Running red lights

IBisquit

Good day everyone,

So uhm yesterday when i was playing i saw alot of people ignoring red lights and quite often it results in crashes etc. I think personally its fine to ignore a red light if it doesnt hurt other players, AI there is no one at the other light or if there is no one near. What do you guys think?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ignore always red lights if there are no players or as the players are far away.
When i'm on a intersection and there are other players i always stop for red. Because they have a function. 

But most players who ignore are the kinds who even don't know what a traffic sign or traffic light is i think.

hi if you run a red light you do so at the risk of being kicked or banned  you can not run a red light if there are players at or close to the lights at the time even this apply's to convoys as well  you can run a red light if there are no players at or close to the light at the time or if your in a convoy being controlled by tmp staff in a event convoy  

Actually, there are no any rules about the signal.

So you don't need to care about the color of any signals, but I strongly suggest that you follow the red lights if there are many players near to you.

(* You could be banned, not because of its color but because of the reasons like Reckless Driving or Ramming or both. :RIP:)

In my case, I always follow the signals in the MP to protect myself.

And most of all, I don't want to hear the "beep" and see something like the screenshot below.

(Of course, I know how to adjust this function, but I do not because it keeps me polite and calm.. :P)

kzxDMs6.jpg

((:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:))

No one near me, ignore red light, someone is close to me, stop even if it's green light for me.

Some traffic lights are placed that they do not have function in MP, especially on the side roads, and particular T junctions. For an example, traffic lights on the crossroad where you can't turn left or right because it's blocked by yellow X X X X In SP from that part of the blocked road AI cars are meant to come. There are plenty of these useless traffic lights on the continent.

Everyone should obey the traffic rules such as lights.

If it's red then stop. (If there are players around)

Some players ignore the lights and even ignore looking at the map if someone is coming to intersection.

Everyone should start looking the map once in a while if intersection is coming up or slower traffic (to avoid collisions)

This is why i record every trip and report if someone is not following the rules. 

In my opinion, running a red light falls under the category of reckless driving, as the perpetrator intentionally and willingly accepts the likely possibility to endanger other road traffic participants and to cause material damage.

Running a red light unfortunately is not a punishable offense by the in-game rules.

But reckless driving is, according to §2.5, which defines it as "Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe, driving backwards, the wrong way, failing to yield, racing other users, ignoring other players and rules".

For me, the highlighted areas are the perfect definition of  running a red light.

Remember, a red lights does not last forever. Usually, it will stop you between 30 and 60 seconds.
Do you think that this short waiting time is worth a ban?

Drive safely!

Hello!

I think people should stop at red lights, look left and right than go. Basically people should treat the red lights as stop signs if there is no one they should continue on the road, and if there is someone they should wait for them to pass and than they themselves pass or wait for it to turn green. I had a similar experience a week ago. I was going from Dusseldorf to Vaxjo and outside of Dusseldorf there is a traffic light and it was green for me so me and my friend continued and when I was passing I saw a Scania on my right coming, keep in mind the light just turned green, so I proceed and was going slow because I had a heavy trailer and the Scania had a red light and he didn't even touch the breaks he slammed into me so bad he closed the game immediately.

Whenever i see a traffic light coming up i always check my tab list and my map to see if anyone is nearby. If there's nobody nearby i go through the red light, but if there are people nearby i stop.

<--> | English / Dutch | <-->

< Need help with anything? >

< Someone broke the rules? >

< Got banned unfairly? >

Do you stop on red lights like one from the picture bellow? Even stopping on the next traffic light is pointless, because from this side you can only turn right.

If this road was one of the busiest, stopping here will cause traffic jam, nothing more.

There is a plenty of these useless traffic lights, useless for MP, but they have purpose in SP.

ets2_20180826_160751_00.png

Archived