Truck or car?

Sloggen

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/3/2018 at 5:01 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Allow me to counter-ask: What game/s are you playing? If the answer is Euro TRUCK Simulator, American TRUCK Simulator or both, you shouldn't need to ask what you should drive. Sure, you can drive a car but IMO, there are lots of better games for that.

While I love driving trucks in ETS2MP, I primarily love driving the car, and the reason is simple; there are no "better" games for car driving that isn't about racing.

As far as I know, City Driving Simulator is the only one that comes close, and that game looks ancient. ETS2MP allows me to drive a pretty well detailed car around an enormous map with lots of detail and great graphics, all while being able to actually drive it sensibly, which is damn near impossible on games like Forza Horizon 3 where the cars are too difficult to keep at normal driving speeds.

For me, ETS2MP has inadvertently become the best car driving simulator out there. However, I am open to suggestions for other such games, if any do exist that aren't City Driving Simulator.

@McclaudEagle You know that the "car" in TruckersMP is just a Scania truck with a modified body, right? The main differences are that some of the parameters were "tweaked", so the car accelerates like a missile and brakes like a sailboat. Maybe you think that it's a good approach to a "car driving simulator", but you are still driving a truck. Which makes sense, since the games are TRUCK simulators.

Even since the car is able to transport caravans around, there is still no point for me to take the car... As this is a truck game, your duty is to drive a truck. Not a car ;)

On 9/7/2018 at 12:20 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@McclaudEagle You know that the "car" in TruckersMP is just a Scania truck with a modified body, right? The main differences are that some of the parameters were "tweaked", so the car accelerates like a missile and brakes like a sailboat. Maybe you think that it's a good approach to a "car driving simulator", but you are still driving a truck. Which makes sense, since the games are TRUCK simulators.

Must be a pretty slow missile. But yeah, I did read somewhere that it is just a modified Scania truck. The main attraction to it for me is just that it's a car, it's a bit quicker than the trucks, and I've got a massive detailed map to play on. As for the brakes, full Brake Sensitivity actually gives it fairly realistic braking power.

The only two downsides of the car is that:

• Its mirror models aren't working properly
  • The developer chose a Skoda Superb, arguably one of the most boring large saloon cars you can find in Europe.

Archived