I made a suggestion on SCS forums, what do you guys think?

Glada_Laxen

Would you like to see the Rainbow/Pride Flag with the National Windows Flag DLC?   

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the Rainbow/Pride Flag with the National Windows Flag DLC?

It's kinda strange to put it into a game, but I don't really have a problem with it, this is a community, and if some people are different, just accept that Jesus, there's no point arguing on this topic, let people feel and be free to express their character and their preferred gender.

With that said I'll remain silent about this topic.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MrG721 said:

First of all

1. National flags represent group of the people living  in the same country and they are patriotic symbols, an LGBT player from Sweden has the national flag which is the national flag of the Sweden.

2. Other than sexual identity, rainbow flag doesn't represent any nation, you said it represent peace and love, but for the large portion of the society it represents political resistance.

3. The Gay/Lesbian kingdom is the product of group people that were decided to disobey Constitution and laws of Australia, kingdoms weren't recognized by any country thus they were illegitimate. So your argument is invalid.

You are messing national flag with the flag that doesn't represent any nation, all national flags has Code of Conduct and members of the nation has to follow and respect their national flag, waving with different flag and requesting something that isn't in the Constitution is political resistance, also when you wave with different flag, claim new nationality and piece of land it might be seen as separatism.

Those are all political layers, it's not all about "peace and love" 

There are many flags that has swastika on it, before swastika was demonized by 3rd Reich, swastika was and it's still symbol of the good luck and prosperity and for the people from entire Asia as well Slavic people it is still symbol of the prosperity.

Do we need flags with swastika in the game? No? Why? Because there is still huge political disagreement on this topic.

Same goes for the rainbow flag.

I'm having an issue of understanding why it is so important for you to push rainbow flag in the game when there is a clearly huge disagreement across the globe on this topic.

If you are so concerned about human rights and you are willing to fight for it, then I suggest you to look up for an example in Saudi Arabia where women actually has less human rights than LGBT members in Europe, and people are publicly stoned to death or beheaded.

For those who think that topic will be closed because of us who have different opinion, it is always like that in their minds.

Topic will be closed this way or another, having different opinion is not the reason nor having different opinion is sin.

The reason is that topic has political layers but some people refuse to acknowledge.

For the end

My opinion is that we don't need content that is political sensitive, it can raise a lot of requests that can bring more trouble than benefit to developers.

There are many things wrong in this world, but that's for another discussion, this thread is not about Saudi Arabia or such. 

But what political disagreement regarding the rainbow flag do you speak of? 

SHeDTix.png

2 hours ago, Glada_Laxen said:

There are many things wrong in this world, but that's for another discussion, this thread is not about Saudi Arabia or such. 

But what political disagreement regarding the rainbow flag do you speak of? 

You can't neglect violation of human rights on the one side of the globe and in the same time advocate for the human rights on the other side, that is called double standards and it is the same discussion.

You mentioned those gay/lesbian kingdoms, rainbow flag was the flag of that/those kingdoms, if you didn't understood that those imaginary kingdoms were product of political protest therefore disagreement between Constitution of Australia and group of people that were demanding changes of the Constitution, and just to remind you that Constitution represent sovereign state and opinion of the majority of the citizens of that state.

It was political clash, you can't enforce something into Constitution without referendum and opinion of the remaining citizens.

I think I was clear enough so far, we agreed that we disagree, so accept my disagreement.

P.S-Never in my life experienced that someone contacted me via private message, telling me that I didn't wrote why I voted "No" like I have to explain my vote.

Well should be interesting imo, players do have the freedom too apply certain flag on there truck, however putting that flag in MP might be different thing.

As we all know we have worldwide player base, so some players might it find okay while others react differently even offensive towards the players.

Anyway lets see first what SCS has too say about this.

If this does get put in-people who act offensively to the players with the flag can very easily get banned. Also @MrG721, it is a flag. It is not a weapon, it is not inappropriate content, it is not hate speech and it should not affect anybody. This forum seriously isn't a place to argue about politics which have very little to do with adding a multi-colored flag to a game/simulator.

Wow, It's a really fresh topic to discuss.

I think this topic could be a good one to everyone.

But I also think enough time should be given to SCS, and of course, to all of our MP members to get a best result. :)

(* It's really difficult to pick up one. Needless to say, I'm still thinking... I'm not sure yet which one I should select.:P)

And I think maybe you could be a pioneer. :lol:

On 8/13/2018 at 12:14 AM, S p a r k i e said:

If this does get put in-people who act offensively to the players with the flag can very easily get banned. Also @MrG721, it is a flag. It is not a weapon, it is not inappropriate content, it is not hate speech and it should not affect anybody. This forum seriously isn't a place to argue about politics which have very little to do with adding a multi-colored flag to a game/simulator.

Other than that I said that it is a flag that doesn't represent any nation as it was suggested in opening post, but likely political movement.

"weapon, inappropriate content, hate speech" are your made up words that you are attempting to align with my disagreement.

Seriously, accept my disagreement and stop pushing your agenda, bye.

Hello,

This can be a good idea for the flag, but, i think, in multiplayer, this can be a bad idea, maybe the users who use this flag, can recieve free insults about this...

I'm reluctant for the multiplayer...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Un passé lourd, une longue histoire, un vécu toujours existant avec la tête haute de nos jours.

Avoir une vie comme un développeur, et ne vivre que de sa passion pour rendre heureux les autres, n'est qu'une activité banale pour n'importe qui.

Si l'on veut écouter les autres, dans nos rêves, nos envies, on peut toujours avoir de l'aide, mais il ne faut jamais écouter les mauvaises langues de bois.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 hours ago, Realsim.fr Lexy said:

Hello,

This can be a good idea for the flag, but, i think, in multiplayer, this can be a bad idea, maybe the users who use this flag, can recieve free insults about this...

I'm reluctant for the multiplayer...

If people are going to be homophobic and will only show it if this becomes reality then I'm more for it. Get those kind of toxic people out of this mod. 

SHeDTix.png

15 hours ago, Glada_Laxen said:

If people are going to be homophobic and will only show it if this becomes reality then I'm more for it. Get those kind of toxic people out of this mod. 

I agree with you.

I'm not homophobic, and i'm ok for this suggestion, this doesn't disturb me.

I fear, the insults, or the behavior of the homophobic guys can be more hard, because theses users can see this "flag" and after insults.. This ask can be post, repost, we can happen at the same reply : the problem can be the behavior of the homophobics.

Un passé lourd, une longue histoire, un vécu toujours existant avec la tête haute de nos jours.

Avoir une vie comme un développeur, et ne vivre que de sa passion pour rendre heureux les autres, n'est qu'une activité banale pour n'importe qui.

Si l'on veut écouter les autres, dans nos rêves, nos envies, on peut toujours avoir de l'aide, mais il ne faut jamais écouter les mauvaises langues de bois.

Archived