Urgent Question About Being Banned #2

Zyklenome

Question

This is my second question on being banned for today. I have 4 bans. And if a year passes by without me getting banned at all, and I get a fifth ban more than a year after my 4th ban, does this count as a fifth ban or does it go back to '1st' ban? I am asking this because I am worried about it because I am in no mood to make another steam account and buy the game and all the dlc's (around $50). Also, is there another way around this? Can I make a new TruckersMP account without making a new steam account? Thank you in advance. 

10 answers to this question

Hi there

This explains your question

§2.11 - How bans are issued

The first 3 bans issued are at Game Moderator discretion.

The 4th ban is 1 month.

The 5th ban is 3 months.

The 6th ban is permanent with no chance of undo.

Any bans further than 12 months before the current ban are ignored under this rule. This is considered the cooling off period.

If you have at least two history bans of the same length in your ban history, Game Moderators may extend your ban to the next ban history length, regardless of how many bans you have had in the last year. For example, if you have already had two 1-month bans, your next ban can be extended to 3 months. If you have two 3-month bans, your ban can be extended to perm. Note that bans that are extended due to it being your 4th, 5th or 6th ban cannot be removed, they are strictly 1 month, 3 months and permanent.

Kindest Regards

Total EDM

Why do you think that creating another account would be allowed,  then why have any rules,  why have admins,  let's just give all players the right to do anything they want! 

The bans are there to remove players such has you, that cannot follow the rules.  It's not the account that is banned,  it's you! Creating another account while you are still banned is called ban evading and is also not allowed. 

• Like 2
  • True Story 2

I will add that having another account when you are banned is prohibited. It is ban evading.

§1.2 - Ban Evading

Creating or using another account to get around a temporary or permanent ban. If the evidence points that you have ban evaded, Managers reserve the right to ban you again without notification.

About the accounts, 1 Steam account = 1 TruckersMP account. Family Sharing won't work.

If you get 5th ban after a year since your 4th ban expires, it will count as 'first' ban. So don't worry about that. 

And there is no way to link 2 different TruckersMP accounts to one Steam account. Moreover, if your register one more TruckersMP while being banned, it counts as ban evading and causes punishment.

Hello,

No. You cannot make a new TruckersMP account without making a new Steam account.

However, making a new account with a new Steam account will count towards Ban Evading, and is, of course, not allowed.

We also have a rule to support this. I recommend you read all our rules, also to prevent from getting banned again: https://truckersmp.com/rules 

§1.2 - Ban Evading

Creating or using another account to get around a temporary or permanent ban. If the evidence points that you have ban evaded, Managers reserve the right to ban you again without notification.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Hey there!

First: If all your bans were older than one year, your next ban would be like your first one, of course also affects your other punishments (for example if you had more than those four bans before). To your other question:  As I know you'd be able to delete your old truckersmp account and then create a new one after 14 days, but your bans would still remain. So, if you buy a new game and create a new steam account it wouldn't be that smart as well, because it is ban evading and here is what our rules are telling us about ban evaders: 

§1.2 - Ban Evading

The best solution for you would be to stay calm and avoid crashes. After your bans are older than this cool-down year, of course you should keep a calm payer as well then, but you would be more "free" since your next ban wouldn't then be 3 month or permanent.

I wish you all the best! And, please tell us if you are satisfied with the given answers or still need help ;) If you've got more questions, don't hesiate to ask.

Best regards,

NeonLeon

TruckersMP Support

• Like 1

We're glad to hear that you've understood now. Thank you for your help and participation.

I hope that you're having a great and of course, happy trucking! ;)

/Locked and moved to Solved.