game crashes when i change my player tag color

railsimdude

Question

11 answers to this question

Hello Mate :) 

Please follow these steps:

- Make sure your video card driver is up to date 

Steam > Library > Right click on the ETS2 > Properties > Local files > verify the integrity of the game cache.

- My  Documents > Euro Truck Simülatör 2 > Delete the '' Config. Cfg '' file and then open a new profile.

Best Regards,

Tomukas.

• Like 1

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

2 minutes ago, railsimdude said:

Why does my game crash when I change my player tag color on truckers multiplayer. ITS ANNOYING.

Have you tried checking the game cache on Steam by right clicking on the game in your Steam library then click properties then click the local files tab then click verify integrity of game files..

There could be a corruption somewhere or may try uninstall truckersmp multiplayer and reinstalling.

Hello,

Have you tried to reinstall TruckersMP? That might help you.

Also if nothing of the above works, please consider to make a bug report.

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/380-in-game/

There also is another way to change your tag color, but it's a bit more complex. However, this does allow you to get precised colors, like the one of your VTC or your favorite color.

This is how to do it:

1. Go to your Documents
  2. Open your ETS2MP or ATSMP folder
  3. Open the config.txt file
  4. Search for something called " "tag_color" ", which has some numbers behind it.
  5. Those numbers behind this "tag_color" is the Decimal code of a color. If you want to get your own color from somewhere, ask for the color code. This can be something like "#78909C", which is the color of the Community Moderators here on the forum.
  6. If you have this color code, use the following website to change your Hexidecimal code to a Decimal code: https://www.mathsisfun.com/hexadecimal-decimal-colors.html
  7. The example color I used, is the following in Decimal code: "7901340"
  8. Use this code to replace whatever is placed behind "tag_color" in your config file. 

I really hope the above helps you to temporarily change your color.

Let us know what helped! 

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Hello, try to do the steps mentioned above and if not right, try this:

go to documents and delete the ETS2MP folder, start the MOD, then try changing the color of the tag again.

~DJFrontier

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you to everyone who has tried to help our lovely player.

Now, we would like to know if any of them have you?

~ccowie

I had the same problem and searched on the forum for solutions. But could not find a final answer if the tips had worked or not. So I followed one of the tips and in my case the game is now working fine online. So, following the steps below, you also can solve your problem:

1. Uninstall TMP via windows

2. Open regedit. Search Truckersmp and delete every result

2.1 Open regedit and now search ETS2MP and delete every result

3. Manually delete any TruckersMP's folder created when laucher was installed

4. Download TMP laucher again

5. Install TMP laucher AS ADMINISTRATOR

I hope it works for you too.

Regards:XinBao^

^ As above.

Now it has been over 5 days since you last time replied to this topic and thus the topic will be moved to 'Unsolved topics'. 

/Moved to Unsolved due to inactivity.