  How ever its not saying my truck is built for heavy hauling yet my bars are up there.  I pretty much have all the engines unlocked and all of the transmissions unlocked.  So this has been some what boggling my mind.  I'm going to have to do some long runs and grind some credits if I have to upgrade or downgrade again.  But are there anymore engines and or transmissions that are unlocked at a higher level in game or am I just completely missing something at this point.  When games start to annoy you it's annoying.   Thanks ahead of time.

Just out of curiosity, how many gears does that Eaton transmission have? I have a 16 speed in one of my Mercedes trucks on ETS2 and I almost prefer a 12 speed.  I think this is mostly due to the gearing ratio. 

It's also possible the bar for heavy hauling ability cannot go all the way due to some limitation in the game's calculations. Does the truck seem to struggle much when you pull a heavy load?

7622072690.png

2 hours ago, Birdhouseman104 said:

Just out of curiosity, how many gears does that Eaton transmission have? I have a 16 speed in one of my Mercedes trucks on ETS2 and I almost prefer a 12 speed.  I think this is mostly due to the gearing ratio. 

It's also possible the bar for heavy hauling ability cannot go all the way due to some limitation in the game's calculations. Does the truck seem to struggle much when you pull a heavy load?

It's a 10 speed, which is ok but not exactly a top choice for heavy hauling. As to the Mercedes 16 speed, that thing has a final diff more suited for the heaviest special transit loads than anything for normal use. The ZF 16-speeds on the DAF are quite nice for overall use.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

In my opinion, all the truck specifications are good. Only thing I can recommend is try get a truck that pushes a little more torque, maybe  around 2600Nm. Also maybe try, if there is, get an engine that pushes good torque at 1100 to at least 1300. As far as the chassis though, a 6x4 is perfect. Some of the ones in real life can pull up to 80 tonne with 6x4 so you're good there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hai,

I'm going to move this topic to the Archive as it has been inactive for over 14 days. Due to the fact, our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks.

If you have any further questions, inquiries or wish your topic to be unarchived, don't hesitate to send me a Private Message and I'll get back to you asap.

//Topic moved to Archive.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

Archived