Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

After changing BETA for MP, SP not working anymore

Zombiekey350

Question

Regarding this closed question of mine earlier today: 

I had changed the BETA to NONE after which I could finally log back into TruckersMP. Sadly, my singeplayer client doesnt work anymore because it says it is not on the latest version. How can I fix this? I want to be able to play both SP and MP without having to change the version for one or the other. I sadly forgot to check on which version my BETA was before I changed it to NONE. I tried putting it on the Public Beta and the latest versions called Temporary 1.30.2.1 etc.

14 answers to this question

there should be a folder called "profiles(1.30.2.9s).bak" in your Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder. There will be a save folder in there which you should put into the save folder, you should then be able to play MP with the profile. Here is a gif which shows what to do. 

https://gyazo.com/86b09e2cd0f7d086ad0fc2426237dd6b

Hello, 

You must update ypur game to the expected version to support. 

- Open steam

- Click on Ets2 or Ats

- Rightt click 

- Click the last option down at the bottom 

- Click bata

- Click the expected version & let the game Update. 

If you click the wrong one you can go back  and click the one you meant to click after the update. 

Regards,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         shiguang

I'm willing to go with you and drive all over the map

Greetings.

This has happened to me once.

This is caused by your current save files being transfered to 1.32 Beta and trying to return them back to 1.31. The way ETS2 handles save files being transfered to beta then back to the original version sometimes glitches out and the only way I see to fix the problem is to first back up your save files before switching to Beta, otherwise, you might encounter this problem. I'm uncertain if there is a solution for this, but try this: Go to your Documents and find and access "Euro Truck Simulator 2" folder. There, find the "profiles" folder and rename it to something like "profiles(1.32pb).bak", and then, find the folder called "profiles(1.32.2.25s).bak" and rename it to "profiles". Try to launch ETS2 in singleplayer and see if it works; if so, then you should be ready.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1

v1.png 

I changed the BETA back to NONE. I did, however, just opened an older saved file I had which was supported. Right now I am able to play both SP and MP, but I do not have the new update anymore with the trailers and I can't get ETS2 to update...

Is this trailer update already supported in MP? Or can I already download the new update and mess around with trailers in SP, and use normal trucks in MP? 

Please remember that TruckersMP doesn't support anything related to the Open Beta version of the game and only relies on official releases. As long as you use different "profiles" for each version, you may continue to use the Open Beta for SP and the "None" version for MP, as long as you switch and use the save files accordingly.

Also, note that the Open Beta is technically not an update and it's still being optimized to be used as an official release. When the update is officially released and the game is automatically updated to 1.32, it's an update :D

I can also see that your problem is now fixed considering that you are able to play both TMP and ETS2! :) Hopefully, there are no more issues on your side.

Kind regards.

v1.png 

hello

if you can play MP now,SP will do

i think you must have had this problem when choosing the save files

if so,you just need to drop down your save files list to find the previous version of the game,that's what you call the game version of mp supported.

hope this can help you

Best Regards

Soul Knight:)

Hello, Bonjour,

Many great answers have been given, thank you to the community on that one.

Has your problem been solved?

~ccowie

Dear @Zombiekey350,

It has been over 3 days since you last time replied to this topic. Because of the inactivity, I'll move this topic to 'Inactive topics'. 
If you  still need help, you should open a support ticket: https://support.truckersmp.com
Thank you for your help and participation. Have a great day and happy trucking!

/Locked and moved to Inactive due to inactivity. 

^ As above.

Now it has been over 5 days since you last time replied to this topic and thus, I'll move this topic to 'Unsolved topics'.

Have a great day! B)

/Moved to Unsolved due to inactivity