Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

very first visit to the ETS MP

MTB-Fritz

Question

Hello MP community,

love the game and have it for some time now but stayed away from MP for various reasons till now. Waited for the 1.14 support version and finally am ready to "jump" into the experience. My goal was to create a new profile and start from scratch to build my career. But I run into a problem early on.

My haul is that load of tomatoes I need to deliver to the same city I start at. Yet when I start my engine I am already late so wont get any cash or money. After that I either crash or dont see any available loads in the "quick" section so i cannot continue.

I know this was an issue in older MP versions where you basically had to up your MP profile to a level where you already have a truck of your own. I was reading (and hoping) tho that this was fixed in the 1.14 support version. Is that not the case?

18 answers to this question

I managed to "fix" the issue by following the "rest your economy" guide but still had to create a new profile for it to work (took me an hour to figure out haha). The problem I now have is that whenever I finish a haul and/or level up the game crashes.

Or are frequent crashes normal?

MTB-Fritz, on 30 Nov 2014 - 08:53, said:

Hello MP community,

love the game and have it for some time now but stayed away from MP for various reasons till now. Waited for the 1.14 support version and finally am ready to "jump" into the experience. My goal was to create a new profile and start from scratch to build my career. But I run into a problem early on.

My haul is that load of tomatoes I need to deliver to the same city I start at. Yet when I start my engine I am already late so wont get any cash or money. After that I either crash or dont see any available loads in the "quick" section so i cannot continue.

I know this was an issue in older MP versions where you basically had to up your MP profile to a level where you already have a truck of your own. I was reading (and hoping) tho that this was fixed in the 1.14 support version. Is that not the case?

you cannot start the game in the MP MOD...

you must create a new profile in Singleplayer... get your own truck, only then come to Multiplayer!

Regards, Z

TS3 Senior Admin

76561198099032395.png

u can just cheat urself monney for a truck..or take a loan and buy a truck.

check the topic ''common problems.PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!'' in help forum for more help

thank you all for the replies.

So far I managed to create a new profile and start MP from scratch, made it to level 3 with quick tours but crash every time I finish a tour. I ll try to continue on this way and endure the disconnects until I can afford a truck on my own.

I was a little worried about an empty world as I read there is no AI traffic on the MP servers but I shouldnt have feared.....there are so many people online doing their thing that I meet other truckers even in secluded areas....LOVE it :)

There seems to be a lot of trolling and spamming going on, my couple hours I spent so far the devs were busy kicking and banning people left and right. Thankfully I didnt run into a rammer so far. That would be devastating to my young career :)

^ It just sends you to the service station. I don't think people would get banned for it, but kicked since they would be blocking or something and need to go to the repair shop.

2ltoxg6.jpg

The reason "F7+Enter" just means people are unncecessarily blocking the roads after they've crashed, flipped over, etc. when they should be going to the F7-tab and then press Enter to call a tow truck to take them to the nearest repair shop for a small fee depending on the distance, hence reducing the effect on traffic. But as people continue not using the service, admins often kick them out of the server to give them time to sort out their problem and let other players continue on their travels unhindered.

signature.png

Its been a successfull first day :) I took a loan from the bank and got me my first truck /yay

1. Had a few nice tours only once did somebody ram into me from the side, either intentionally or not seeing me I cant say. But it made me notice that I dont have any key assigned to MP chat and the controls menu doesnt show a "chat" entry either. Do I need to set that up specially for MP?

2. as I collect more and more money I wonder if the MP aspect is the same as single player? As in buying garanges and hiring drivers. I read some strange things about hired drivers in MP (as in they never finish any jobs and dont generate any money?)

couple more if you guys dont mind :)

regarding server synchronization. I already noticed travel or sleeping is instant so I assume everybody on the server is on the same time (server time). But I wonder about a couple other things that affect personal settings. Trailer stability or rain probability for example.

If its raining in my game that doesnt mean everybody around me experiences the same rain?

Does the personal setting for trailer stability or brake intensity count? meaning that 2 identical trucks with the same cargo can behave completely different?

