FPS STUTTERING

aGift4u

Question

Hello, I have started playing Euro Truck a week ago and started playing Multi Player 2 days ago.

I have no problems playing Single Player over 100 fps stable but in Multi Player my game freezes for 0.5 secs whenever i get someone at "Players near to you" tab. Tried lots of things none of them solved my problem. There is a ingame video to show you what is happening link below. I am using wi-fi not ethernet but I am not sure if thats the problem. I have 100 mbts download and 5 mbts upload. Before you ask my drivers are up to date and i will share my computers specs down below. My computer using all 8 cores and not on power save mode. Graphics doesn't matter it happens even in lowest resolution. I have this stuttering propblem only ETS2 MP right now but i had stuttering on CS:GO before they relased panorama update, that fixed it.

3 Year Old Gaming Laptop ASUS G550JK

OS: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz

GPU1: GeForce GTX 850M on GM107-A GPU

GPU2: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

RAM: 8GB

Ingame footage: https://mega.nz/#!Zg4iXSwZ!f6qx_cchxTajkzzqwIBk4UlEJG935nRXiDKreDh_2qE

5 hours ago, Andreas[Chef][GER,FR,ENG] said:

Owning DLC's might help a bit with low FPS aswell in crowded areas since the game instantly loads the original skin and doesn't replace it with a random color.

Installing the game into an SSD helps with game loading and auto-save freeze.

Thank you!

All other things you have said is already done . I can't buy all the dlc's for this reason. But maybe i will get a SSD soon.

2 minutes ago, aGift4u said:

Thank you!

All other things you have said is already done . I can't buy all the dlc's for this reason. But maybe i will get a SSD soon.

Please let us know, your question is answered now? :)  

76561198137570016.pngAddFriend.png

1 hour ago, aGift4u said:

Thank you!

Sure, if you have further questions do not hesitate to ask :)

Kind regards

Andreas

Hello Mate :) 

I'll give you these advice to help you solve this problem.

1) I moved C:\Users\...\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 entire folder on same drive where the game is install.

It seems that the game run better if is on same drive with profiles, mod,..folders

For me:
- ETS2 Docs - D:\Euro Truck Simulator 2
- ETS2 Game - D:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2

Change on your ETS2 Shortcut -> Properties -> Shortcut -> Target, adding -homedir "your new path"

For me :
"D:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\eurotrucks2.exe" -homedir D:\ -nointro

2) Change on D:\Euro Truck Simulator 2\config.cfg

One of the biggest problems for me was the "shadows" on game, even when I set them to minimum from games settings.

For who don't care about shadows in game (like me) my recomandations are:

uset r_cloud_shadows "0"
uset r_fake_shadows "0"
uset r_sun_shadow_texture_size "0"
uset r_sun_shadow_quality "0"

3) Settings in game "Graphics" window

- Refresh Rate: Default refresh

- Vertical Sync.: Disabled
Here you need to test, sometimes Enabled is better

- Scaling: 100%
I use NVIDIA Inspector for setting my video card driver.

- Antialiasing (MLAA): OFF
Big problem for all gamers

- High Dynamic Range (HDR): ON
Here you need to test, sometimes OFF is better, but you lose in quality, and game become too "dark" (less effects, all climates, days, ... seems to be the same, game become boring)

- Depth of Field (DOF): OFF
Not have a major impact on FPS. From what I know, this settings, make a blur effect on far images, like a fog. Turn ON if you like.

- Sunnshafts: ON
Is ON for same reason like HDR

- Color Correction: OFF 
Here you need to test, sometimes ON is better. If you use some mods with impact on image, (weather, climate, skybox, other graphics mods..) keepit OFF, else you cancel your mod settings.

4) - Anisotropic Filtering: Minımum
Is hard to explain in few words, but you can see the "effects" of this setting on distance images when the viewing angle is sharp (especial to road lines in curves, fences ...).
This settings have a major impact on FPS, for me. For other players is not a problem. Setting to MAXIMUM (right side) give you a better quality for image but decrease FPS.
I set this to MINIMUM because I do Anisotropic Filtering with my graphics card (read NVIDIA Inspector Settings). Maybe I will slightly increase the value from the minimum in the future tests.

5) Other Changes

See which mods you use. Maybe graphics, weathers and traffics mods are your problem. If without them the game goes much better with your settings, you have a problem with the mods and not with the settings. For traffic mods you can also reduce the max_vehicle_count from traffic_data.sii and so increase FPS.
If you do not have a powerful computer, do not load too many mods. Test each mod, if you have FPS drops it means something is wrong with that mod.

Best Regards,

Tomukas.

• Upvote 1

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Hey there again!

I wanna show you how to resolve if your fps is dropping off when you're playing games on your computer. I will show you how to hopefully resolve it with a couple of quick tricks that should be able to work on their own. Hopefully one of them will work for you!

Start by opening up the start button and then you gonna type in "regedit". You wanna right click on it and then left click on "run as administrator". And if you are receiving "User Account Control" window, you wanna click "Yes". 

