Bannable offences?

Evillian

Question

11 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Evillian said:

- Overtaking at C-D road

IMO Overtaking on CD could be banable depending on the situation. 

Under the rules:

§2.4 - Incorrect Way / Inappropriate Overtaking*

Driving the incorrect way down a road. Overtaking or Undertaking in an area of extremely low FPS and/or in areas with large amounts of traffic, overtaking resulting in an accident or anything similar. This also includes overtaking on any 1 lane in each direction road where there is excessive traffic such as a traffic jam. Areas with a large amount of traffic are considered to be 25+ players.

It does specify populated areas. To me C-D is a populated area. So if the overtaking ended up with an collision then to me yes it's banable. However, if the situation was different and no collision happened I would kick the player for overtaking.

5 minutes ago, Evillian said:

- Overtaking during traffic jam on C-D and cutting line.

To me this is just pure disregard for other players. Therefore I would also depending on the manner Ban or Kick.

7 minutes ago, Evillian said:

- Overtaking during traffic jam on C-D over the grass and cutting line.

Again showing disregard for other players is not very polite. Depending on the manner its done again it would be a Kick or Ban

76561198156098217.png || status.png|| tbdl

Currently: 169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.3799d5821e5418f1e7f90e9025c25f07.png || 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf850be00b4f1801f75c0617ad2.png || 1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).png.4b44684b362beaaf0d467874cc636b90.png
Former: 320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab994248e1702aca34608fe9fef.png || role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d1c00c4aa0.png || 1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed19b45f1a4578f523eb15a14e464.png || 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0bdc461dcc23eb1025208aa6b8c4.png

Hello,

Inappropriate overtaking in a highly populated road with over 25+ users around is not allowed. Cutting to pass someone in grass is not allowed. (Reackless driving) thats also the same for passing someone in the grass in incoming traffic. 

Driving the incorrect way down a road. Overtaking or Undertaking in an area of extremely low FPS and/or in areas with large amounts of traffic, overtaking resulting in an accident or anything similar. This also includes overtaking on any 1 lane in each direction road where there is excessive traffic such as a traffic jam. Areas with a large amount of traffic are considered to be 25+ players.

§2.5 - Inappropriate / Reckless Driving*

Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe, driving backwards, the wrong way, failing to yield, racing other users, ignoring other players and rules. Driving outside of the map boundaries. This includes spots inaccessible by normal driving unless the player has Game Moderator permissions. Attempting to use desync in order to cause damage to another users vehicle is forbidden.

- https://truckersmp.com/rules

Note: hopefully this doesn't look like im personating staff just answering his question! :)

Regards,

-Arctic Wolf 

Stay happy and safe

7 hours ago, Evillian said:

1. Overtaking at C-D road

2. Overtaking during traffic jam on C-D and cutting line.

3. Overtaking during traffic jam on C-D over the grass and cutting line.

Are these not bannable offences?

If not what is considered bannable? Only accidents?

1. As specified in rules, overtaking as well is not bannable (ovbiusly, so, one person at 55 Kmh can make an extreme traffic jam), bannable overtake (theres no offence as u specified in title) is only when result in accident or unsafe, for example need to take out of road to let them no impact, or anything else

2. Depends of the situation, but in general is ITS COMPLETE safe to overtake, like a "innactive jam" i call it, its ok to overtake to evade extend jam kilometers

3. Overtake on grass is forbidden every time, no excuses, its reckless driving due to nature of the grass, you can jump or loss control and impact to the jam, which causes worst situation than already there are

So the fast and short answer is "Theres no overtake bannable, unless are unsafe(where unsafe takes you out of road or almost accident), grass driving, or accident

https://truckersmp.com/rules

Safe overtake example:

Unsafe overtake example (Made with a user that has ofered to collab)

*NOTE: This videos was recorded in CD road

Edited by venadHD
Extended version, added videos of example and added short answer version

11 hours ago, [VIVA] Arctic Wolf said:

or passing someone in the grass in incoming traf

11 hours ago, [WTLVTC] ismail [TR] said:

Hello there buddy, @Evillian  

Please let us know your question is answered :) 

I understand it is a bit of a grey area?

I almost got pushed off the road by somebody cutting line. While he was cutting line he was also blocking the other lane because he couldn't get completely between me and the guy in front of me. He did it a couple of times, one time over the grass.

So i recorded it and made a report with 2 videos. The report was denied because it was not a bannable offence.

That's why i like to know because making these reports is a lot of work. I think it's for the better that people know what they can do and what they can't. If you say that cutting lines and driving over the grass is not bannable then everyone will do it because they know there is no penalty. People keep driving like this if there is no consequence.

4 hours ago, Evillian said:

I understand it is a bit of a grey area?

I almost got pushed off the road by somebody cutting line. While he was cutting line he was also blocking the other lane because he couldn't get completely between me and the guy in front of me. He did it a couple of times, one time over the grass.

So i recorded it and made a report with 2 videos. The report was denied because it was not a bannable offence.

That's why i like to know because making these reports is a lot of work. I think it's for the better that people know what they can do and what they can't. If you say that cutting lines and driving over the grass is not bannable then everyone will do it because they know there is no penalty. People keep driving like this if there is no consequence.

I think it mainly depends on the outcome of the action.
If the player that overtakes cuts you in a way that your or another players vehicle is damaged, it will likely be banned (reckless driving).
Also, if the player that overtakes cannot get back in lane and blocks (oncoming) traffic, it will likely be banned, too (blocking).

Just recently, a player overtook me on the right side in the grass until he encountered a bridge railing. In his attempt to evade it and trying to get back on the street, he hit my vehicle and was banned accordingly for reckless driving.
In my reports I describe such incidents as "inappropriate overtaking manoeuvre leading to a collision").

7 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

I think it mainly depends on the outcome of the action.
If the player that overtakes cuts you in a way that your or another players vehicle is damaged, it will likely be banned (reckless driving).
Also, if the player that overtakes cannot get back in lane and blocks (oncoming) traffic, it will likely be banned, too (blocking).

Just recently, a player overtook me on the right side in the grass until he encountered a bridge railing. In his attempt to evade it and trying to get back on the street, he hit my vehicle and was banned accordingly for reckless driving.
In my reports I describe such incidents as "inappropriate overtaking manoeuvre leading to a collision").

Okay so is it safe to say it's okay to break the rules as long as i don't cause an accident?

A report about constant music on CB got denied too, also not bannable.

Wrong way driving without causing an accident seems to be bannable without causing an accident.

It's not really clear.

Would be nice to have this confirmation by an experienced game mod or so.

Then i can discard some of my reports in the future.

Hello,

This topic has been inactive for 2 mlre days and because of that, the topoc will be moved to the Unsolved topics section. If you still need help, you can create a support ticket (as already mentioned)

Have a great day and happy trucking! B)

Kind regards,

MHT

Support Manager

//Moved to Unsolved due to inactivity.