Hot topic #2: Rush hour, driving the traffic jams

Prime

How I pass through busy areas

• Always keep a safe distance (80m+ should be fine)

• Don't drive over 100km/h

• Slow down early not when you're about 10km away in your front

• Enjoy the slow ride

Last but not the least

• Keep recording rolling so you have evidence against them and counter-evidence to noob reports.

Traffic is fun. It adds realism to a certain extent but a traffic that you sit in the same place for hours? It needs to stop.

If only people are disciplined enough, there will be fewer accidents.

The problem is the show-off trolls and racers. The only time CD-road is at peace is when Europe is sleeping.

• True Story 2

I no understand.. 

Why the f*** are we still complaining about this? Really! 

Guys.. this is how it works: brainless kids always win. Who drive like normal peoples always lose. 

We are talking about this s*** from 2014 and nothing changed.. ah no, it just increased the amount of kids around. 

Stop talking about things that will never change.. enjoy your life, enjoy your ride, enjoy the road.

Keep driving your favorite vehicle.. no matter the power, just.. keep drive..

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

I love going there, especially on EU2. If my delivery route is somewhere near, I'll take the longer route through C-D.

What I like more about C-D is mostly the ammount of people in it. When I drive on it, it reminds me that I'm not the only one playing on the server. But what also attracts me is the challenge of trying to pass there unscathed. As well as unintentionally annoying people who forget this is a simulator by going 80km/h which is the maximum speed an HGV can go on rural roads. What joy!

v1.png 

Personally, I love the high traffic area's, it gives you the best chance to sit back, relax and just go with the flow. The rules around these areas work well, You have the select handful that can't handle cruising though, it ruins the fun for the rest, and they don't care about being banned.

It's good to see more recruitment open for GM's as I feel it would help, But there will never be enough GM's to sort those handful, I am sure most would agree with that!

I would recommend chucking TFM on and just cruising if you want something todo! :D 

Signature Coming Soon

I like driving in high populated ares, but not in traffic jams. Lots of drivers just overtake without a reason, lots of crashes, impatient drivers.

If the speed limit would be respected, everything would be fine. You have time to stop, no hard braking, not so many crashes and a better traffic flow altogether.

Well, to the main topic:

how to alive:

just obey the traffic rules, dont overtake when its not 100% safe. So actually never overtake at this road.

Dont go full speed, drive just as fast, as you can handle your truck safely, espacialy regarding to slow corners, etc. while i have to tell, speeding is not the main problem, it only gets a problem if you get reckless at the same time. 

Keep a safety distance to the player in front of you, so you can brake. Maybe he will lag or get involved into an accident

Also much important: record your driving, so that you get some proofs, if you will get a ban. Keep your proofs at least one month, so you can appeal if a player reports you.

I have much fun drving DC road, because it feels much better, than always drving at the empty roads. There you actually have to drive, instead of the other areas, where you could easily race with a constant speed of 150km/h. I personally slowed down on other area,to 120km/h at highway and 90-100 on other road, so i dont  tilt so easily in corners. 

On 9/2/2018 at 5:16 PM, [23]ThunderSky said:

I no understand.. 

Why the f*** are we still complaining about this? Really! 

Guys.. this is how it works: brainless kids always win. Who drive like normal peoples always lose. 

We are talking about this s*** from 2014 and nothing changed.. ah no, it just increased the amount of kids around. 

Stop talking about things that will never change.. enjoy your life, enjoy your ride, enjoy the road.

Keep driving your favorite vehicle.. no matter the power, just.. keep drive..

Well i disagree, brainless kids will lose, when they get  their bans.

Personally, I hate to drive over the same road again and again over time , also rush hour drives isn't my cup of tea, I'll rather go for a drive at 5/6 in the morning than evening. I want peace,the road and my music to entertain myself.

Now to answer your question, If i was in a congested area i would rather pull on the side and just chill until things get going, and yeah i do think game rules regarding overtaking and beacons are legit and need to be enforced more specifically during rush hours in the servers imo.

i do like traffic jams, the challenge that implies and even use it as a learning tool

9 hours ago, MrHarv98 said:

Personally, I hate to drive over the same road again and again over time , also rush hour drives isn't my cup of tea, I'll rather go for a drive at 5/6 in the morning than evening. I want peace,the road and my music to entertain myself.

Now to answer your question, If i was in a congested area i would rather pull on the side and just chill until things get going, and yeah i do think game rules regarding overtaking and beacons are legit and need to be enforced more specifically during rush hours in the servers imo.

why do you ever bother in goin' online? (legit question)

The best part about this mod is C-D road for me.
My rules for when driving along the way is to always drive safe. If there's no traffic then I just step it to the metal until I see another person within a distance ahead of me because I wouldn't like to crash into them let alone it could be an accident coming ahead. It's always smart to be cautious of the road around you.

I also have my shadowplay ready for times when some crashes can get me caught in a ditch. Can't be mad at everything that happens there as it's basically the game's version of Bolivia Death Road but with reckless drivers. For that reason, I'm pretty light on reports because lets all be honest, we'd report a lot of people for overtaking alone. 

To relax and drive should be everyone's goals :3

Now obviously you can't help it when people crash into you, BUT, its perfectly possible to not crash into other people. For example, if you are entering a busy area, slow down slightly. This will give you more time to react to an accident, another player lagging or give you more time to recover if you get lag. So to put it simply, take your time. There is no reason why you, or anyone else should be in a rush. It will just cause accidents and therefore irritated players.

I personally love driving in congested areas. I get to see so many people and what their vehicles look like. However there is the down side to this - the people that do not know how to drive properly. Not everyone is perfect, but some people just cannot drive at all. I think that one of the things is that there needs to be at least one admin in these areas at all times, when possible. This way the area will be a little less chaotic and will have some what of a flow of traffic.

Another side note, the random road events can be deadly too, since other players do not see them where you see them. If possible they should be disabled server side, or synced with each player.

Thanks!

Chief Technology Officer & Developer for Freightway.

On 9/4/2018 at 2:25 PM, trixicat said:

Well i disagree, brainless kids will lose, when they get  their bans.

1: go on instang gaming

2: buy ets2 for 2€

3: go trolling again.

No IPBan, No machine Ban.. nothing.. just the steam account, create another one and is done, enjoy your trolling time.

Hello all,

I usually drive in the congested areas some during the rush hours in ATS and ETS2 both. I drive in different congested areas and usually don't stay in the same area all the time. I think it is quite fun and interesting to drive in those areas to make it feel more like irl rush hours in big cities.

• Project Manager

In my opinion the traffic is what makes it fun. Makes a welcomed break from the often empty roads you see elsewhere and providing your not breaking the rules most just find it fun! Though you always get some that spoil it for the others. Calais to duisburg is the new trend after the hour it took to just get to europoort from Rotterdam xD

Kind Regards,

Whitelodge

spacer.png | spacer.png

Event Request | Event Calendar | Feedback | Events