Suggestions for creating a constraint

Hello dear TruckersMP 

I want to ask you a few questions about creating a speed limiter on the C-D road.

1.If you can create a speed limit on the road C-D 80-90 kilometers?
2.Why not make such a function as in the city ?

This is at the expense of the speed limiter is a good offer to put her on the road C-D because
1.Less emergencies will be on the road 

2.Fewer intruders will be on the road
3.A small crowd of people because 80-90 kilometers per hour, will be very boring to drive.
4.Less inadequate drivers trying to cut at a speed preventing you from driving on the road

Thank you for your attention I will be very interested to read your response/feedback on such a proposal
Thanks for your attention regards LuiGi Junior:)

I think it's a good idea. People wont be able to overtake as they cannot go faster than the person in front. And people go there to go fast and crash so that will reduce crashes meaning less people go there and the cycle goes on. I think it is worth a try, C-D can't really get any worse so why not try it? Only problem I can see is that people will probably just find another place to cause chaos, like how europort was busy before C-D was.

Hi - I certainly think the limiter will stop dangerous overtakers, which will certainly reduce the amount of people causing crashes by dangerous over taking. Although it will not stop the amount of people who decide to travel via the  C-D road, as most people that go there, are doing it just to troll.

You can try everything but at the end of the day it is still the behavior of the driver and this can - as already known - only change himself :mellow:

I don't think it will change alot, C-D will always be C-D road. An idea of a speed limiter is not a bad idea, but there will always be people standing stationary on the road, overtaking, and all the random banter like always.

A speed limiter of about 120km/h wouldn't be a bad idea. Then people would still be able to overtake 'normally', but they won't be able to go the crazy 150km/h and just flip and crash instantly. Would it "solve" the problem? No.

But it might help a bit, not just for C-D road, also for other roads. Having a speed limiter of about 120 km/h might reduce the problems the speed maniacs cause :)

IMO it's not going to happen. It's true that enforcing the real speed limits on that road would solve the problem, but because it would turn the road it into a ghost area, most people would just abandon it and eventually they'd find another place to keep having their "funny videos". The result would be that the current C-D problems would simply move to another location and players would start asking for solutions to be put in place on that new area. This is what makes it useless, the best way to avoid all C-D problems is very simple and straight: Don't go there. There's a lot of map to drive on, no one is forced to use places/roads known to be full of trolls and reckless drivers causing problems. And there are other servers too, players who don't mind being speed limited will use EU#1 and have no problems. Players who insist on driving in EU#2 and going on that road are clearly looking for problems, so let them have their "fun".

Speedlimit make nothing better on the C-D road.
As other people already said, when the limit is for example 80 km/h and i drive at that moment 75km/h they will overtake me with 5km/h faster with all effects.
You will an oncoming car/truck at that time because it is busy, so everything crashes.

The only solution to me is to increase the 2 hours you need before you can use TruckersMP. This means that all trolls come less quickly.

IMO, increase the ban period if some actions are doing the following on purpose.

1. Dropping the trailer cover both sides of the road

2. Trolling

3. Ramming

4. Tailgating

So it will be 1 week, 1 week, 2 weeks, 2 months, 6 months and permanent ban.

Also with a "Single Player" penalty.

First time: 2 hours

Second time: 4 hours

Third time: 8 hours

Fourth time: 16 hours

Fifth time: 32 hours

If you want to tell someone "Learn how to drive, kid" Single Player mode is their driving institute.

My current thinking is that hopefully scs re mapping old parts of the map will fix the C-D road issue as that’s the only real “fix” because even a speed limiter will just result in 1 mph difference overtakes. Not what we want. But there no easy fix.

Well..in light of my personal experience, it will not be so influential. :mellow:

Maybe..it could reduce some accidents, but no more than this.

Because..as you know,

we already have some speed limitations, but we are still driving on the C-D filled with chaos and disorder.

Most of the players just want to play and enjoy with many people and of course, they do not want to be alone just like in SP.

I think this is the only reason why people love the C-D so much! :wub:

In short, I just want to say that most of users are not kids anymore, so we need no more any restriction/constraints.

We just need to obey our rules and respect each other more than now, rather than create something new one again and again. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I like your idea and kinda asked myself how did the developers not think of that? That is great idea and the traffic will be more peaceful than it is now, now its a total nightmare, chaos, bad drivers. That wont quite fix the problem with the drivers but it will make it better because some people drive in the grass opposite lane etc.

Hello,

I think it would be bad;

because the speed limit is too low, and people are more likely to hit the opposite user when they are overtaking at this rate.

I think a speed limiter would work to stop so many people from overtaking because the speeds will be more normalized. My main problem is the I drive a truck that's set up to be kind of practical and only has 500hp. So naturally it accelerates slower and people try to pass me because they speed up faster. So I think the limiter would work, however, I think people would find a new road to populate. I don't know, it would be interesting to see.

Archived