Is heavy server lag being caused by WiFi connection?

crazy8s

I actually had to quit playing the game earlier due to the extreme amounts of lag on the server.  I’m wondering if TruckersMP should make the requirements of only being able to play on the server with a hardline connection.  Seems you can always tell if a player is using a wireless connection.  It causes extreme server lag and the frame rates drop.  This in turn causes wrecks if there are multiple players trying to use the same intersection.  So what is being done to prevent this?

Hello,

I assume you were using the US server. It frequently experiences lag spikes and up to 30 seconds of delay at certain times, so I would suggest that you use the EU server.

Although your ping may be higher, it will at least be stable enough to play on.

Kind regards,

Aragon

TruckersMP Game Moderator Leader

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

59 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I actually had to quit playing the game earlier due to the extreme amounts of lag on the server.  I’m wondering if TruckersMP should make the requirements of only being able to play on the server with a hardline connection.  

In my opinion that wouldn't be fair for the rest of the TruckersMP Community.  Not everyone can pay "best-good-luck-wifi" every month. This Mod was created for the public. Correct me if you meant something else.  :)

regards,

-Arctic Wolf 

Stay happy and safe

A player's connection can be wireless or wired, that has nothing to do with connection consistency and jitter. If your ISP doesn't have jitter you can use any connection form to access the internet. Depending on the band you may experience jitter in wireless connection. So in a nutshell, A player with good and consistent wireless connection can play equally well when compared to a player with Ethernet/hard line connection.

Now to judge ATS, I barely go on ATS let alone multiplayer so i dont know if on which server you were playing but as Aragon said above , US server lags so it could be possible you were on that server. 

Also, when there is server lag, meaning when it's fault of our servers the team knows/is notified.

9 hours ago, Aragon said:

Hello,

I assume you were using the US server. It frequently experiences lag spikes and up to 30 seconds of delay at certain times, so I would suggest that you use the EU server.

Although your ping may be higher, it will at least be stable enough to play on.

Kind regards,

Aragon

TruckersMP Game Moderator Leader

Yes that is correct I was using the US server, I haven't played ETS in years.

9 hours ago, [VIVA] Arctic Wolf said:

In my opinion that wouldn't be fair for the rest of the TruckersMP Community.  Not everyone can pay "best-good-luck-wifi" every month. This Mod was created for the public. Correct me if you meant something else.  :)

regards,

-Arctic Wolf 

Very true its all on what people can afford, but still there should be some limitations with it.  Wifi isn't the best but sometimes it is what people have.  Some people have great wifi but I'm specifan

8 hours ago, MrHarv98 said:

A player's connection can be wireless or wired, that has nothing to do with connection consistency and jitter. If your ISP doesn't have jitter you can use any connection form to access the internet. Depending on the band you may experience jitter in wireless connection. So in a nutshell, A player with good and consistent wireless connection can play equally well when compared to a player with Ethernet/hard line connection.

Now to judge ATS, I barely go on ATS let alone multiplayer so i dont know if on which server you were playing but as Aragon said above , US server lags so it could be possible you were on that server. 

Also, when there is server lag, meaning when it's fault of our servers the team knows/is notified.

6 hours ago, francesco_c said:

I suggest you use EU servers are much more stable in my opinion

I may just have to try out the EU servers later on.  How ever my problem would be basically connecting to the EU servers.  My ping would sky rocket to about 250.  In turn which would probably cause some lag on the EU servers.  I don't think I could bite down on the bit and chew that one and get in trouble for causing the lag on the EU servers.

Just do a speed and connection test to TruckersMP EU servers.

Go to OVH website, after it loads click on "Server Selections" , Select France,Gravelines server and start the test

Once it finishes post screenshot of your latency with ping and jitter. That should tell us your ping in EU servers and consistency of your connection with servers, For example here is mine:

2CvRGom

Yes i know that is high ping in your eyes but my connection is very consistent and that is the ping i have always been having for years now. I never lag.

The only thing to be concerned about is "jitter" have it as low as possible

[/spoiler[

• 3 weeks later...

Hello;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me. 

//Moved to Archive

Archived