I made a suggestion on SCS forums, what do you guys think?

Glada_Laxen

Would you like to see the Rainbow/Pride Flag with the National Windows Flag DLC?   

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the Rainbow/Pride Flag with the National Windows Flag DLC?

I made a suggestion on SCS forum about the Rainbow/Pride Flag to be added to the National Windows Flags DLC. It has yet to be approved to be shown on their forums, but I was wondering what people over here would think. 

The Rainbow Flag was also a flag of the micro-nation of The Gay Kingdom of Coral Sea or the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands which were founded to protest the discrimination in Australia, so I think it can fit under the theme of "National Flags".

In my country, Sweden, we see them a lot during the month of July. Even our busses and trolleys got them. And I would assume it's the same in some countries. So why not give people the freedom to do so as well in Euro Truck Simulator 2? 

512px-Gay_flag.svg.png

SHeDTix.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Linehauler, @Photonic Guys all he suggested is that TMP add the " Pride " flag, it has nothing to do with politics or your beliefs....its just adding a flag that people can CHOOSE to put on their trucks if they want to! No one is forcing you to do anything. If anything they could report one of you for making such a comment that wasn't needed & possibly offended them..Its like how people used to be shocked to see a woman driving a truck or a bus & now people don't even bat an eyelid. as long as they get you to where your going or deliver the goods to its destination who really cares. I seen a guy driving a pink ish nissan micra with a heart on the side, it did make me laugh but hey whatever floats his boat its his car so its his choice what he does to it! Men wear pink shirts too OMG, i know its shocking isn't it & i was having my pc fixed by a friend who happens to be gay, guess what happened? Yea my pc was fixed.....

No, reasons below:

1. National flags are patriotic symbols.

2. Pride flag is more of a political movement/sexual identity flag, maybe later will have different meaning, LGBT members already have nationality.

3. Those two gay/lesbian kingdoms weren't recognized by any country, so basically they were political byproduct.

We have too much political correctness forced into games lately, which is slowly taking to extreme.

I'll give 2 games as an example

- The Witcher 3

- Kingdom Come: Deliverance

These 2 games have mostly white people in the game, which makes sense. The 1st one is about polish folklore, the 2nd one attempted to recreate Bohemian/European medieval settings.

These games were labeled as racist by many so called game reviewers.

Same goes for feminism and LGBT community

Game like

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is the mirror of the current political situation in the USA, game is presented from the left wing/democrats point of view

More and more politics is embedded  within games and delivered as propaganda.

Entertaining industry should have freedom from politics and focus on freedom of creativity. The least thing developers should worry is how many flags are in the game, I would rather have better implemented physics than any national flag implemented, let alone political movement flags or sexual identity flag.

P.S - What kind of poll is this?

For voting "Yes" is straightaway "Yes" no reason or comment is needed. Why no reason or comment isn't needed?

For voting "No" reason has to be entered? Why? Why we need to write reason or comment? Why not straightaway "No"

For voting "Maybe" comment has to be entered? Why? Why not straightaway "Maybe"

It's like forced "Yes" poll.

38 minutes ago, MrG721 said:

No, reasons below:

1. National flags are patriotic symbols.

2. Pride flag is more of a political movement/sexual identity flag, maybe later will have different meaning, LGBT members already have nationality.

3. Those two gay/lesbian kingdoms weren't recognized by any country, so basically they were political byproduct.

We have too much political correctness forced into games lately, which is slowly taking to extreme.

I'll give 2 games as an example

- The Witcher 3

- Kingdom Come: Deliverance

These 2 games have mostly white people in the game, which makes sense. The 1st one is about polish folklore, the 2nd one attempted to recreate Bohemian/European medieval settings.

These games were labeled as racist by many so called game reviewers.

Same goes for feminism and LGBT community

Game like

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is the mirror of the current political situation in the USA, game is presented from the left wing/democrats point of view

More and more politics is embedded  within games and delivered as propaganda.

Entertaining industry should have freedom from politics and focus on freedom of creativity. The least thing developers should worry is how many flags are in the game, I would rather have better implemented physics than any national flag implemented, let alone political movement flags or sexual identity flag.

P.S - What kind of poll is this?

For voting "Yes" is straightaway "Yes" no reason or comment is needed. Why no reason or comment isn't needed?

For voting "No" reason has to be entered? Why? Why we need to write reason or comment? Why not straightaway "No"

For voting "Maybe" comment has to be entered? Why? Why not straightaway "Maybe"

It's like forced "Yes" poll.

Since you made a detailed reply I would like to respond directly to your points. 

