Who has priority in this situation? Watch the video

FiotoBR

Question

I was driving good when the guy appeared in front of me without looking or anything. I reported it and the administrator said I was wrong that the preference was his. In my country I know I'm right, I'm just asking this question to be sure about the European rules. Watch the video and draw your own conclusions.

16 answers to this question

Hello @FiotoBR,

While exceeding the speed limit, you may not even have noticed it, however, there was a "yield" sign in front of you before approaching that intersection: 

mLsiEYw.jpg

Now, you might be wondering 'what is this'? This sign tells you that you must let other traffic pass because they have the priority. It is not a stop sign, however, you must stop if traffic is coming as you have to give way. :)

Lastly, I really hope that you can understand this. Also, I will remain at your disposition if you have any further questions or inquiries. Should your issue be solved, please let me know so that a Supporter can move this topic.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Game Manager

Technically, the truck coming down from the ramp had the right of way. Pause at 00:01 and you'll see that you had a give way/yield sign, meaning that you should have stopped and given way to that truck.

tlKKUcE.png

Bear in mind that when playing MP you have to abide to the traffic rules of the country in which you are driving at in the game. As such, under European law (and law from all countries that use the same sign), there being a give way sign facing you means that you were the one in the wrong. And that is why your report was declined and you have been told by the GM that you were wrong. I'd do the same, if I'm honest. Would be unfair to ban the other player in this situation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yield_sign

I hope this answers your question.

P.S: I highly recommend you don't drive faster than 90 KM/h on country/narrow roads such as that one. Also reduce your speed as you approach intersections.

• True Story 1

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Hello,

As much as we miss the yeld sign all the time we have to remember thats there. I also made the same mistake here. Even knows the game as different rules, than the real world i totally understand. Here in America coming down a ramp we have to stop and look both ways. We may even have traffic lights 100% of the time. Here is a good example. 

Regards,

-Arctic Wolf 

• Upvote 1

Stay happy and safe

Hello @FiotoBR,

Since I am very familiar with that intersection, I can tell you that the traffic sign you marked with an orange circle is this:

50_457e51c607420e.jpg

It means that you have priority only once and only for the next upcoming intersection. For instance, if there are 3 crossroads and you see this sign once, it means you can cross the first intersection because you have priority but not necessarily the second and third one. :)

Also, the double solid white lines mean that you are not allowed to overtake there. Hopefully, you can understand that.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Game Manager

13 minutes ago, Anriandor said:

Hello @FiotoBR,

Since I am very familiar with that intersection, I can tell you that the traffic sign you marked with an orange circle is this:

50_457e51c607420e.jpg

It means that you have priority only once and only for the next upcoming intersection. For instance, if there are 3 crossroads and you see this sign once, it means you can cross the first intersection because you have priority but not necessarily the second and third one. :)

Also, the double solid white lines mean that you are not allowed to overtake there. Hopefully, you can understand that.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Game Manager

Now I understand. Actually the laws are very different from Brazil. Here the double range means the opposite.

10 hours ago, Anriandor said:

Hello @FiotoBR,

While exceeding the speed limit, you may not even have noticed it, however, there was a "yield" sign in front of you before approaching that intersection: 

mLsiEYw.jpg

Now, you might be wondering 'what is this'? This sign tells you that you must let other traffic pass because they have the priority. It is not a stop sign, however, you must stop if traffic is coming as you have to give way. :)

Lastly, I really hope that you can understand this. Also, I will remain at your disposition if you have any further questions or inquiries. Should your issue be solved, please let me know so that a Supporter can move this topic.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Game Manager

I understand, the actual traffic laws in europe are very different from Brazil. More from what I remember on the white truck lane, is that same sign or am I wrong?

See the image. I do not understand Europe, more if there are two boards on both tracks and the track track is double I have the priority (this in Brazil). In the case in his band also has the same signal, where says that the priority is his?

https://prnt.sc/knulz8

sinal.jpeg.png.77e922799ede6830cc9e16d1d63d9fcd.png

Hello, Bonjour,

As you can see, the community has spoken.

Those already on the Rural road between Calais and Duisberg (Also known as C-D road) must yield to traffic entering the road.

It is an easy mistake to make, you should not feel bad. This intersection can be quite busy and with all the action going on it happens quite often to miss a yield sign or anything similar. Additionally, if you are banned, you can explain in your ban appeal whatever you wish to include. Since many users make the same mistake, you won't be the first nor the last.

As for this topic, has your question been fully answered or do you have any other concerns or questions, we would like to know.

Thanks,

~ccowie

Hello!
At 0:01 you can see red triangle sign with white inside on your right, that sign means that you don't have priority to cross the intersection and you need to stop and let pass others, that have priority. Sign you marked orange is "priority to next intersection" that means he have priority to this/first intersection. Unfortunately you are not right but hope that others and I helped you and now you understand those signs. Have a nice day!
Regards.
WOJTI5

Hello,

I am very glad another user can understand this intersection, only a few million to go. :troll:

Anyways, on a serious note, thank you for asking this in the appropriate section.

This topic will be locked and moved accordingly.

//Locked and moved to solved.