Why is ATSMP so quiet.

ReduxGB

I mostly stay away from ATS because it lacks content.

In my opinion there are to little cities and trucks to choose from. 

If they were to add more cities and more trucks i would give it a try again.

<--> | English / Dutch | <-->

< Need help with anything? >

< Someone broke the rules? >

< Got banned unfairly? >

People are without knowledge and also stupid.............. Because they playing on OpenBeta 1.32

76561198158535149.png                                                                                                                              ➡  My WoTr.                       

Renault Premium: 500.000km 

Renault Magnum: 257.500km   ▶

American Truck Simulator was released on 2nd February 2016 

Euro Truck Simulator 2 was released 19th October 2012

It seems like as ETS2 was released around 4 years before ATS, ETS2 has a huge following compared to ATS and in my opinion American Truck Simulator lacks content, most likely because there's less DLC/Trucks available for ATS compared to ETS2.

yo

49 minutes ago, Aves said:

People are without knowledge and also stupid.............. Because they playing on OpenBeta 1.32

Nice comment tho, that should not matter on which version they are playing, is there choice and if they wanna play on open beta that is fine.

In begin of ATSMP it was crowded, because it was new, long straight roads, big trucks with large trailers squeezing through tight corners with oncoming traffic.

It was fun but eventually they lost intrest because the lack of content and trucks, at least you can play ATS with mods and there are great mods out there for singleplayer.

But hopefully someday the player base will be back if there will be more content and trucks will be added.

ATS does not get as much attention as ETS2 as ATS is brand new and it lacks major release date content and attention from SCS. SCS sales and the strength of the ATS community are incomparable with ETS2 for this exact reason.

Bless up on life and make sure you take in life everyday,

-NJ_Bapt

NJB.png

I personally pretty much only play on ATS because I like the United States theme to the game. It does loose my interests at times due to the lack of content, like mentioned by other people. This sometimes leads to me playing on single-player due to being able to get more content through modifications. Hopefully they do add more to the game in the future and get more people's interest to play ATS.

For me ATS is a good game, I will play ATS if I want to keep quiet

But SCS need to deepen their jobs, I  think new trucks and new trucks brands.

Some guys will say the map need to be better but not for me. The ATS map is very nice.

The next map DLC will look so nice: 

But ETS2 is more popular and it's why ATS MP community is smaller.

I know, I not agree with you... 

https://traffic.krashnz.com/ets2/eu2.. (Dont know is it works or true.)

Not seen lot players here in DLC's (France, Italy or GE). Is too small? Here 4000+ players, but why not here? Nice joke.

Sorry, know for warrning -_-

76561198158535149.png                                                                                                                              ➡  My WoTr.                       

Renault Premium: 500.000km 

Renault Magnum: 257.500km   ▶

Basically there are just way more people own only ETS2 because it's just a better game right now. ETS2 has been out for almost 6 years now (also ETS1 for over 10 years) compared to ATS which is only about 2 and a half. This means ETS2 has had lots of time to develop. 

I think to bring people back to ATS we need more trucks, more cities and roads in base map (which they added a few in 1.32 actually maybe it could attract some people), and another free map dlc.

Btw here's steam charts for the player count in general: 

ATS: https://steamcharts.com/app/270880

ETS2: https://steamcharts.com/app/227300

On 9/6/2018 at 2:54 AM, francesco_c said:

ATS has always been quiet, but if there are future dlc I think it will become more populated

It's mostly been quiet since about 6 months after it released. I remember the first day it released and boy was there ever chaos on that server. I remember after Arizona and New Mexico came out that the server populations dramatically spiked but dropped after a week. I think if we see more content to the point of ETS2 or more that we could see higher populations on servers.

7622072690.png

Archived