Urban Exploration

Miles!

Thought Id share one of my big interests. last november I found out about Cambridge Military Hospital, so me and some mates went in there, Its something Ill never forget. Im used to the odd house and all but this was something amazing!

Built in 1879, First place in the UK to do plastic surgery and It was a state of the art hospital, used to treat heavily wounded soldiers from WW2. 

Also, Sadly one of my most shocked moments ever, There was a small building outside away from the hospital so I walked over to it, went in, looked around a bit. I looked up and there was a cremation furnace and some morgue fridges, I knew instantly what it was and my heart just froze  :o

Next stop: Chernobyl :)

Anyone got any stories?

None of this content below is mine, My phone wasn't good enough for pics. Got a few videos but they aren't that good.

8408755285_7cfabf4203.jpg

The-Cambridge-Military-Hospital-10.jpg

article-2419814-1BCB0330000005DC-0_964x5

article-2419814-1BCB0565000005DC-295_964

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

You should check out Denbigh mental hospital, just watch out for Elwyn because he is a proper crazy old man with a German Shepard and a stick and he certainly isn't afraid to use it haha 

76561197981245742.png

i7 6700k @ 4.6Ghz / Be Quiet 280mm AIO / GTX 1080 / 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM (@3200mhz) / EVGA G2 750W PSU / Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD / 2 x 2 TB HDD / Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Case

You should check out Denbigh mental hospital, just watch out for Elwyn because he is a proper crazy old man with a German Shepard and a stick and he certainly isn't afraid to use it haha 

Awesome thanks! Will go there sometime looks amazing. Hopefully late this year for Chernobyl, They are rebuilding the sarcophagus so I don't want to miss it.

Oh, and I don't plan on keeping to the tour route either :D  

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

Once i went to the forests near our village and i found buildings that were looking like they are from WW2, so I was walking around there like it is a ghost town and I had in mind movie Outpost (horror movie about abandoned nazi bunker from WW2) i was rly scared but i wanted to explore so i broke a locker or two and find out it wasnt bunker from WW2, it was place where people during WW2 and couple years after were coming to get water if the summer was too hot and there was no water closer to villages. It was really fun and made me want to explore WW2 ruins.

I would actually love to explore those places :D
In 2012 i went to Sweden and Norway and came across this(this pics were from Norway, "near" the North Cape):
RZA5HmG.jpg

JqzqrH2.jpg

I know, i know.... it isn't a perfect place, but i suppose that at night it can get scary enough :P (it's windy place)
As i was with my parents and my brother i didn't even look inside it... :(

GzYYLwe.jpg

Awesome thanks! Will go there sometime looks amazing. Hopefully late this year for Chernobyl, They are rebuilding the sarcophagus so I don't want to miss it.

Oh, and I don't plan on keeping to the tour route either :D  

Ever seen Chernobyl Diaries.....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1991245/

Just make sure you leave before nightfall ;)

76561197981245742.png

i7 6700k @ 4.6Ghz / Be Quiet 280mm AIO / GTX 1080 / 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM (@3200mhz) / EVGA G2 750W PSU / Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD / 2 x 2 TB HDD / Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Case

Ever seen Chernobyl Diaries.....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1991245/

Just make sure you leave before nightfall ;)

You made me watch the movie... I am not moving out of my room for couple of hours now, i dont normally watch horror movies but when i do it must be rly good horror movie, this one is but they made couple of bad decisions and got killed... typical horror movie but unique story.

You made me watch the movie... I am not moving out of my room for couple of hours now, i dont normally watch horror movies but when i do it must be rly good horror movie, this one is but they made couple of bad decisions and got killed... typical horror movie but unique story.

I enjoyed it and personally wants to make me go and visit the place even more. 

76561197981245742.png

This kind of abandoned places makes me feel being in a post-acopalyptic era. Ive been in a couple of places like this, it´s amazing trying to imagine all the stories behind them.

Sometimes when i drive in ETS2MP i imagine something bad happend in europe and now only couple of truckers is delivering goods (including me) to almost abandoned cities, mostly eastern europe xD no cars, no on coming traffic you know...

• 3 months later...
  • Matt locked this topic

Archived