Cities have been a major pain so far working out with a lot of light horns and honking. What I observed a lot are red lights which others around me either ignore or see different then me? Had a few instances where people in front of me stop on a red light, then start driving even tho its still red (for me). Or others coming in behind me starting to honk at me like crazy even tho I still got a red light.

I recently bought the Haloween paint job DLC and enjoy the pumpkin skin at the moment. I was wondering if others around me see the skin even if they dont have the DLC as its an official pack?

As for mods, I was thinking about getting some to up my experience (trailer type and maybe a couple trucks for example). But if I run around with a Scania TLongline...what will others see who dont have that particular mod installed. Or how about a trailer which only exists in my mod? Is that graphic package sent to everybody around me so they can see it or do others load the "standard" visuals?

edit: I skilled this new profile a little differently then my single player profile. So far I m level 7 with

ADR explosives

Long distance 2

High Value 3

Fragile cargo 1

When looking for a job I get 20+ pages of job offers but they are ALL standard deliveries. There is not a single one which is fragile  or high value (I m used to see an icon on the job description in single player mode). Not a single ADR job out of 20 pages as well. And I wonder why that is. Is it due to my level? (I thought skills alone decide what jobs you get) or is this job variety (none other then weight and trailer visuals) normal?

I ve come to the point where I d like to report certain people who obviously try to interfere in a maliscious way with my trucking experience ranging from blocking to ramming to scratching to being AFK on the road. What is the ID of another player? Is it the full name or just the 4digit number at the end?

Speed limit.....so far I have the smallest engine but disabled speed limiter, still I am unable to get past 90 kmh even without a trailer. I see a lot of people going far faster then me so its possible. I was thinking that even 360 PS would be enough to accelerate me to 100 or higher, maybe not as quickly but surely?

couple more if you guys dont mind :)

I don't mind helping at all.

If its raining in my game that doesnt mean everybody around me experiences the same rain?

This would be correct, weather is yet to be synchronized.

Does the personal setting for trailer stability or brake intensity count? meaning that 2 identical trucks with the same cargo can behave completely different?

I can surely say that brake intensity settings will count so two identical trucks might not brake at the same intensity. And I believe this is true for trailer stability too, but I haven't tested that as I have seen no reason to mess with that setting as of yet.

Cities have been a major pain so far working out with a lot of light horns and honking. What I observed a lot are red lights which others around me either ignore or see different then me? Had a few instances where people in front of me stop on a red light, then start driving even tho its still red (for me). Or others coming in behind me starting to honk at me like crazy even tho I still got a red light.

Of this, I am not sure. There are people who say that the lights aren't synchronized anymore so take care with your driving even if it turns out to be false.

I recently bought the Haloween paint job DLC and enjoy the pumpkin skin at the moment. I was wondering if others around me see the skin even if they dont have the DLC as its an official pack?

Other players will only see your skin if they have bought the DLC themselves.

As for mods, I was thinking about getting some to up my experience (trailer type and maybe a couple trucks for example). But if I run around with a Scania TLongline...what will others see who dont have that particular mod installed. Or how about a trailer which only exists in my mod? Is that graphic package sent to everybody around me so they can see it or do others load the "standard" visuals?

No mods work with the MP mod as of yet, except for the ones made by the MP developer team (which are mostly created in the MP environment anyway). Or at least I haven't heard of mods that do work, not counting the so called "cheat mods" which add levels and money through save game editing. Those only work as they only change the save game and not the game itself.

edit: I skilled this new profile a little differently then my single player profile. So far I m level 7 with

ADR explosives

Long distance 2

High Value 3

Fragile cargo 1

When looking for a job I get 20+ pages of job offers but they are ALL standard deliveries. There is not a single one which is fragile  or high value (I m used to see an icon on the job description in single player mode). Not a single ADR job out of 20 pages as well. And I wonder why that is. Is it due to my level? (I thought skills alone decide what jobs you get) or is this job variety (none other then weight and trailer visuals) normal?

