save games

Redbulldk

Question

soo i've had mp trucking on another pc, my name was redbulldk, no shame there, got a new pc and installed mp truckers, i can login and all but where is my saved game?, or atleast my profil stored? cause i don't wanna start again from scratch

14 answers to this question

@Redbulldk Hello!

Documents, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Profiles. The file inside is your profile. You can import the file from your other computer and discard it.

If you can't do that, there are ready profiles for that. You can install them.

Regards B)

BombZ

Greetings.

Unfortunately, ETS2 doesn't have Steam Cloud enabled, meaning that saves aren't transfered from computer to computer; each computer has a different save.

This can be resolved by transfering your save file from your old computer, into your new computer.

I've actually had this problem before when I switched computers and I didn't save my save files, so I was forced to start from scratch. I did use cheat engine and save editing to get the money and level I was originally in, so if you are out of options, you can do that.

Currently, there's no way to automatically transfer save files from computers using the same account. I hope that helps your issue!

Kind regards.

v1.png 

Alright, so here's what you'll need to do. This is unrelated to TruckersMP, but I'll help you anyway.

Go to your documents, then open up the Euro Truck Simulator 2 map. There should be a map called; "Profiles". This is the part you want to keep in mind.

I really hope you still have access to the old ETS2 folder, as that is where it will be stored. If you do not have a copy of your previous profile, you will not be able to retreive your old account unfortunately (Mods, correct me if I am wrong).

If you do not have access anymore, then, unfortunately, you'll have to do everything all over again.

Hello,

- Did You Backup And / Or Transfer The Saves To New / Other Pc?

- Do You Have The Saves On A Computer And Are You Trying To Access It On Another Computer?

- Solutions -

1- Upload In Cloud Using Steam Or Upload In Sites Of Upload And Download Saves In The Other Computer.

2- If You Are Having Problems With The Saves On Another Computer, Try To Check If They Are Corrupted

- Hope this helps. :) 

- Kind Regards

- Souza

- Brazil - RJ

hello

You should go to the Documents folder on your old computer, find there "Euro Truck Simulator 2" folder, open it and then open "profiles" folder. There will be all your profiles. You should copy all of them or only the latest (to use this option you should sort the files in "profiles" folder by date) to any USB and then to your new PC.

The best option is always copy the game files into a cloud (iCloud, dropbox, Google Drive, Onedrive, ...)/usb and then transfer the game files on to the new laptop into the document directory.

Using the Steam Cloud is not always the best option.

Best Regards

Soul Knight:)

On 8/31/2018 at 12:15 AM, Redbulldk said:

soo i've had mp trucking on another pc, my name was redbulldk, no shame there, got a new pc and installed mp truckers, i can login and all but where is my saved game?, or atleast my profil stored? cause i don't wanna start again from scratch

Be welcome to forum at first step.

You need to copy old savegame files from your last computer from "Documents" folder, there two folders to copy, "ETS2MP" and "Euro Truck Simulator 2"

This 2 folders contains  all data you has been used for ETS2 and ETS2MP, including trucks, garages, chats, logs, tag for your ETS2MP and configurations you made.

CQgD0UJ.png

When you copy to an USB or hard drive this folders, you need to put it to your Documents in your new PC, and you will be able to play again with your savegame and ETS2MP data you had

I recommend to backup every month or week this 2 folders, because Steam Cloud is not compatible with ETS2 and Steam servers will no backup your data!

Edited by venadHD
Extended information and better readability

Hello, Bonjour,

First of all, welcome to the forums! It is always nice to see new community members post on the forums! I hope you have been enjoying not only the modification but also the forums!

As a support team member, we must look after the help section and ensure all of our users get the help they need! Could you please inform us if your problem has been solved or if you still need help? If there are no replies on this topic after so long, we must close the topic due to inactivity. Thank you for understanding! 

Should you have any questions or concerns today, you can contact me through the Private Message function of the forums. Once more, welcome to the forums!

~ccowie
TruckersMP French and English support.

Dear @Redbulldk,

It has been over 9 days since you last time replied to this topic and because of that, I'll move this topic to the Unsolved topics section.

Thank you very much for your help and participation. Have a great day! B)

Best regards,

MHT
Support Manager

/Moved to Unsolved due to inactivity.