Hello Everybody, I'm old but semi New

crazy8s

Hello Everybody.  I'm an older player but new.  I played this game for hours online multiplayer.  But I had to quit playing because I didn't want to get burned out on this game.  How ever since the long break I took from the game its essentially turned me into a complete noob.  I have to start from scratch on everything.  I haven't purchased the NM DLC as of yet.  How ever how do I know for sure exactly if I am connected to Truckers MP online server from my game I know I need to do a few runs to build up my cash in single player so I can get a decent rig in MP.  Anyways if you have any tips for an old new guy please let me know, thank you in advance.

Ah okay.  For some reason when I played a few months ago it would be a bunch of red at the bottom of the screen showing me that I'm actually connected to the server.  I basically have to re learn this game lol, that's how long it's been since I've played.  I'm giving myself a break from other games lol.  How ever  I prefer multiplayer on most games and I know truckersMP is the only way to play Multiplayer on ATS.  I have Euro Truck as well but I don't really play that game.  How ever, in light of this I'm trying to do the quick jobs in order to earn myself enough in game silver to purchase a rig.  But I'm having some difficulties getting this going. So I'm not sure how quickly I'll be able to jump onto multiplayer and start running routes.  I don't even have the map opened up.  I guess that's what happens when you leave a game for a while.  I do plan on purchasing the New Mexico content probably tomorrow.  Hopefully it's worth the money.

I don't know how ATS works to be honest, but in ETS there's an option to take a loan from the bank, so with a few loans you can buy yourself some cheap truck. If you want you can make it the more entertaining way of course!

And yeah, I do not stick in a same game for a while too, unless I am enraged with it (Being staff, being in a group, etc.)

Just now, shotydety said:

I don't know how ATS works to be honest, but in ETS there's an option to take a loan from the bank, so with a few loans you can buy yourself some cheap truck. If you want you can make it the more entertaining way of course!

Like I stated I can't even take a loan out from the bank, I don't think I'm going to do it that way.  I need to learn the game again.  At this point I'm having issues trying to figure out how to get my quick jobs in single player up and running lol.  So step 1 is trying to figure out how to get this thing working.  This is how long it's been since I've played and yea I'm re learning how to do all of this from nothing basically.

^ This is a common problem. There are several ways to fix this, but since you don't own a truck yet, the easiest way (F7 -> Enter) is not yet available for you. 

This guide explains what to do for ETS2, but it's the same for ATS. Just replace any instance of "Euro Truck Simulator 2" with "American Truck Simulator". I recommend the console method, as that works without having to restart your game.

Although step 10 tells you to exit the game, this is not necessary. Reloading a save game will suffice.

17 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Basically now the problem I'm having is the job market is not coming up at all so the game is not letting me do anything and I'm getting frustrated with it.  Gah some games.

Hey! Try Resting/Complete one WOT / World of truck job may refresh i t / or Ferry! :) If im not near a ferry or can't rest i F7 from a distance and It makes you tired then you can sleep :)

These Solution Fix my problems usually regarding Job Market 

Kind Regards - PlacGhost / Kyle

Atlas Logistics

veteran1.png.b8cd9ae666917772441c0c252ec

I got the issue of no jobs showing up figured out after watching a video.  I had to go into my profile config folder and it was a 0 so I had to edit it to 1 and save it.  That did the trick jobs are available.  Now I gotta get my gamma increased a bit so I can actually see the road at night.  Lol  I forgot how dark this game is at night.  Getting old in real life is no fun lol.  But slowly but surely I am figuring this out.  For now I have the real life factors turned off.  

1 hour ago, [AL-VTC] PlacGhost said:

Hey! Try Resting/Complete one WOT / World of truck job may refresh i t / or Ferry! :) If im not near a ferry or can't rest i F7 from a distance and It makes you tired then you can sleep :)

These Solution Fix my problems usually regarding Job Market 

Kind Regards - PlacGhost / Kyle

Changing the config file did the trick worked like a charm

I got it all figured out with the virtual truck company, how ever what I am wondering is there a web link map that shows where all the players are at on the truckers MP?  Like a webserver map for the game?  Is there a way that can be done or does it already exist?

There are negative reviews with every game and simulator out there.  People want to wine and cry because the developers don't listen to cry baby I want this I want that.  That is primarily the main reason there are negative reviews on games. ATS is not bad at all.  Its actually one of the better simulators out there for realism.  I'm sure trucking schools around the US use this.  I haven't had any complaints on it at all.  I actually own both ATS and Euro Truck Simulator.

• 2 weeks later...

Hai,

I will move this topic to the archives as your topic has been inactive for 14 days now. Due to the fact, our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments or wish for your topic to be unarchived, don't hesitate to send me a Private Message.

Kind Regards,

weezy

Community Moderator

//Topic moved to Archive.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

Archived