This might be because of the time issue you mentioned earlier, yes everyone runs on the same time, which is much slower than what you're used to in singleplayer. And because the load calculations are tied to the in-game time, the daily refreshment takes more time to happen, which results in longer wait times to get the newly acquired cargo you have unlocked through skills. Sleeping, fast traveling and using a ferry/train refreshes the lists even in MP so you can get the loads visible if you want.

I ve come to the point where I d like to report certain people who obviously try to interfere in a maliscious way with my trucking experience ranging from blocking to ramming to scratching to being AFK on the road. What is the ID of another player? Is it the full name or just the 4digit number at the end?

The easiest way to find the ID (not counting standing next to him) is through the TAB-list, where the ID is the left-most number on the list next to the players' name. You only have to type in that number for the report to work, as adding the player name can sometimes be very, very difficult, as there are players whose names are messed up due to them using cyrillic, greek or whatever different alphabet than latin. Imagine trying to report player ópå´sáfä¨åläöäó, for example. He might be long gone before you get all the characters correct.

Speed limit.....so far I have the smallest engine but disabled speed limiter, still I am unable to get past 90 kmh even without a trailer. I see a lot of people going far faster then me so its possible. I was thinking that even 360 PS would be enough to accelerate me to 100 or higher, maybe not as quickly but surely?

A serverside speed limit is in effect on EU1 and US1, meaning that all the trucks are limited to 90km/h automatically, no matter what the personal setting says. On EU2, which is commonly called Freeroam server, you can go as fast as you can but there are no collission zones and no admins to keep watch so people can do whatever they want. But in the case of EU1, which is the default server, the only times people get over the 90km/h limit is when they're going downhill with a heavy trailer (even a slight incline can boost a 25ton truck to go over the limit) and then for whatever long it takes for the speed to drop back under after the downhill. Of course, speedhacks have been made but will result in a permanent ban if caught so if you see a player zooming past you when you're going 90km/h and there have been no downhills lately, he might have an illegal cheat under his hood.

signature.png

THANK YOU for the fast replies, the "sleep in order to make new jobs visible" tip worked wonders and I can now enjoy the fruits of my skill distribution /yay

Strange things have happened to me since I started MP. Usually in single player (even tho I have accumulated a couple hundred hours) coasting at 80 or 90 drivers me crazy. Especially when I see all the AI trucks going 120+ and accelerating like turbo charged sportscars :) SO I made it a habit to add 10-20 kmh on top of the truck limit (10 on land roads, 20 on highways)....yes.....my ticket inbox is full because of it :) but it works for me because after a while when you get used to the visuals and have seen (almost) everything slow speeds make me sleepy (honestly....I even had to disable fatigue simulation because the driver yawning makes my eyelids flutter shut /grin)

BUT multiplayer is a different animal. Even tho the roads are empty and theres this 90kmh speed limit rule across the server I LOVE IT. Even jobs at roughly 1000 kilometers werent a problem so far. I m usually alert and awake the whole time. The occasional chat and meeting of other players is refreshing and rejuvenating to me.

Met a few more trolls and people with bad intentions but I mostly dont bother reporting them. Mostly because I cant really type when I drive and I dont stop somewhere simply for that. Learned to shrug and continue or try to avoid them alltogether. That being said I dont understand why people do it (ramming and disrespectfull behaviour) because the admins are sharp and on the job and will react pretty fast which makes your account unsuitable for MP forcing you to either buy a NEW copy of the game or stop playing MP....seriously....why go to all the trouble just to ram someone?

I yet have to manage to get on the ETS2 TS3 server, the adress is repeated contunously on chat but whenever I try to connect it times out telling me the adress is invalid /shrug

Yes I know....not really any questions in this post. I just thought I ll give some feedback and let you guys know how I fared so far after you reached out to help me get started

/cheers

here is what I did

1. create a new profile on single player

2. apply money, xp and unlock all upgrades mod

3. did some quick jobs until i found a MAN dealer, customize a truck to the max and bought it

4. finished delivery and tried my new truck

5. removed mods

6. quit ets2

7. started ets2 MP

8. loaded my newly created profile and played

now i have to truck again to unlock all truck customizations to VTC's that require custom pain job