So, once your screen is showing the "Registry Editor", you can double click on "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" to expand the view or click on the little arrow next to it. Then do the same for the "System" folder - click on the arrow. And then open the GameConfigStore, just left click on it one time. On the right there should be something called "GameDVR_Enabled". Right click on that, then left click on modify and the value data should say "1". Change it to "0" in there and click on Ok.  After that, restart your computer and see if your game is running better then. If that didn't work for you, there is one further step we can take here. 

Open regedit again. Then navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" - expand the view by doble clicking on the folder or left click on the little arrow next to it. Now you have to expand the Software folder and once you have done that, navigate to Microsoft and expand that one as well. Now scroll down till you see PolicyManager, expand that view as well. Then you have to expand the default folder, then we are going to ApplicationManagement. Expand that one more time and click on AllowGameDVR one time. On the right side there should be something saying "value". Right click on this and left click on modify. Set this value data to 0 as well. Click on OK and close the Registry Editor. Restart your computer and hopefully the problem has been resolved. 

Best regards,

NeonLeon

TruckersMP Support

1. Update your graphic drivers

2. Give your GPU a slight overclock(if you had bad cooling system, do not try this!)

3. Boost your PC with an optimization tool

4. Switch out that old HDD and get yourself an SSD

5. Turn off Superfetch and Prefetch

6. Defrag & TRIM your hard disk for faster access

7. Tweak your Intel, AMD or NVIDIA Control Panels

8. Optimise game settings

2 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Hey there again!

I wanna show you how to resolve if your fps is dropping off when you're playing games on your computer. I will show you how to hopefully resolve it with a couple of quick tricks that should be able to work on their own. Hopefully one of them will work for you!

Thanks for the advice but I did those before already :( 

2 hours ago, XinBao^ said:

1. Update your graphic drivers

2. Give your GPU a slight overclock(if you had bad cooling system, do not try this!)

3. Boost your PC with an optimization tool

4. Switch out that old HDD and get yourself an SSD

5. Turn off Superfetch and Prefetch

6. Defrag & TRIM your hard disk for faster access

7. Tweak your Intel, AMD or NVIDIA Control Panels

8. Optimise game settings

I have done all of those :(

17 hours ago, Tomukas37 said:

Hello Mate :) 

I'll give you these advice to help you solve this problem.

1) I moved C:\Users\...\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 entire folder on same drive where the game is install.
2) Change on D:\Euro Truck Simulator 2\config.cfg
3) Settings in game "Graphics" window
- Refresh Rate: 
- Vertical Sync.: Disabled
- Scaling: 100%
- Antialiasing (MLAA): OFF
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): ON
- Depth of Field (DOF): OFF
- Sunnshafts: ON
- Color Correction: OFF 

4) - Anisotropic Filtering: Minımum
5) Other Changes

Best Regards,

Tomukas.

Unfourtanetly none of them fixed my problem. 

At this point I am giving up. I tried everything none of them fixed my problem. I have no idea what causes it. Besides those stutters I get solid 130 fps. So I don't think my problem is hardware based. Maybe I will try to get a SSD. That is only thing I haven't tried yet. 

Mods you can close this topic if you want. Every advice is same, repetitve not helping me. Thank you all for responses.

aGift4u

//Moved to Unsolved on OP's request.

If you'd like to open your topic again, you can contact one of us.

If needed, you can create a Support ticket.

So far, thank you everyone for helping.

Hello everyone!

Today I realised this problem occurs in many games like; Rocket League, Project Cars 2. All of them have the same thing in common, when a player joins/disconnects online session I get a little freeze, stutter. It is looking identical to my problem with ETS2 MP.

So I wanted to share my findings with our community. And also I think core of this problem is my old HDD so I have ordered a SSD. I will give an update soon! 

What are your thoughts?

Best regards...

aGift4u

I was reading through this whole thread and I was thinking the same as Andreas.

For me it sounds like a HDD issue. Loading players requires getting textures, skins and other files from the game resources.

Those need to be read on your Hard Drive. If your Hard Drive is busy for some reason (this can happen in idle, too), because of for example any Windows tasks, background programs or anti-virus software, it can't handle all the load put on it.

Especially getting many small files takes a long time on HDDs, because the magnetic head, that reads the data, has to get to the right spot first, and then maybe has to wait again for the platters in the hard drive to rotate until the data can be read by the head.

I would recommend you to inform yourself in if you can put in an extra SSD in your laptop additionally to your HDD. Then reinstall ETS 2 and TruckersMP onto your SSD (remember backing up your profiles) and then see if your lag spikes are solved.

I still have a question: Do you have Auto-Saving enabled?

1 hour ago, MrJonton01 [DRK/1-MTD-1] said:

Maybe try to defragmentate and see if it helps

Will try that

6 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

I just recommend you to open a support ticket at support.truckersmp.com

I did. They didn’t provide me any different tips. They also think it is my HDD related. Will give update when I get my SSD.

Hello there! 

This topic has been inactive for over 6 days and because of that, I'll move this topic to the 'Unsolved topics' section. If you still need help, feel free to submit a support ticket: https://support.truckersmp.com.

Thank you very much for your help and patricipation. Have a great day and happy trucking! B)

Kind regards,

MHT

Support Manager

/Moved to Unsolved due to inactivity.