Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

The new Nvidia GeForce RTX 20 series graphics cards

[NL] CooleChriz

On 20 August 2018 announced Nvidia the new GeForce RTX 20 series as successor to the GTX 10 series.

A new generation grapic cards with Raytracing. It is not new because it is used for many years in movies but for the gaming industry it is new.
The biggest innovation for me in the new cards are the special RT-coresfor real-time raytracing.

Short description about Raytracing: 

This is another way of 3D rendering that can lead to much nicer 3D images, but until now was too complex to render multiple images per second and was therefore not suitable for 3D gaming. That is why Nvidia has changed the name of its cards from GeForce GTX to GeForce RTX. Unfortunately the new Ray-tracking technology does not have enough computing power to render games completely in this way.

Some specifications provided by Nvidia:

1kwcRl09TnW5CtWnz0S5Hw.png

D8LEq2w0TxSatgMtY81G2Q.png
AFGJpswSR_mMkUPSWD77ww.png

*all the screenshots are from the Nvidia website*
More information about the new graphic cards https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/20-series/

Personaly i don't buy the new 20 serie at this moment, main reason for it is because there are no user/tech site based bench marks available which we don't know for sure if it is the 20 series.
Also the price is for me at this moment a bit to high(€520 for a 2070), my 1070 is at this point still very good and can play almost any game on ultra. So for me there is currently no added value outside the Raytracing.

So what do you think about the new grapic cards, Would you buy it or just wait a periode to see how it will be going?

Too expensive.

And final benchmarks haven't been published yet, so it's more of a cat-in-a-box buy at this moment.

Number okay, but what really matters is the performance you can get in games and during other usage

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

I think that this card sucks, as the only big chanse I see after GTX 1080Ti is new technology RTX, which is useless at the moment, because RTX 2080Ti doesn't have even much power to have 60 fps on full HD with RTX ON. That sounds a bit silly and I think that they need to make better optimization for RTX technology or make Turing architecture more powerful. 

@RayRay5 Yes true, To expensive and also the benchmarks which (possibly) come from the 20 series are not yet 100% sure that are now going around.
have it about this one:
 035531_schermafbeelding-2018-08-29-om-09

@BL4CK$K1LL RTX is in childshoes, but the beginning for a new game experince is possibly available with this.

But I'm waiting quietly for all benchmarks and gameplays. At the moment only a very limited number of games support RTX so it is certainly not worth it for me.

A big oof from me

The ray tracing is interesting, but maaan that's too expensive!

And then the VRAM... 8Gb for a 2080? The same amount as the 1070? I hope it'll be more powerful because it's GDDR6.

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

On 9/4/2018 at 10:38 AM, MrHarv98 said:

I like the 2080 but pricing.. also no known benchmarks so i'll rather buy a 1080Ti when prices go down since we all know what a card that is for the money.

I'm in the same boat. Right now I'm still rocking the budget GTX 950. While it does what I need, I'll most likely go for a higher spec 10 series GPU once the 20 series is out because of the drop in price. 

The 1080Ti is a great card for the money and if the prices drop, it will be even more worth it.

7622072690.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived