Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Is the server (EU#2) currently expiring lags?

Grundii

Question

15 answers to this question

Hello Mate :) 

Lag problem occurs because of your Ping.

TruckersMP team is doing a lot of work on this problem,Of course this depends on the speed of your Internet but there are now many solutions for about this problem,there’s no single way to reduce your ping, but instead a number of possible solutions – it’s a trial and error process. The first, and simplest, solution is to close all other programs and windows on your computer, making sure that there are no active downloads running in the background that might be affecting the ping. 

Another issue may be that someone else in your house is running a bandwidth-hungry service, like streaming Netflix in full HD or playing online games. The more devices that you have connected and actively using the internet connection, the higher ping you’ll have.

If you’re still getting a high ping, try and move your laptop nearer your router or, better still, connect your computer directly to your router using an Ethernet cable like the cheap AmazonBasics CAT6 Ethernet cable or powerline adapters, of which me recommend the TP-Link AV2000 2-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline. This overcomes any potential issues that you may be having with Wi-Fi and poor signal strength, which may affect the latency of your internet connection.

It’s also worth checking the wires between your router and the wall box, making sure that they’re all plugged in fully – we’ve had a few experiences with cable connections becoming loose over time, and tightening them has helped the problem.

If that doesn’t work, you’ll have to try the oldest trick in the book: turn your router off and turn it back on again. Specifically, unplug the power cable from your router and wait around a minute before plugging it back in again. If your setup comprises of a separate router and modem, make sure you turn both off and not just the router.

The next step would be to consider buying a new router. If you're just using the default one supplied by your internet service provider, you're probably not making the most of your connection. Upgrading to a better router like the ASUS-AC88U might help you get improved connection speeds, and potentially improve your Wi-Fi coverage too.

If you’ve followed all the above steps and you still have a bad ping, the only thing left to do is call your internet service provider. Your ISP will usually be able to detect and fix any potential issues remotely and should improve speeds – and if there are no faults with your connection, maybe it’s time that you thought about switching to another provider and you can also compare your Internet by looking at ETS2MP's current map list from your own head. http://ets2map.com/

And also this topic will help you:

Best Regards,

Tomukas.

• Thanks 2

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Hello, 

Try this steps:

• Verify game cache

• Delete garages, drivers.

• Load other save game.

• Make new profile.

• Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework (4.7) & DirectX & Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and use CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsolete registry paths.

• Update your graphic card driver.

• Pull down your graphics settings.

• Take care not to play in busy areas.

• If your Game is freezing for a long period it is because the mod Is attempting to its game time with the core game time. (SP & MP times are quite different)

• Go in company manager (this may be a pain) and fire all of your drivers first. 

• Save your progress then completely close the game

• Go into your Euro Truck Simulator 2 documents folders and select/highlight the your last profile (look at last modified) then with it highlighted hit the delete button.  (Again I know it could be a pain)

• In addition this video will be helper

• Also you can get support here by creating a ticket 

With all respect,

Gainer

• Thanks 1

Hello :) ,

Some people are experiencing some lagg from time to time, for me personally I have been disconnecting and reconnecting and some of my friends have been rubber banding and we also see people rubber banding sometimes also, I'd say it's the server being unstable from time to time maybe. For me the lagg has happened when there have been 4000 players in the server.

Although these days I haven't had much issues so it may have been fixed a bit, but experiencing lag spikes is common on a 4000 player server :D 

• Thanks 1

Hey @grundi2601, are the lags still occuring?

As others already said, lags can have many source, it could be anything from your internet to others computers.

If the lags are solved now, maybe the server or your internet connection had some lag spikes, which is completely normal.

If the lags are still occuring it would be good to know which lags appear more often: (1) Everyone is lagging and rubber banding at the same time, or (2) multiple people lag from time to time unusually often

~ MrJonton01

• Thanks 1