About chassis?

Woodpeacker

2x4 is for normal cargo isnt really a heavy puller but best for long distance trips 

4x6 is the middle child for pulling heavier cargo and long trips 

4x8 is for your heavy trailers mainly but a 4x6 dose it just as well 

the 4x2x6 mid and tag lifts they are kinda ok but i would use the midlift more then tag lifts 

2 hours ago, Bonnm said:

Hello, 

What do you exactly mean? :) 

I think there is no difference but to drag heavy cargo.

I wish there was a clearer difference.

1 hour ago, [VIVA] Arctic Wolf said:

I believe ever chassis have a different options for you like some can help with pulling heavy trailers. 

-Arctic Wolf 

Yeah, I used to feel the difference, but these days...

1 hour ago, chipmunk197 said:

2x4 is for normal cargo isnt really a heavy puller but best for long distance trips 

the 4x2x6 mid and tag lifts they are kinda ok but i would use the midlift more then tag lifts 

When I played games in 2015, I think I felt different in cornering and mobility, but these days.........nop

22 minutes ago, SR^[226]^ku said:

I think the stability is different.:D

I agree, the most significant difference is stability, even light cargo between 8t-12t will affect 2x4 chassis in some cases, and 2x4 chassis tend to frequently jump over smallest road bumps while longer chassis will smooth a bit those bumps.

^ Is that question for me?

If it is, then I meant that:

2x4 chassis with the 18t trailer @ 120km/h (example) in stronger road curve will probably tip over or player will struggle to keep control over truck.

while in same conditions

4x6 chassis will handle that curve much better and player will have less problem controlling truck

where

4x8 chassis might have even less problems

From my experience, 2x4 chassis really "feel" even smallest road bumps, especially bridge joints are dangerous, personally I've lost control over truck when I was hit one of those joints in Scandinavia, Denmark/Sweden not sure which country was.

1 hour ago, [VIVA] Fabio Jr said:

Hey,

What do you exactly mean? 

Same as the first question.Look at the text above. Look at the text above

1 hour ago, MrG721 said:

^ Is that question for me?

If it is, then I meant that:

2x4 chassis with the 18t trailer @ 120km/h (example) in stronger road curve will probably tip over or player will struggle to keep control over truck.

while in same conditions

4x6 chassis will handle that curve much better and player will have less problem controlling truck

where

4x8 chassis might have even less problems

From my experience, 2x4 chassis really "feel" even smallest road bumps, especially bridge joints are dangerous, personally I've lost control over truck when I was hit one of those joints in Scandinavia, Denmark/Sweden not sure which country was.

Thank you for your detailed opinion. I think it was helpful. :D

26 minutes ago, Woodpeacker said:

Thank you for your detailed opinion. I think it was helpful. :D

No problems,

I tend to use 2x4 chassis because I prefer light cargo/long distance deliveries, 2x4 will give me bigger fuel tank, grant me higher speed and decent maneuverability. On my routes often there are no players so I tend to drive at higher speed.
4x6 chassis that fits my play style is the tag lift version, which is good for the trailers up to 13t (and above of course, but I rarely pick heavier trailers), at very low speed you can lift truck's rear axle and it will become super maneuverable and if trailer has ability to lift one of his axles then you have ultimate maneuverable truck. Very helpful when driving slow in reverse while parking trailer. There is one company, I've forgot name (maybe NS Chemicals), that is working with ADR cargo and parking space of this company is so tight and small that these tag lift ability is really handy.

13 hours ago, chipmunk197 said:

I have to disagree here with you, Taglift 6x2 is much better than a midlift. Taglift is pretty much the same thing, but allows the shortest wheelbase for maneuvering. So essentially tighter turns, I would never use a midlift and I wouldn't suggest anybody to use it.

Hi,

Firstly all I said here are thinks that I noticed.

4x2:

This Chassis has the largest tank volume

The handling of it is ok

The acceleration is quite good because the powered axle is between cabin and trailer.

Is good for hauling standard cargo

6x2/4:

The tank volume is mostly 50% smaller than of the 4x2, so you need to do more tankstops.

The handling is really good, you can do a 360 turn in one run, depends on the chassis.

The acceleration is like the 4x2 but if you haul cargo the middle axle will get powered and the acceleration is better.

Also good for hauling standard cargo

6x4 / 6x2 (Taglift)

Both chassis variants got mostly a large tank volume like of the 4x2 or the tank is only a bit smaller but depends on the truck brand you use.

The handling of the 6x2 (Taglift) with liftable axle is really good, 360 turn in one run.

The handling of the chassis variants with non-liftable axle is bad, multiple runs to do a 360 turn.

The acceleration of the 6x2 is bad because if you give too much gas, the middle axle spins and you need more time to get some speed.

The acceleration of the 6x2 Taglift and 6x4 are really good.

The 6x2, 6x2 Taglift and 6x4 are supposed to haul heavy cargo but only the 6x4 can do it, the 6x2 and 6x2 Taglift can haul standard cargos at heavy cargos the middle wheel lose grip and start spinning so you need more time to get some speed.

8x4:

The tank volume has the same size like the 6x2/4 or the tank can be a bit bigger or smaller.

The handling of it is bad, but it depends which transmission you use 12 and 14 gear transmissions gives you more handling.

The acceleration is ok

This chassis type is supposed to haul heavy cargo.

In general the 6x4 is a really allrounder.

It all depends on the cargo you carry whether you want to carry light stuff or heavy. 4x2 and 6x2/4 are generally for lighter trailers where as the 6x2 and 8x4 are for more heavier cargo.

I have the highest 8x4 on a Volvo with the best Engine and it hauls even the heaviest cargo.

• 2 weeks later...

As your topic has been inactive for 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or inquiries, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.

Kind Regards,

.weezy

Community Moderator

//Topic moved to Archive.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

Archived