To adress your points, 1. flags are all about representing, when you wield your country's flag you represent your country. The exact same thing would go with the pride flag. There are also SCS' logo with the DLC. 

2. The only political meaning the Rainbow/Pride Flag has had is to represent peace and love. It was only later that it also became a symbol for LGBT+, which I don't see as a political movement but a label for a group of people. 

3. The Gay Kingdom of the Coral Sea was founded as a protest for Australian government's refusal to recognise same-sex marriages. It was a legitimate micronation which was dissolved, less than a year ago, after gay marriage was legalised in Australia. 

Regarding your examples, sure games like The Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come has to be made historically incorrect due to political correctness, that I agree on. And so many other things are ruined for the same reasons. But for Euro Truck Simulator 2? The game is taking place in the present. Just because there's a person of color in the game or a homosexual person in the game doesn't mean the game is ruined, those people exist in real life and you will with extreme likelihood come across someone like that.  

I'm also having bit of an issue understanding what's so wrong with the Rainbow Flag in a political way? It's literally a flag which represents the right to love someone, and that's it. 

Voting no and leaving a reason would be like criticism to my post or a reason why they would deny someone to represent the Pride Flag. I'm not as interested as to why someone would vote yes other than they are supporting my idea, however, if they feel like adding a comment they are very much welcome to do so. And regarding "Maybe" it can be any reason which I am also interested in. 

SHeDTix.png

8 hours ago, Glada_Laxen said:

To adress your points, 1. flags are all about representing, when you wield your country's flag you represent your country. The exact same thing would go with the pride flag. There are also SCS' logo with the DLC. 

2. The only political meaning the Rainbow/Pride Flag has had is to represent peace and love. It was only later that it also became a symbol for LGBT+, which I don't see as a political movement but a label for a group of people. 

3. The Gay Kingdom of the Coral Sea was founded as a protest for Australian government's refusal to recognise same-sex marriages. It was a legitimate micronation which was dissolved, less than a year ago, after gay marriage was legalised in Australia. 

Regarding your examples, sure games like The Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come has to be made historically incorrect due to political correctness, that I agree on. And so many other things are ruined for the same reasons. But for Euro Truck Simulator 2? The game is taking place in the present. Just because there's a person of color in the game or a homosexual person in the game doesn't mean the game is ruined, those people exist in real life and you will with extreme likelihood come across someone like that.  

I'm also having bit of an issue understanding what's so wrong with the Rainbow Flag in a political way? It's literally a flag which represents the right to love someone, and that's it. 

Voting no and leaving a reason would be like criticism to my post or a reason why they would deny someone to represent the Pride Flag. I'm not as interested as to why someone would vote yes other than they are supporting my idea, however, if they feel like adding a comment they are very much welcome to do so. And regarding "Maybe" it can be any reason which I am also interested in. 

First of all

1. National flags represent group of the people living  in the same country and they are patriotic symbols, an LGBT player from Sweden has the national flag which is the national flag of the Sweden.

2. Other than sexual identity, rainbow flag doesn't represent any nation, you said it represent peace and love, but for the large portion of the society it represents political resistance.

3. The Gay/Lesbian kingdom is the product of group people that were decided to disobey Constitution and laws of Australia, kingdoms weren't recognized by any country thus they were illegitimate. So your argument is invalid.

You are messing national flag with the flag that doesn't represent any nation, all national flags has Code of Conduct and members of the nation has to follow and respect their national flag, waving with different flag and requesting something that isn't in the Constitution is political resistance, also when you wave with different flag, claim new nationality and piece of land it might be seen as separatism.

Those are all political layers, it's not all about "peace and love" 

There are many flags that has swastika on it, before swastika was demonized by 3rd Reich, swastika was and it's still symbol of the good luck and prosperity and for the people from entire Asia as well Slavic people it is still symbol of the prosperity.

Do we need flags with swastika in the game? No? Why? Because there is still huge political disagreement on this topic.

Same goes for the rainbow flag.

I'm having an issue of understanding why it is so important for you to push rainbow flag in the game when there is a clearly huge disagreement across the globe on this topic.

If you are so concerned about human rights and you are willing to fight for it, then I suggest you to look up for an example in Saudi Arabia where women actually has less human rights than LGBT members in Europe, and people are publicly stoned to death or beheaded.

For those who think that topic will be closed because of us who have different opinion, it is always like that in their minds.

Topic will be closed this way or another, having different opinion is not the reason nor having different opinion is sin.

The reason is that topic has political layers but some people refuse to acknowledge.

For the end

My opinion is that we don't need content that is political sensitive, it can raise a lot of requests that can bring more trouble than benefit to developers.

Archived