Heavy Lag in heavily populated areas

crazy8s

I'm noticing a small issue.  When an area is heavily populated with other players the lag picks up.  I have extremely fast download speeds of roughly 350 mbps.  Which is yes very fast for cable.  How ever the server seems to think that my ping is sky rocketing over the allowed limit on the servers.  I don't know why this is happening but it seems to happen.  Not all the time but when the server is heavily populated and I have to make a run into a populated area.  It seems my ping decides to sky rocket from other players.  Again I'm not sure why this is but it happens.  Not to mention when I do see other players actually load into view it seems like it's a bit on the glitchy side of it.  It's like it skips a frame or two before they actually appear.  Are there any reasons why this is continuing to happen?  I'm running a higher end 2 gig graphics card 16 gigs of ram a 6 core processor.  I'm not sure if it's a server side issue or not.  I have no issues with being kicked for high ping.  I'm just trying to information gather on why this could be happening.

19 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I'm noticing a small issue.  When an area is heavily populated with other players the lag picks up.  I have extremely fast download speeds of roughly 350 mbps.  Which is yes very fast for cable.  How ever the server seems to think that my ping is sky rocketing over the allowed limit on the servers.  I don't know why this is happening but it seems to happen.  Not all the time but when the server is heavily populated and I have to make a run into a populated area.  It seems my ping decides to sky rocket from other players.  Again I'm not sure why this is but it happens.  Not to mention when I do see other players actually load into view it seems like it's a bit on the glitchy side of it.  It's like it skips a frame or two before they actually appear.  Are there any reasons why this is continuing to happen?  I'm running a higher end 2 gig graphics card 16 gigs of ram a 6 core processor.  I'm not sure if it's a server side issue or not.  I have no issues with being kicked for high ping.  I'm just trying to information gather on why this could be happening.

Hi, crazy8s. I have been experiencing the same issue. Due to this issue, the last couple of days I have been using Ethernet instead of wireless internet connection. However, it may just be because the servers are constantly having to struggle with the amount of users in Calais, Duisburg extra. This will probably resume to normal when the servers calm down again when schools start to open again. Hope this helps.

Kind regards, Ray.

KCT_Banner.png

Knowledge Base

Reporting a user? | Require help? | Meet The Team! | What are the rules? | How to create feedback?

Current Forum Role:

image.png

Previous Forum Roles:

role_Members.png284174119_role_VeteranI.png627982540_role_VeteranII.png2107496369_role_VeteranIII.png1761634736_role_VeteranIV.png1693420267_role_5Patron1.png1523332175_role_EventTeam.png

6 minutes ago, Ray Dobson said:

Hi, crazy8s. I have been experiencing the same issue. Due to this issue, the last couple of days I have been using Ethernet instead of wireless internet connection. However, it may just be because the servers are constantly having to struggle with the amount of users in Calais, Duisburg extra. This will probably resume to normal when the servers calm down again when schools start to open again. Hope this helps.

Kind regards, Ray.

KCT_Banner.png

I've never played on a wireless connection.  I'm always using hard wire.  Wireless it would probably be ten times worse.

20 minutes ago, stilldre1976 said:

yeah had it earlier in Calais and there was only about 15 trucks about so not packed think they were having server lag problems as I was stuttering

If your connecting to the US from the UK that might be an issue too, I've noticed players trying to connect to the US from across the pond have a very high ping in most any game.  I try to pick routes that I know I'm only going to come across people going in the opposite direction as me.  It works most of the time, but then you wind up going into a city with a lot of players and yes it is lag central.

Just as a side note, sometimes pressing f11 and disabling names above the players can help with lag in busy areas - I doubt it'll help fix the problem but it might help. Some of the problem is likely to be people who's computers cannot cope with the large player numbers, I regularly see people lagging horribly and acting like described above in Calais etc.

I noticed this very quickly! In a multi-person area such as Calais or Duisburg, a very lag is caused, especially to those people who have a weaker computer, but as far as I noticed, those people do not stop doing what they like because they like it to drive in crowded areas, but at the same time it can cause problems to other people around them! So this is a big problem to be considered by Echpa TMP!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your opinions!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, feel free to contact me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived