Truck or car?

Sloggen

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to dislike the car, but after its redesign, it has a much worse engine, gear ratios, and stability, I dislike it even more. If you wouldn't like to fall in desperation and hopelessness, as well as don't want to crash as often as you breathe, spend twice as much and buy a truck.

MXL94305CP

TruckersMP's Trial Support

"Bla , bla, bla ... its a truck ! simulator .... "

but, there are no other traffic in MP like in SP, so its nice to meet some cars, if they are not crazy. When someone use wheel and driving around 100kph he is not dangerous for other players

• 2 weeks later...

when caravans first arrived I thought id give it a go. I was actually quite surprised by the difference. I chose a sensible colour (not some neon green or other in your face colour)

Driving physics aside, the reaction of other 'truck' drivers was a shock. I saw some drivers pull over or stop at junction even if they had right of way, I assume as they feared I was a troll and was just ram them. Then I also had the opposite, numerous trucks coming the other way, swerving into my lane to try and shove me off the road, one actually succeeded.

Only lasted one night and I went back to trucks.

Trucks are easier to drive, most of my major road incidents and all that resulted in people reporting me on the site were in cars, as they simply encourage you to drive too fast, hence why I always now use cruise control when driving a car.

That said, after driving a car for a bit, my 460HP truck with a 15t load felt kinda slow. (Unsurprisingly!)

As a general rule, you get a lot more bullied in a car, both from other car drivers, and truck drivers, especially when being overtaken, or oncoming traffic moving back to their lane before hitting you, and unless you get a caravan (which imo makes the car undrivable) you can't /fix, which on TMP is pretty important.

But really both are fine as long as your speed is sensible, i normally do;

90 km/h (+/- 5) in a truck

120-130 km/h in a car

i normally drive a truck, but as there are so few sane car drivers, I sometimes drive a car to balance things out.

If you can drive it without crashing into other players or blocking the traffic then the car is a good choice for exploring the map, traveling between cities and driving with your friends. It's better to have diverse traffic, both of them should be on the road.

Archived