Speed limited at 150km/h

TheR4vas

Question

Hello,

I play on Europe 2, ETS 2 MP. No matter what I drive, is it a Skoda or a truck, when I drive on no matter which road, except city roads (those are limited at 80km/h) at ~150km/h, I can't exceed the 150km/h somewhy. Half an year ago, I was able to do that on my other PC. I just started playing again now and this problem appeared. Truck limiter on TAB --> Settings is turned off, but when I try to go ESC --> Settings --> Gameplay and to tick off the "truck limiter" option and when I exit the tab and go back, it's turned back on, I don't press any "switch back to defaults" or any of that stuff, just exit out and come back and it's turned on again. Or are the servers now limited at 150km/h? Like I said, half an year ago, I had no problem reaching 230-240 with a Skoda. Every bit of help appreciated.

11 answers to this question

We decided to add a speed limiter of 150km/h as this is more than enough speed and isn’t as uncontrollable as 200km/h+ 

If you want to drive like that, go on to EU4 or play Need for Speed

• Like 1

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

Hey there,

They probably lowered the speed limit for the skoda and trucks without cargo. It's better, because if you drive 230-240km/h that is waaaay too much. You can crash faster and if you smash into a traffic jam or start driving reckless you might be kicked or worse: banned. So, lowering the speed limit was a great idea and i totally support it! Be happy you can drive 150km/h, it's fast enough and you will always arrive at your destination :)

Best regards,

Rukiro

Thank you all for the answers! I really appreciate it, well, I drive fast, but try do to it safely haha, sadly I won't be able to do that anymore. I think increasing it atleast to 160-170 would be a great idea, because trucks and cars at that speed still handle well, but that's just my 2 cents. Thanks for the answers!