Random road works

SouthenLad

Question: Do you think the random road works are suitable to be randomize for players 

These can not be seen by all players so you will see players go around them then some go through them i don't think this is a good idea as this can cause players to use the on coming lane and cause a crash.

What is your opinion on this and do you think this is a good thing they added to tmp

Kind regards - RedtrenDante

Personally, I think that the addition of these would be great! But, the main problem is SCS made these random events as a probability setting which means that users may have a different choice of how many they want to see. So it would mean TMP would have to try and decide on if the community wanted them at all and if they did, how often they would occur. 

However, when I am driving around in quieter areas of the map I do sometimes tend to enable these because I love the realism they create but they can also create crashes and frustration to anyone else who may be nearby which is usually why I don't use these in MP.

Overall, I would love these to be put into TruckersMP but I'd imagine there would be problems deciding the frequency and if the majority of the community wants them. :rolleyes:

I like to have a lot of random road events while playing SP. But in MP they can cause serious troubles for you and even lead to a ban if you violate the TruckersMP rules when trying to avoid hitting something on the road. That's why I recommend you either to turn off random road events or drive very carefully and not as fast as most other players do in MP to prevent yourself from getting banned.

14 hours ago, RedtrenDante said:

Question: Do you think the random road works are suitable to be randomize for players 

These can not be seen by all players so you will see players go around them then some go through them i don't think this is a good idea as this can cause players to use the on coming lane and cause a crash.

What is your opinion on this and do you think this is a good thing they added to tmp

As you have said, using the random road events can cause crashes as it is all a probability and not everyone will have the random event. That being said, maybe TruckersMP can add some construction, maybe some sort of crashes, update them every 2 weeks or something and make the map feel like it is living.

17 hours ago, RedtrenDante said:

For me, I think some players like this but some do not

17 hours ago, RedtrenDante said:

13 minutes ago, Barbaroshayretin said:

I think it's a big problem:check:

And if you have problem with Random road event on the road, you can turn it off. Since I turned Random road events off, I no longer see it on the way anymore

Here is topic guide:

On 9/1/2018 at 12:59 AM, RedtrenDante said:

It is really annoying. Just suddenly it is roadwork and my friend or other people just drive right trough it. It would be better if everyone could see it and not just random.

Actually, I think the random road events are not good enough for our MP.

:ph34r: They shouldn't have been updated on the MP so early.

Or they should have been synchronized with everyone.

I do not have any doubt that "the random road events could be a fascinating part of ETS2".

And I just hope that they would be improved as soon as possible. :D

• 2 weeks later...

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community. 

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.

//Topic moved to Archives.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

Archived