Running red lights

IBisquit

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25% of the time I get bumped / tailgated.

25% of the time I get honked by a hurry trucker.

49% of the time nothing happened.

1% of the time I run a red light when there is no traffic or couldn't stop in time.

0% of the time I run a red light and rammed somebody.

I only pass a red light when i´m in a convoy with my vtc. But i always driving slowly and check for other oncoming players. The Convoy Leader have to stop on a red light. Others can drive trough if no other players are coming.

When I drive alone i always stop for the realism :) But i see no problems driving over red lights as long as you pay attention to other players and let them their right of way.

I stop at basically every red light, theres no good reason to run a red light, other than events and very specific circumstances. There is also no good reason to do 150 kmh in a truck which is supposed to be limited to 90 kmh, but that would be for a different topic.

i don't care if there are people around or not, if the light is red I stop. if the sign says stop I stop. if there are people around and they don't like the fact I stopped for the red light or the stop sign then they can go play GTA or NFS. if they want to honk or get mad that I stopped at the light or stop sign, I will tell them, to bad. I am playing the way I want to play. if they don't like it go play on another server, since stopping at red lights and stop signs is not against the rules.

I agree that running red lights should be punished, but... If that were the case, speeding should also be punished. IRL, most people would stop at a red light and most people won't go faster than the speed limits (specially when driving loaded trucks). It would be absurd if someone gets banned for running a red light when there's no one around and some others don't get even a warning while driving their trucks at 150 Km/h on rural roads.

Driving is full of habits. Either you develop good habits or bad habits. You have no idea how many crashes I've been in or seen where people don't bother to look both ways at intersections and throw themselves into traffic who have the right of way. They don't consider checking their blind spots. That is a bad habit. Either that, or they don't know the rules of the road. MP is forcing me to drive extremely defensive. Even when I have the green light, if there is anyone around I slow down just in case someone decides to blow through the red light and I need to stop immediately.

Drive safely my friends.

I always stop at a red light regardless of the road situation. Very often I hear horns from other players in this situation. 
I suggest that you all drive responsibly and safely mainly on the Duisburg-Calais road.

I understand that not everyone has a driving licence in real life but you can use your imagination. :) 

Archived