Banned for going through red light?

CRAZYdog113

If I upload a video to youtube and then post it on here could i get banned for going through red lights? I know this sounds stupid but I was going for speed runs. I did not cause any crashes and I always did check to see if anyone was at the traffic lights before I skipped the red light. 

Would be best if an admin could answer. Thanks!!  :D  :)

Add me on steam HERE if you wish. Just message me saying that you found me from the ETS2MP Forum.

Have Not uploaded many of my deliveries as waiting for STVTC TruckLive.

signature.png

I admit sometimes I skip red lights because they aren't synced correctly and I get honked for waiting at the red light, even I think someone reported me for blocking yesterday and I was just waiting for the red light to go green, thankfully admins and mods seems to do some checks and I didn't get kicked or banned for this, but someone was very angry about my normal driving simulation it seems, if you want to ignore red lights and such, I suggest you go on the Freeroam server, you have no risk of collision there at least.

76561198104067447.png

Going through red lights isn't a ban-able offence but if you do and cause an accident then accept the consequences.

You said you were save, so that's good but why do players complain about the lights not being synced and yet don't pay attention to them.

The amount of complaints I saw for lights to be synced and yet I only see a hat full of players stopping at them and then complaining that they were banned for running a red light and causing an accident.

I'm not having a go at anyone here in this thread but would just like players to be road safe and respect the lights and just wait for them, waiting 30 seconds or so can't be that bad surely?

Keep safe out there and happy trucking

Regards

Spencer

MY Ingame Status:image.png

In game rules can be found here:https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/115-in-game-rules/

I've seen a few times now on the server where the lights just get stuck on red or green and don't change. And it's happening to everybody, not just me.

Same for me. If that happens, I just treat it as a junction without lights.

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

Why do players complain about the lights not being synced and yet don't pay attention to them.

I actually think the main culprit for this is from putting the entire main server into a temporary state of non collision, then add the fact that the lights became desynced a few months later for a long time and that might be why no one bothers to obey the lights. Due to how long the lights were unsynced people must just be assuming that they're still broken because they've gotten into the habit of just driving through them regardless of whether they were red or not during that time they were unsynced. Not as many people were disregarding traffic lights until after this period.

Personally I think the real reason is those people are just impatient and can't wait, god forbid, 2 minutes or less. 

nz3d07.jpg

There's a fair few admins who aren't aware it's not a kickable/bannable offence. It's the community managers jobs to make them aware. Guidance is lacking in that department.

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

wait but the lights are synced now,right? :P

i usualy stop at red lights UNLESS one of the roads is the end of map ( aka theres only one turn you can make) in that case there cant be a collision realy and i dont stop..

wait but the lights are synced now,right? :P

I'm pretty sure that they've always been synced since they were fixed, I don't know why some people say they aren't. They almost always work for me? The only times they don't are when they're flashing amber but that's not very often. Maybe the length of time has been increased slightly and some thing that they're stuck because of the problem with the lights when they were unsynced, I don't know. But I'm almost certain they all work.

nz3d07.jpg

I'd recommend driving around the lights. Trying to drive through them could damage your truck

But, but, but...

Then again i seem to be in favor of flipping my truck on guardrails due to exhaustion more than anything right now...

I've seen a few times now on the server where the lights just get stuck on red or green and don't change. And it's happening to everybody, not just me.

Ive had all 3 parts of the light be red... (instead of red,yellow,green) ~_~

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

the others do know it now, thank you for bringing this to our attention 

• 1 month later...

Running a red light is only a kickable/bannable offense when you cause a collision or cause a near miss. But that comes down to the admin at the time. You cause a collision because you ran a red light can be a ban for disrespectful driving/ramming however if it's just a near miss, it comes down to disrespectful driving and at this stage it's down to the admin at the time.

But running a red light that doesn't cause any issues isn't generally a kickable offense.

Also, lights are commonly considered synced at this point.

@clark running red lights is not an offense only when a player makes an accident while running a red lights

if this was the case then we must doing it with following reason : red light cause accident or something in similar so then it would be more understandable  

i can confirm about admin kacaktv he didn't know that so right now i'm gonna inform him about this

• 1 month later...

Archived