Calais Duisburg route

ganjaman4881

Question

7 answers to this question

You can set pointer on your GPS to go on the C-D road, or you can disobey your GPS and just go there anyway.

You can use this program to create a job anywhere you want to go.

If you are going to go on the C-D road, I would suggest you have your wits about you, and also read this and this so that you are safer.

All the best

Dziada

Similar topic to your question.

I'll quote this one from @DerAmpelmann

It's popular, because it's popular. Okay, this might sound stupid, but I'll explain.

Some time ago Europoort was the most popular place in the game. I do not know why it came like that in the first place, but probably for the same reasons there are behind the popularity of the Calais - Duisburg road. The C-D road became popular after one Steam sale. Which one and when that I do not remember accurately anymore. The area at first became famous probably because most of the new players were there, the players who didn't know about Rotterdam and Europoort.

So the area was simply famous among some players. Then the C-D road slowly became the icon of the popular area as people, both old and new players, started realizing most of the players in that area drive on that small country road. Then the people started going there over and over again seeking the amount of traffic never really seen in the multiplayer before. Now, as you know, almost everyone knows the already somewhat legendary road. If somebody only counted, the name of the road could easily be the most used word or phrase on the forums. Even trolls take a second place in the ranking of most discussed things here, even though they kind of come hand in hand with the C-D road.

So this is my explanation with a drop of multiplayer history in it. What comes to the future of the road... I doubt the road will change any time soon, if ever.