Improving the PM system in-game.

wpx_

Suggestion Name: Improving the PM system in-game.

Suggestion Description: So, when somebody send us a message in-game we will see the information about a new message.

Any example images:

qp07fEm.jpg

Why should it be added?: While driving, not everyone is looking non-stop at the chat in-game. If we get this message, we will always know that somebody's send us a message.

Yes i know, paint skill 10/10. :troll:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 16
  • Confused 1
  • True Story 1

"You seemed like the ,,veteran” that knows everything. Not like a war veteran, just a guy that was long enough to know how it works"

It seems to be okay for now.  Its a good idea to always make room for improvements how ever.  I'd like to suggest this add in feature.  With the in game PM the only way you would be able to receive a PM is if your vehicle is at a complete stop and parked.  With the new laws coming out in the US about texting and driving I do think the same thing should apply inside the game.  IE Dont text and drive.  In game or in real life.

Just now, [VIVA] PsychicznyMajster said:

Dev's can maybe also add a command like "/pm-info on/off".

They can but it takes time.

Anyway i agree .

For PMs, the line corresponding to the message should be highlighted for better visibility. Similarly, if someone mentions your player ID, or your username, the text that mentions these should be highlighted so that you are made aware that someone is talking about you. For example, someone may have a question about the truck you're driving, and in busy areas it's very easy to miss messages that are directed towards you.

Image example:

5bkEwhS.png

All in all, this is a good suggestion, but I personally think it goes hand in hand with "redeveloping" the entire chat system which was suggested a while back. (see this thread) I'll add other things I'd like to see.

Language channels

Similar to what we have on the TruckersMP Discord, I'd like to see language channels that a user can "subscribe" to. For example, if I'm subscribed to the French language channel, I can only write French. This would also help with filtering out server announcements from my chat that I don't understand.

Disabling repeated messages

Many users seem to think it's okay to repeatedly spam their VTC advertisements in busy areas, having a feature where by sending the same or similar message in a short time frame times you out from the chat would improve the experience for many users, similar to how Twitch chat operates.

Chat configuration options and readability

As a person who owns an ultrawide monitor with a fairly high resolution, I find it difficult to read the chat due to the small font size. Giving users the ability to customise the chat interface with different font options (please no Comic Sans!) and font sizes would really help in improving accessibility. I'm aware this is possible through mods, but having a native option would be so much better. Adding a timestamp option would also be very nice.

"Modular" chat interface

Being able to move, resize, hide the chat similar to the player tab list.

Server announcements and in-game warnings

Highlighting server announcements similar to the suggestion above would make them more prominent. I've found in many instances of night time driving where I could not read the message without looking up close due to the nature of the dark red font against night environments.

Fixing some of the old chat bugs

If you have something in your clipboard and type the letter V, it sometimes pastes what you have in your clipboard into the chat.

Pausing the game with the chat open leaves you no option but to ALT+F4 and restart your game as there's no way to close it.

• Like 3

I'd love to see the UI and Chat system changed, it's definitely needed as the current one isnt the best, especially with different fonts. I like Moh's idea, i think it's a great idea and would be much better than what we have. Currently we have lots of spam messages and over half the messages we see are different languages, the clipboard thing is annoying as well as the pausing with chat open, i always miss messages aimed towards me and it's quite irritating, chat scrolling i would love so you could see messages you've missed.

cmgeow.pngbanner

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2018 at 12:53 PM, wpx_ said:

While driving, not everyone is looking non-stop at the chat in-game.

Is that not exactly how it should be?
It think the only way to drive safely is to eliminate as many distractions from the road as possible.
This includes but is not limited to phone calls, messages as well as notifications of new messages.

• True Story 1

• 1 month later...