• Announcements

• LIGHTOFGOD

Active Recruitments   02/24/18

Game Moderator Recruitment - 11th of August to 30th of September 2018   Find out more information, here:     Support Team Recruitment - 14th of July to 14th of August 2018   Find out more information, here:     Add-On Team Recruitment - 14th of July to 14th of August 2018   Find out more information, here:      
    • Prime

Current Hot topic: ETS and ATS 1.32   08/12/18

What do you think the impanct of 1.32 will be on TruckersMP and how the mod will be played,...   Discuss it all with us in this Hot topic:  
SlideWayz3D

Next Busiest Road?

What do you guys think will be the next busiest road or place? When I first joined ETS2MP back when it was released to the public I always thought it was funny how Dusseldorf was so busy. With contact everywhere and no ghost trucks you had to wait along time to unload, I timed it once to get through the traffic that usually was all the way out to the diesel station coming in from Duisburg and to drop off at Stokes was 2 hours and 17 minutes. At the start it was real bad for me since Dusseldorf was home garage. Then later it went to Europort and Rotterdam I always helped with traffic control when it first started getting busy in a yellow and red Volvo now Europort and Rotterdam is now almost empty with not many people there 17 at the moment in EU#2. Now all the traffic is at Calais-Duisburg road. Of course there will be traffic for new DLC for a little while and it will fade back like Scandinavia and France, but after Calais-Duisburg road fades what and where do you think will be next to get 100+ people in traffic and stay like that for a while. I personally love busy, congested roads and places  but after awhile the same thing gets boring. Me I have no idea just want to see opinions. I did some searching didn't see any other topics like it so if there is I apologize.

I think that the C-D road will be busy for a very long time, even if it does get widened. Tourist attractions stay popular no matter what little tweaks happen to them.

At one point the road from oslo to bergen took interest, but after a while there they lost interest and everyone turned to Duisburg-Calais.So even if any place is popular, they will return to d-c again.

Best regards.

.banshee

I think C-D is reaching its expiration date. With the road being popular since mid-2016, also certain roads tend to be popular for around 2 years and then die out. Therefore, I think it will start dying a painful and slow death soon; it could take days, weeks, or months.

The Germany rework that will be coming over the next few updates may or may not have a big impact on the popularity of the C-D road. Nevertheless, I definitely think the next popular spot will be somewhere in northern Mainland Europe, as usually that's the most popular spot on the map.

Hmm in my opinion i don't see any other popular road except the c-d i find that road being a fun enjoyable road but have to remember some rules that come across going back and forwards on the c-d road. 

-Arctic Wolf 

Rotterdam and the Euro port used to be by far the craziest part of the map, with hour long traffic jams and complete chaos. Whilst the CD road is certainly busy, it doesn't compare to the chaos that the port used to be, but now the port is deserted and quiet. I think in time, the CD road will become much quieter, as all the traffic moves somewhere else - though the reworked Germany should lead to a rise in interest and traffic on the road, so it won't be for a bit.

Well.. I think we can't even imagine the answers of this topic as long as the C-D exists. :P

When the time comes, an alternative road will be selected by people without any efforts.

In my opinion, the roads that will stay days and days in motion, will always be the road to Calais and Duisburg. By the accidents that occur there by reckless drivers, nothing more than a patience can change. :P:D 

At peak times I do see some traffic when travelling from Calais to Lille (especially at the C-D road turn off :lol:) and also some from Brussels to Rotterdam but I have to agree with above that I don't think there will be another road that beats it. If there will ever be another busy road it will probably be near to C-D road anyway :P

As soon as it launched version 1.28 and came with it double trailers, the road between Bergen and Oslo was quite busy. I wish today that road would return with the great flow of before. :wub: 

I dont think it will change. The reason people go to C-D Road is because everyone else does it. So unless you can get the majority of people to drive another road it wont change. And i really dont think people will change road. There is no reason for them to do so unless the road changes so much that people think it gets boring :)